Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

Our most embarrassing WDW story happened at DHS back in 2003. My DS was 5 at the time. He LOVED Woody. He had an obsession with Toy Story. But he loved Woody the most. My dad bought him a life size Woody doll. It was about his height and he came with a matching cowboy hat. My boy took him everywhere.

In August, we surprised our kids last minute w/a trip to "Mickey's house". The moment we told my boy that he was meeting his idol. He started worry. The entire plane ride down, he was asking for advice on what he would say to him. We went to DHS first. We had to. The moment we arrived to Al's Toy Barn, Isaiah (my son) saw Woody and Buzz. He was so excited! After about 30 minutes of standing in a hot line, it was our turn to get a picture. He was so scared. I told him to go on, and say "Hi" and hand him his book to sign. Then we would get a picture. Isaiah walked up to Woody, Woody bent down to see him clearly. Isaiah looked up and said, "I HAVE A BIG WOODY". It was like hearing a record scratch. Woody stood straight up, looked at me & DH and placed his hand directly to his mouth. EVERYONE including the folks in line, my DH & the CM's were LAUGHING. Except me and Isaiah. My sweet boy looked at me asking what was wrong. I yelled. "Nothing baby. He's talking about the doll. They had to name that thing WOODY?!?"

We later sent family & friends an email post card.

Plane tickets for a family of 5 to WDW $800
WDW tickets for a family of 5 $600
Having your son tell his idol he has a big woody. PRICELESS.

Our most embarrassing WDW story happened at DHS back in 2003. My DS was 5 at the time. He LOVED Woody. He had an obsession with Toy Story. But he loved Woody the most. My dad bought him a life size Woody doll. It was about his height and he came with a matching cowboy hat. My boy took him everywhere.

In August, we surprised our kids last minute w/a trip to "Mickey's house". The moment we told my boy that he was meeting his idol. He started worry. The entire plane ride down, he was asking for advice on what he would say to him. We went to DHS first. We had to. The moment we arrived to Al's Toy Barn, Isaiah (my son) saw Woody and Buzz. He was so excited! After about 30 minutes of standing in a hot line, it was our turn to get a picture. He was so scared. I told him to go on, and say "Hi" and hand him his book to sign. Then we would get a picture. Isaiah walked up to Woody, Woody bent down to see him clearly. Isaiah looked up and said, "I HAVE A BIG WOODY". It was like hearing a record scratch. Woody stood straight up, looked at me & DH and placed his hand directly to his mouth. EVERYONE including the folks in line, my DH & the CM's were LAUGHING. Except me and Isaiah. My sweet boy looked at me asking what was wrong. I yelled. "Nothing baby. He's talking about the doll. They had to name that thing WOODY?!?"

LOVE your story....I used to have a really big Woody (ahem) (JK) fan in my home too!

:rotfl2:

during our '03 trip, my Isaiah enjoyed meeting the characters. We took a family picture with Donald at MK. In the pic, me, DH, DD (7) DS (1) were all looking at the camera. But my Isaiah (5) was busy looking at Donald's "junk" area The cast member yelled "SMILE" but the only thing Isaiah did was ask "Mama, where are his pants?":rotfl2:

this was good! LOL thx for posting.. I liked it so much I quoted and shared it with my FB friends!!!! hahaha

this was good! LOL thx for posting.. I liked it so much I quoted and shared it with my FB friends!!!! hahaha

My Isaiah said that A LOT when he was younger. When he was little, he had severe asthma. We rushed him to the ER one night, and of course he had Woody with him. The doctor came in and he asked how he was feeling. Isaiah, "See my big Woody?" The doctor said, "Excuse me?" We had to explain again that he was a character from his favorite movie.

Now Isaiah is 14. He's planning on joining the Military on his 18th birthday. He's changed A LOT since then, but he still has his giant Woody doll on the top shelf of his closet. He got rid of his childhood toys selling, donating or passing them down to his baby bro, but his Woody doll will always be with him.

I'm saving this story for his wedding rehearsal. :rotfl:

This happened almost 20 years ago, but I remember it as if it were yesterday! We were seated in the balcony for the Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue so we had to swivel around in our seats to watch the show. That meant our backs were to the table so we didn't notice the servers sneaking in with the first course. At a certain point in the song, all the servers slammed their metal buckets full of fried chicken down onto the metal dinner plates. It was like a canon going off and everyone jumped and laughed.

So, the song ended and we all served ourselves from the bucket of chicken. Our server (who missed his calling as a stand up comedian) came back with the next course, also in a metal bucket. He lifted it up as if to slam it down on the plates and then did a double take when he saw the food already there. He looked at the chicken breast on my friend's plate, then looked at her, then back at the plate. Then with a perfectly straight face he said, "Pardon me, ma'am but could you lift up your breast?" Well, we just lost it! We probably missed half the show because we just could not stop laughing. :rotfl2: And everytime the server came back, he'd give us a smirky little smile or crack a joke and we'd be off again. It reached the point where we wouldn't even look the server in the eye because just the sight of him sent us into hysterics.

The Hoop-Dee-Do-Revue was okay but it was really the server who made our night. Needless to say, he got a big tip!

I have been laughing at everyone else, but just realized I did embarass myself at DHS the first time I went. I rode TOT with my now ex-DH,(the "D" no longer stands for "Disney" or "Dear"), and I was absolutely terrified! Well played, Disney.
I screamed and screamed, sure that I was going to be catapulted out the window with each drop.
When the ride stopped, it was embarassing trying to pretend it wasnt me making all that noise, and exit with shaking knees. I got some looks.
When we went to view our picture, I found that everyone around us in the picture had their hands clamped to their ears.
They must have wanted to throw me out that window!

When we went to view our picture, I found that everyone around us in the picture had their hands clamped to their ears.
They must have wanted to throw me out that window!

:lmao: My DD8 (at the time) couldn't wait to try TOT. She screams on coasters, for 'fun'. But I've never heard her scream like she did on TOT.

more? please?
I promise I'll share again after our next trip. I'm sure there will be something. :blush:

American Idol experience. Freaked out, couldn't find the note, totally wanted the floor to swallow me whole!

I don't know why, but Dinosaur freaks me out. I am over 30 yrs old and that ride had me layin on my 5 yr olds lap screaming ( she was laughing hysterically).I go to this adrenaline rush place and can't seem to get the logic and reason back.

This just happened on Friday (yesterday)

My friend and I were in epcot WS. shes a picky eater and decides lets go to america to grab a bite to eat. inside of america the women dress like martha washington.. Im sure you guys know what I mean, with the long dresses and bonetts on their heads.

we go up to the quick service station order our food with the cashier and proceed to the counter where they bring your food on the tray; there was a young girl castmember who was asking us where we were from, talking to us about NJ and such... I noticed a really tall girl working there as well getting drinks and food behind the counter.

My friend says to the girl we were talking too. says "Is that a guy? (referring to the really tall girl) and she says. yes a guy. Then my friend laughs and says hahaha reallY? why do they make him wear that outfit? She says.. hes a transvestite. at this point I was like omg I kinda felt bad for the guy, they probably get that all the time) I didnt noticed.

My friend was like oh ok. :)

After we sat down my friend says I didnt mean that in a bad or mean way I just thought they made the guys dress like that. :)

it was funny. Hey I was like good for disney and equaL opportunity employer!:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter