Most Embarressing Moments at Disney

Ok I might as well tell on myself since everyone else is sharing, several years ago 3 of my friends and myself were staying at POP. We were all tired and were eating a late dinner at the food court. Well I was getting ready to eat my dessert and I decided that I wanted some milk with my Tye-Died cheescake. So I took my cup and went and found some milk, after drinking the whole cup of milk, I made the comment to my friends that the "milk is really think down here". They started bursting out laughing at me, and I had no idea why, finally one of them said I had gotten coffee creamer not milk............I drank a 20oz cup of creamer. I was wondering at the time why the lady in line behind me with coffee was looking at me strange.

Ok I might as well tell on myself since everyone else is sharing, several years ago 3 of my friends and myself were staying at POP. We were all tired and were eating a late dinner at the food court. Well I was getting ready to eat my dessert and I decided that I wanted some milk with my Tye-Died cheescake. So I took my cup and went and found some milk, after drinking the whole cup of milk, I made the comment to my friends that the "milk is really think down here". They started bursting out laughing at me, and I had no idea why, finally one of them said I had gotten coffee creamer not milk............I drank a 20oz cup of creamer. I was wondering at the time why the lady in line behind me with coffee was looking at me strange.

Actually before we started laughing at you I asked where you even got the milk because i thought they only sold the milk in bottles...

Jess: They have a dispenser up by the Fountain Drinks.
Me: That is Coffee Creamer...
*Laughter*
Jess: no it isnt...
Me: Yes it is
Jess: No its isnt...it says dairy...

She wouldnt believe me until I took her up there and showed her the picture of the coffee cup on the front of it. :rotfl2:

I noticed on our next trip when we stayed at pop again that they changed the front of the machine to now say CREAMER...This must have happened alot!

I was, unfortunately, the embarrassment. As a young child, under the age of 8, I have no clear recollection of this but my mother's shame and embarrassment over my behavior have endured in the intervening 20 years. Apparently, I was quite annoyed by my sister's behavior, stood up on my chair at the Coral Reef restaurant, and screamed "You F%&^*ing B^%$#h!" for the whole restaurant to hear, at which point everyone stopped talking, there was total silence, and my parents were eternally ashamed.
I honestly don't remember doing this, though I could see myself doing it, so obviously it didn't bother me too much. What can I say, I like to class it up.

September 2010

Me, DW, DD and DS were in the MAgic Kingdom. It was the end of September and Hotter than wool sock. We decided to get inside to enjoy some aircondidtioning at the giftshop at Mickey's Philharmagic. So My wife (5'9" Blond...Norwegian...Wearing Red Tank Top and Navy Shorts) unbeknowgst to be slips off to look at bottle openers. At this same moment, another blond lady wearing a red tank top moves into the general area my wife was. Yeah, Without thinking, I sidle up to my wife, squeeze her on the rump and try and kiss her on the back of the neck...I swear to God, this woman Jumped about 8 feet in the air and looked at me like I had lobsters coming outta my ears! She stood there looking at me (I was petrified at this point) and my 2 kids wondering what the hell just happened, My wife comes over to see what was going on...

Swear to heaven above, these two women looked amazing similar...Although the other gal was about an inch taller...and Finnish. I think I was about 10 shades of red and stood there trying to babble out that I thought that she was my wife...I think they finaly took pity on me and started laughing at the mistake...I was not amused (Ok I was...But don't tell anyone)

The only thing that got me off the hook was both women thought the other was sufficiently attractive as to not be insulted by the event...

My wife now calls me "The Great PhilharGroper" and I pay much more attention to who I'm about to pat on the butt!

:rotfl2::rotfl2::lmao:

I'll share my DW's most embarrassing moment...

We were at DTD eating at Cookes of Dublin (which by the way was very good). My DW had our DS, who was 9 months old at the time, strapped on her tummy in a Bjorn. While we were eating DS had a little toot and we thought it was funny and continued eating. We start walking out the door and my wife realizes that DS had a diaper explosion! Not only was there crap all over DS, but also over the carrier and DW. The only choice we had was to walk through DTD with people giving my wife funny looks to get back to our car, where we had lots of wipes, paper towels, and trash bags. While we were carefully cleaning up, someone decided to wait for our parking spot; after 10-15 minutes of waiting they finally realized we weren't leaving yet. My wife told me later that she was so glad that we'd never see any of those people ever again. This was also one situation where we were very glad we drove instead of taking the bus.

When I read this I remembered a time DH and I were waiting in line outside for "Universe of Energy". There was a couple in front of us with a fussy baby in their arms and a toddler. We walked inside, watched the pre-show and then somehow ended up in the same big riding vehicle this family was in. We were in the second row and they were in the first, right in front of us.

The baby kept on fussing for awhile and then went quiet and we all figured out why. PHEWWWWWW!:eek: The smell should have awakened all those dinosaurs!!! I have a pretty strong stomach and can handle just about anything but DH gags if someone on TV gags so he was miserable. I think practically everyone around us was gagging but trying to put up with it until the ride was over.

The rows were pretty crowded so there wasn't any place to move so I offered DH some peppermint gum but he was afraid to open his mouth IYKWIM! Then out of the relative quiet the toddler boy in the family, maybe two yells out: "Daddy, Bubby pooooed, smell it!" Our vehicle pretty much lost it at that point....everyone was either laughing, talking or giggling or all three for the next five minutes and I don't think the mom felt so badly after that either!

Mine came when I was very little, and I have only a vague memory of it, but I wasn't the one embarrassed, my mother was.

Picture it: Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I was about six. I begged and BEGGED my mom to let me drive the car. Just a few seconds into the ride, I completely freaked as we came up to one of those walls that's supposed to open as you approach it. I flat out stopped driving the car and tearfully refused to go any further. My mother pleaded with me, as cars backed up behind us, but it was to no avail. I wasn't putting the pedal to the metal. No sir, no way.

So, in the style of saintly mothers everywhere, my mother actually climbed over me in the seat, in some fit of acrobatics, while I scooted over, and we then had a perfectly lovely ride.

Of course, I think I was 12 before she ever let me drive anything again. :rotfl:

Unless I am greatly mistaken, I think you are confusing this with another ride. I don't believe you have any control of Mr. Toads vehicles. You might be confusing memories with the cars on Tomorrowland Speedway.

Unless I am greatly mistaken, I think you are confusing this with another ride. I don't believe you have any control of Mr. Toads vehicles. You might be confusing memories with the cars on Tomorrowland Speedway.

I was thinking the same thing, I know the DL Mr. Toad the "driver" has no control of the car. I thought maybe the WDW version was "special" (I haven't been to WDW yet). However, our cars that you do opporate are outside, no wall to "crash" through. Does the speedway have things to crash through?

It's possible I'm mis-remembering, there might not have been a pedal, but I might have *thought* I was actually driving, and just pitched a royal fit because I was terrified to "drive". I was only six, after all. :D

I would swear there was a section of Mr. Toad's Ride where there was not a wall, but maybe like a hutch or something, or a bookshelf :confused3 that was painted on two doors, and they swing open at the last minute and you go through.

EDIT: After looking at pics of the entry area, I think we actually didn't make it past the CM who stops the cars and then lets them go (?) before I cracked under the pressure and made my mom switch. That's why I think I have the memory of cars "piling" up behind us, as other people were waiting to board. I think the opening doors terror came later in the ride. I can only imagine what I thought of the 'Hell' portion, but I clearly have blocked out that trauma. LOL. Still... am sad that it's gone. :(

At dolly wood there is a ride like kali river rapids and you go under the water fall and at the last second it stops as you go under it.

It's possible I'm mis-remembering, there might not have been a pedal, but I might have *thought* I was actually driving, and just pitched a royal fit because I was terrified to "drive". I was only six, after all. :D

I would swear there was a section of Mr. Toad's Ride where there was not a wall, but maybe like a hutch or something, or a bookshelf :confused3 that was painted on two doors, and they swing open at the last minute and you go through.

EDIT: After looking at pics of the entry area, I think we actually didn't make it past the CM who stops the cars and then lets them go (?) before I cracked under the pressure and made my mom switch. That's why I think I have the memory of cars "piling" up behind us, as other people were waiting to board. I think the opening doors terror came later in the ride. I can only imagine what I thought of the 'Hell' portion, but I clearly have blocked out that trauma. LOL. Still... am sad that it's gone. :(

In 9th grade my Science class went to WDW for Easter break. Somehow I ended up riding Mr. Toad with my teacher. We were in the back seat and at one point he screamed like a little girl. I was laughing SO hard at him. He had been taking a group of students every year for a very long time so he knew what to expect on the ride. All these years later I still remember that. :rotfl:

ok so when i was 13 we decided to go on Kali and I was all excited. So we're moving along and my dad some how ended up on the other side of the raft. so we hit a spot and he gets wet. I begin laughing so hard at him and everyone on the raft (including people i don't know) were saying thats mean, don't laugh at him. Well cue big dropping waterfall. Who gets soaked? Me. I started sobbing I was so wet and everyone begins laughing at ME because of earlier. I ended up with the worst rash because I had denim shorts on, and had to buy a towel as we couldn't find replacement shorts. and i had to walk around like that the rest of the day.... I was miserable and karma is evil

Last year I stayed at the Yacht Club. I spent the afternoon at SAB and I guess I was a bit sun dazed. I went into what I thought was the ladies room. When I left the stall, I realized suddenly that there were urinals -- and someone was using one of them!

I must confess that I fled without even washing my hands and then hid in the ladies room for a while until I was sure he had left. For the remainder of the trip, I was sure everyone knew.

He sure had a good story to tell to his friends and family!

This wasn't at disney, but it did remind me of something that happened to me. I was at a charity benefit dinner with my wife and they had everyone packed into much too small of a room. I had to go to the bathroom, but given where we were the only way I could have gotten out was to literally walk across the stage where someone was speaking. Luckily it was near the end of the program, so I just held it until he finished and as soon as it was over I made a bee line for the bathroom. I sat down on the toilet and started to do my thing and all of a sudden I noticed a little container on the side of the stall.

I didn't think too much of it at first, then it kind of struck me... and I tried to think back to remember if I had seen any urinals on the way in... I didn't remember any. Finally I got the nerve to open the container and I found... um... feminine product wrappers. At this point, since the event just ended there were a lot of people coming into the bathroom, so I tucked my feet in as close to the toilet as possible to try to avoid letting anyone see my very male shoes under the stall and I just waited until I was pretty sure there was no one left in the bathroom and then just ran out of there. I still have no idea if anyone saw me walking out of the girls room, but I just kept walking out to the car and called my wife and told her to meet me there.

During our most recent trip, we did two character meals. We never did any when we were little (probably because my parents were terrified of my brother taking off his pants at the table)

I think that was a rational fear. I was with my family at the Akershus Princess lunch a couple of years ago. My nephew (who was three at the time) was sitting next to me. I was involved in a conversation with my family and all of a sudden I realized that my nephew kept saying something. I finally tuned in to him and realized that he kept saying "No pants... no pants... no pants" over and over again... I looked over and discovered that he was standing on his chair with his pants and underpants gone. Apparently he had spilled some water on himself and didn't like being in wet pants. I was quite glad that I was not the parent there;)

]We had spent the day at AK and her feet were sore and tired and as we were walking up to the bus she started complaining LOUDLY and walking funny saying "My crotch is hurting, my crotch is hurting me"

And one more since you guys keep reminding me;) My wife and I were at the MK for the July 4th fireworks and her cousin and her cousin's son, who was 6 at the time was there. The kid was sitting on my wife's shoulders for most of the show and given that it was July in Florida it was quite warm. Just as the show quiets down he yells out "Mom, my crotch is sweaty" Of course everyone around us just starts laughing and all we could do is laugh along with them.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter