• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Morgan and Jeff's Whimsical Wedding - Wedding photos blogged pg7

I forgot to mention this in a previous post....I saw your engagement photos last night, and I love them! I would have never thought to do that in DTD. Now I have more to add to my list of Anniversary/Second Honeymoon/Hopefully VR locations for photos!

Thank you! Funny story about that.. we picked DTD because we figured we'd have tons of Y&B/Boardwalk photos from the wedding.. :rolleyes1

OMG I LOVE:love: LOVE:love: LOVE:love: your custom ceebration buttons and REALLY REALLY want them :worship::worship:

If you make an etsy account PLEASE PM me because I would totally buy them!!!:banana::banana:

I love eerything so far and can't wait to see more and hear more about your wonderful wedding day!!

Thank you so much! Jeff does most of the leg work, so it will be his call but I'll let you all know as soon as we decide! :)

I am in awe of your talent, I second the request for you to open an Etsy's account!

Aww, thank you! Some of our guests didn't "get" everything so I am glad you all like them. :rotfl:

popcorn:: joining in popcorn::

Welcome! Thanks for joining!

Your welcome bags were just way too cute!!!!!! That was very generous of Jeff's parents! I love everything so far!

Jeff's parents are amazing! We are so blessed to have amazing families and I can't believe how lucky I am to marry into a family that I absolutely adore. You meet his parents and his family and you know why Jeff is such a great guy. :lovestruc

OP--Can you post the pictures in this thread or post a linky? This sounds amazing. DTD engagement shots? So stealing this idea.... :)

Coming right up!

Really looking forward to reading about your wedding!

Your welcome bags are fantastic, I'm sure it only gets better from here... popcorn::

Thank you! Hopefully the rest isn't a let down because the welcome bags were some of my favorite parts! :rotfl:

Where did you order your welcome bags? They are very cute.

The bags were printed with 4imprint.com. Jeff designed the artwork.

I'm sure if you either put those bags up on ebay or made the custom celebration buttons, you'd be one rich lady! I'm sure a lot of dis'ers (myself included) would buy them.

What beautiful teaser photo! I'm so jealous. I can't wait to see more.

Thank you so much! We're not looking to get rich, maybe some extra Disney spending money. ;)

YAY :-) Can't wait to read all about your wonderful weekend ... oh yeah, and that whole wedding thing too! ;)

Uh oh, I better keep up now. Don't want to be accused of lagging with my sneak peaks! :lmao:

Since they have been requested, here are some of my favorite from our engagement photoshoot:

4661754278_311ee4aae8.jpg

4661757754_4b42c26732.jpg

4661759068_03810a8781.jpg

4661139349_8de629ea15.jpg

4661141523_793b3d3721.jpg

4661143367_5d0cf6d560.jpg

4661766182_d1078e9382.jpg

4661768190_28478b74d1.jpg

4661769812_9d27bdee3f.jpg

4661772516_947730bde4.jpg

Foot pop!
4661154353_bdb3bbedf6.jpg

4661777592_1e62356dfd.jpg

4661158737_d36f10d635.jpg

Yay! I'm so excited to read about another Cleveland bride's wedding!!! If you do decide to open a store on etsy... I want to know! Your celebration buttons would fit our theme perfectly! :)

Love the engagement shots... especially the one at the lego store!

As we finished up the welcome bags the rooms at Kidani started becoming available so we hand delivered as many bags as we could for those staying there. Being ever so slightly OCD I placed each one perfectly staggered against the pillows on each bed. We still had a box of welcome bags going to Coronado, so we met up with the S’mores Packing Crew. The Crew consisted of Jeff’s aunt, uncle, cousins and their grandma’s who so amazingly offered to help assemble the little individual s’mores packs for our welcome gathering.

(Also, credit where credit is due – the same aunt and uncle were the mastermind crafters behind the Mickey bar name tags! Hi Aunt Linda!)

4615719977_93290e5713.jpg

The s’mores packs contained a two graham cracker halves, a mini Hershey bar (larger than fun size, but smaller than full size) and the biggest marshmallow I have ever seen. The thing was seriously about 2-2.5" long! Major kudos to my MIL for finding these gigantic fluffy sugar clouds of joy!

4616335692_75e3d2bc48.jpg

4616336746_8722ed1fc4.jpg

Since one box of welcome bags was theirs, we handed it over to them and they were gracious enough to take the other box of welcome bags to Coronado. I believe they were able to drop them off at concierge and let them know the reservation name the bags went to (Aunt Linda, you can jump in and comment if I am wrong J). Everyone received their bags without a hitch, and for that I was immensely grateful. With everything else going on I know I would have been a crazy person trying to locate missing welcome bags.

We finally had a little bit of downtime so we settled for a bit in Jeff’s parents 2-bedroom while I frantically checked flightarrivals.com for everyone’s incoming status. Now, I take full responsibility: I booked my family’s flight. How I thought they could arrive at MCO at 2:30, hop ME, arrive at Kidani, get settled and be ready to leave for the rehearsal by 4pm, I don’t know. I must have been harboring delusions of grandeur. It was nearing 3:00 and they were only just getting to the ME area at MCO. The realization of my poor planning was starting to hit and my anxiety levels began to rise. Unfortunately, I couldn't do anything to make them arrive any faster so the best thing for both Jeff and I to do was return to our room (with a quick hello to the bridal party that had arrived) and freshen up/change for the rehearsal.

We told everyone to meet in the lobby at 4pm; it was 4:10 and we were still our room in BFE. As we scrambled down the hallway and into the lobby we found the bridal party dutifully waiting when we arrived; everyone, including my parents, who had arrived on the 2:30 flight was only now just checking in. Panic was slowly starting to sink in. It was 4:15, we needed to take busses to the Board Walk and all I could think of was that line in the BEO about events starting more than 15 minutes late would be canceled.

We greeted our new arrivals in the lobby with hugs and smiles that said "I'm really trying hard not to have a panic right now, how are you?".

My poor family. Most of them hadn't been to Disney; none of them had ever stayed DVC. They were quite in awe of their massive 2-bedroom walking from room-to-room with a lot of "Oh my gosh, did you see this?" and my niece and nephew wanted to just stay and rifle through their welcome bags. I, meanwhile, found myself pacing up and down the hallway, in and out of their room, between their two bedroom and Jeff's parents two bedroom all with a lot of "We have to go! Please, really, we have. to. go."

Once we got everyone organized it was too late for busses so we loaded everyone into two taxi vans and sped off to the Board Walk. My poor family got stuck in the van with the cabbie who didn’t see the need for air conditioning. I’ve also never noticed how short Disney traffic lights are. One of those things you don’t notice when you are sitting on a bus!

4620045539_654cb123d1.jpg

It's a TRAP!

We arrived at the Board Walk and made a mad dash for Sea Breeze Point. The bridal party was already there (they had gotten there before us and didn't have to maneuver two wheelchairs and two EVC's) - as was Ken and this strange gentleman I’d not seen before. He was bald and slightly muscular and as I got closer I thought to myself “This is NOT Rev. Miller! Rev Miller has curly hair!” Well, Rev. Miller it was (man, I totally forgot to review him…. Editing the first post now) and the ladies they were a-swoonin’! Especially my grandmother – who I call Elizabeth Taylor for a reason – and it’s not because they are lookalikes :lol:

(And I totally just realized I forgot to review Rev. Miller....

Rev. Miller - A+ We aren't terribly religious people and originally we were going to go with a notary, but I knew that having our ceremony be officiated by a minister of some type was important to some members of our family (ahem, hi mom). We went with the contemporary ceremony from Rev. Miller and he had no problem at all with us altering his script and adding personal elements. He made us feel so at ease and balanced the perfect amount of humor and sincerity in the ceremony.

As I had mentioned in my review I had called Jen slightly pani.. um, concerned about the forecast for the wedding day. First thing, Ken pulled us aside to go over some alternate ideas for our ceremony décor in the ballroom should the weather, as he put it, “not cooperate”. We agreed to the ideas and it was time to start rehearsing the ceremony.

I had mentioned to my mom on the ride over that I was disappointed to not have a bow bouquet since I hadn’t had a shower. While we were talking to Ken, my mom and sister defaced Disney property and stole some flowers from the grounds and wrapped them with a tablecloth to make me a bouquet! Normally I would be appalled at defacing Disney property but I couldn’t help but laugh! It was very cute of them to make me a practice bouquet and it really just lightened the mood and lifted my spirits.

So.. we rehearsed!

32131_411940013544_664238544_4118670_6951617_n.jpg

And the guys... just kind of stood around talking
32131_411939983544_664238544_4118666_1259959_n.jpg

:lmao: Typical...

And another sneak peak just to tide you over...

4620742866_a00d95be8c.jpg

(Also, credit where credit is due – the same aunt and uncle were the mastermind crafters behind the Mickey bar name tags! Hi Aunt Linda!)

Hi! It's Jeff and now officially Morgan's Aunt Linda adding her two cents. We loved making the Mickey bar name tags and we're thrilled they came out to Morgan's liking !!!

Since one box of welcome bags was theirs, we handed it over to them and they were gracious enough to take the other box of welcome bags to Coronado. I believe they were able to drop them off at concierge and let them know the reservation name the bags went to (Aunt Linda, you can jump in and comment if I am wrong J). Everyone received their bags without a hitch, and for that I was immensely grateful. With everything else going on I know I would have been a crazy person trying to locate missing welcome bags.

You are right! It was a piece of cake taking the box of welcome bags to the concierge. I'll admit now I was a little nervous about that task! After arriving at Kidani Village to find that the rooms weren't ready and we were making s'mores bags in a little waiting room off the lobby...and stress and emotions in full force already....I was trying to remain calm when Morgan asked me to take the welcome bags back to Coronado. I walked into the lobby of Coronado like I knew what I was doing and went to the concierge and said "These bags need to get delivered to the 'Smith' room" (and I kept my fingers crossed!) The concierge searched the computer and said "here they are, I'll make sure they are delivered; have a magical day." Yippee!

I had mentioned to my mom on the ride over that I was disappointed to not have a bow bouquet since I hadn’t had a shower. While we were talking to Ken, my mom and sister defaced Disney property and stole some flowers from the grounds and wrapped them with a tablecloth to make me a bouquet! Normally I would be appalled at defacing Disney property but I couldn’t help but laugh! It was very cute of them to make me a practice bouquet and it really just lightened the mood and lifted my spirits.

Darn it! Another thing I forgot to bring! I saw on one of your blogs you mentioned that you wouldn't have a bow bouquet and I was going to make you one!

I love the smores assembly team! I'm interested to see how you ended up at the WP, seeing as your rehearsal was at SBP (I hope you didn't already mention this and I missed it!)

Great instalment! It is really nice to see that you had all of those people helping you out to get your welcome bags delivered. And it is great that Disney magic helped you get them delivered without a hitch!

I am sorry to hear about the anxiety you had over getting to your rehearsal. It is really hard to plan around flights, but I am glad that it worked out and you got to have your rehearsal!

Fabulous installment!!! I just love your writing style. You always crack me up! Your engagement pictures are so amazing!!!! I love the foot pop picture!

The SMores idea is just amazing and so creative!

I would be in the same boat, panicking about the 15 minute rule in the BEO! That is so cute your mom "retreived" some flowers for you!

Can't wait for more!popcorn::

Wow - Morgan!!! Everything looks amazing! Your custom items are to die for and I'll be eagerly awaiting your arrival on etsy!! ;)

Thanks for sharing - can't wait to hear more!!!!

Leah

Oh yeah! I remember seeing your e-pics on Carly's blog too! So so cute! :goodvibes

You poor thing, waiting for everyone to get there in time for your rehearsal! I can't even imagine. :sad2: So good job on managing to keep it together! That could not have been easy!

Excited to see what's up next!! popcorn::

Aunt Linda here...since Morgan's not posting I thought I would (We're all patiently waiting...)

I just wanted to say that Morgan was the most beautiful bride (and Jeff was handsome too)! If she was nervous or stressed, it didn't show. She may have felt stressed on the day everyone arrived but she seemed in control. From some of the stuff I saw going on around her, that's commendable!!

And for the record, the pictures of the printed material she and Jeff put together do not do it justice. I think some people thought it was "official" stuff. It was amazing. I can't wait to see what they come up with next because I don't think anything can top the wedding program and "fast pass" placecard details. I was excited when I was able to figure out the coding on the bottom of the fast pass....but I was ashamed of myself when I realized from this report that the "postcard" in our welcome back was real (oops, I thought it was just a little souvenior postcard--shame on me).

Great job Jeff and Morgan -- uh, I mean Morgan and Jeff! :love:

Everything looks so good! I can't wait to see more pictures.

Thank you! I can't wait to get our pro photos back!

I love the smores assembly team! I'm interested to see how you ended up at the WP, seeing as your rehearsal was at SBP (I hope you didn't already mention this and I missed it!)

They are great, aren't they? We were overwhelmed by how many family members were willing to help us out. And you'll find out about how we ended up at the WP!

Great instalment! It is really nice to see that you had all of those people helping you out to get your welcome bags delivered. And it is great that Disney magic helped you get them delivered without a hitch!

I am sorry to hear about the anxiety you had over getting to your rehearsal. It is really hard to plan around flights, but I am glad that it worked out and you got to have your rehearsal!

I think the best advice I saw from other brides on the DIS was to get a team of people to help you assemble and distribute. I'm not great at delegating but I am so glad I did!

Fabulous installment!!! I just love your writing style. You always crack me up! Your engagement pictures are so amazing!!!! I love the foot pop picture!

The SMores idea is just amazing and so creative!

I would be in the same boat, panicking about the 15 minute rule in the BEO! That is so cute your mom "retreived" some flowers for you!

Can't wait for more!popcorn::

Thank you!! Of course I can't take credit for the s'mores welcome party idea. Laura (who's s/n escapes me) did that a few years back and I always loved that idea!

Wow - Morgan!!! Everything looks amazing! Your custom items are to die for and I'll be eagerly awaiting your arrival on etsy!! ;)

Thanks for sharing - can't wait to hear more!!!!

Leah

Thank you!!

Oh yeah! I remember seeing your e-pics on Carly's blog too! So so cute! :goodvibes

You poor thing, waiting for everyone to get there in time for your rehearsal! I can't even imagine. :sad2: So good job on managing to keep it together! That could not have been easy!

Excited to see what's up next!! popcorn::

Thank you! Hopefully, someone will learn from my mistakes not to pack everything in one day!

Aunt Linda here...since Morgan's not posting I thought I would (We're all patiently waiting...)

:lmao: Hey I need time to be a newlywed, too!

Now where was I? Oh yes, we rehearsed, and then it was time for our welcome event: campfire and sch’moes (bonus points if you get this reference!) at Fort Wilderness.

The last (and only, come of think of it) time we had been to the campfire sing-a-long at Ft. Wilderness it was October. There was a decent amount of people, but not too crowded. There were plenty of seats and room to properly burn your marshmallow at the two campfires on either side. In never occurred to either of us that in May, when the weather is warmer, and on a Saturday night, the place would be packed. We walked up with our gaggle of guests in tow and I almost stopped short when I saw the gobs of people everywhere. And the festivities hadn’t even officially started yet!

We managed to wrangle ourselves one of the bleachers. I walked over to the chuck wagon and bought 30 sticks and a case of cold bottled water and began distributing sticks, water and s’mores packs to our guests. Our guests were a little overwhelmed at first, I think, but eventually they started getting up and going over to the campfire. It was fun watching everyone get gooey and messy eating their s’mores (did I mention my genius MIL bought wet-naps for each s’mores pack as well?).

I was completely dumb and never remembered to take a picture of the s’more packs. Honestly, I was still a little stressed at that point – and I also had random strangers coming up to me because someone was telling people that if you wanted sticks you the “CM in the blue dress was giving them out”. :lol:

Andy and Andrea make a mess
32131_411940068544_664238544_4118678_2520815_n.jpg

Everyone piled on the bleachers (and some people we don't know)
4635874821_6b98699411.jpg

4635869701_87a9cd1be6.jpg

Soon it was time to wrangle everyone up again to head off to the part of the evening I’d been waiting for all day: our rehearsal dinner at Hoop-Dee-Doo.

Now Morgan, you are saying to yourself, it’s Saturday and you are getting married on Monday. Why are you rehearsing and rehearsal dinnering two days early?

Simple, my friends. Simple. It’s called sangria. It’s called all-you-can-drink sangria. Hungover girls and boys do not make attractive bridal parties and it was with great forethought that we decided to have our rehearsal dinner two nights early.

Hoop-Dee-Doo is a tradition with us. Where there is a trip to WDW, there is a stop at Hoop-Dee-Doo. I have a not-so-secret ambition to play Claire de Lune. We’ve never stayed sober enough to decide if the show is actually that funny or if it’s the sangria that makes it funny. We miss the Dolly Drew we had for years and who seemingly retired two years ago. We still agree that the funniest Sixpence was the guy who played the part around Christmas of 2005. And it’s not unusual for me to randomly break out lines from the show…. “but alas, she was no swimmer…”

One of the things I was most excited about was the photo. Behold epic group photo! (I need go back and Photoshop the people who weren't smiling... ;))

4635906393_3f335f213c.jpg

They sort of clustered all of us together on the right, toward the back. Being the HDD junkies that we are, we are spoiled and usually right up against the stage. It didn’t matter, we still got some major HDD love!

Clearly unaware of this photo being taken...
4635932141_4d87d643d0.jpg

Our waitress, Heather, was amazing! She enjoyed our excitement and kept the sangria coming!

Best man Nick got cozied up to by Claire.

4636570912_6ab21a351d.jpg

And of course when they asked for anniversaries, honeymoons, etc… everyone in our group was eager to point out to Miss Flora that it was our rehearsal dinner. Flora made a big fuss over us and our upcoming vows and we danced with all of the other couples to Let Me Call You Sweetheart.

Flora wears a looooooooot of eyeliner
4636593312_c926a65af1.jpg

Clearly, mad framing skillz
4636599562_08631df2a4.jpg

"Leeeet me call you sweeeetheart..."
4635997061_c36956ea16.jpg

Aaaaand then we drank…

4636011631_a4bf3544b6.jpg

and I became a bank robber. Or something.
4636022393_34b05188b9.jpg

I taught her everything... so proud.
4636068991_163ac0f9b3.jpg

We were laughing, eating, and getting ready to enjoy our strawberry shortcake when I heard a chorus of “Oh my god, Morgan!” I turned to follow all of the pointing and there was Claire de Lune and my DAD walking toward the stage. To give you some background, my dad is really a big teddy bear, but he’s reserved, often grumpy and definitely not the type to volunteer for something like this.

I was shocked and over the moon. I had seen the show so many times I knew exactly what character he was going to come out as…. Davey’s Angel!!

4636111923_3bd6464546.jpg

Best Davey’s Angel, ever.

4636124863_93157337e8.jpg

4636147999_460fb8e91a.jpg

An epic ending to an epic day.

Final glass totals:
Tara, Kevin, Nick: Some embarrassingly low number
Andrea: 5
Jeff: 5
Theresa: 6
Morgan: 6
Andy: 7

Why yes, we are totally insane
4636187265_15378baa6b.jpg

4636191749_c10ddb81a8.jpg

Morgan and Jeff Got Married encourages responsible drinking. Please do not drink and drive or operate heavy machinery. Be aware that anything caught on video tape, including your crazy, wedding-inspired version of ‘Tik Tok’, may show up on the internet. Additionally, inebriation does not qualify you to play Disney Tour Guide for the entire bus on your return trip to AKV.

Looks like you had an AMAZING time!

One quick question... how did you go about delivering your welcome bags?

I love reading your trip report, your writing is so much fun to read. I can only imagine how much fun you guys had on your trip and at your wedding.

Looking for to reading more. :goodvibes

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter