More Carnival Problems

Most know I am not a Carnival fan!

However in this case its NOT Carnivals fault!. When a vessel is in the shipyard the safety of the vessel is the responsibility of the shipyard, not the owners or line.

AKK

I've never sailed on Carnival and now never will. I think it's time for this ship to be decommissioned. It seems destined to have/be trouble!

To each their own but this was not carnival's doing.

Whether this is Carnival's fault or not, they may need to rename and re-christen this ship once it is fixed and ready to sail again! Remember, they say bad thing happen in 3's.

I've never sailed on Carnival and now never will. I think it's time for this ship to be decommissioned. It seems destined to have/be trouble!

How is it Carnival's fault that the wind was blowing 70 mph in Mobile? Or the ship's fault?

It's the stupid media and the public that feeds off nonsense/sensational headlines. I'm far more disgusted/concerned about not one but TWO Celebrity ships failing CDC cleanliness inspections in less than a month.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5297

I don't see the lamestream media reporting that one! As sensational as the Triumph issue in February was, it impacted FAR fewer people than a couple of dirty/unsanitary ships would.

A ship coming loose from its mooring lines doesn't bother me....a sick employee continuing to work and a galley employee with no access to a restroom or toilet paper REALLY bothers me.:scared1:

I'm leaving on a 5-night cruise on Saturday with Carnival. It's been booked for months (prior to all the "incidents") and is non-refundable. Luckily my friend and I have a good sense of humor about it... For example I'm packing my solar phone charger and we have joked with our bosses about potentially not returning. I don't know enough facts about ANY of the Carnival incidents as of late to either condemn them or exonerate them, but I do not believe that this most recent event was in any way their fault. The media will take things like this and run with them.

I'm leaving on a 5-night cruise on Saturday with Carnival. It's been booked for months (prior to all the "incidents") and is non-refundable. Luckily my friend and I have a good sense of humor about it... For example I'm packing my solar phone charger and we have joked with our bosses about potentially not returning. I don't know enough facts about ANY of the Carnival incidents as of late to either condemn them or exonerate them, but I do not believe that this most recent event was in any way their fault. The media will take things like this and run with them.

I know your boss will miss you though. What a great way to end play days. Have a great time, if I don't see you before you leave

How is it Carnival's fault that the wind was blowing 70 mph in Mobile? Or the ship's fault?

It's the stupid media and the public that feeds off nonsense/sensational headlines. I'm far more disgusted/concerned about not one but TWO Celebrity ships failing CDC cleanliness inspections in less than a month.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=5297

I don't see the lamestream media reporting that one! As sensational as the Triumph issue in February was, it impacted FAR fewer people than a couple of dirty/unsanitary ships would.

A ship coming loose from its mooring lines doesn't bother me....a sick employee continuing to work and a galley employee with no access to a restroom or toilet paper REALLY bothers me.:scared1:

How do you stick up for Carnival at this point? Yes, this probably wasn't there fault but leaving the passengers on the ship during the last incident in there own filth with little food is outrageous. Not to mention having a captain who felt it was a good idea to take the boat close to shore so he could wave at people (and grounding the boat). From what I've seen Carnival is cheap and looks like a great party until you have to swim.......they have no business sailing anymore!

How do you stick up for Carnival at this point? Yes, this probably wasn't there fault but leaving the passengers on the ship during the last incident in there own filth with little food is outrageous. Not to mention having a captain who felt it was a good idea to take the boat close to shore so he could wave at people (and grounding the boat). From what I've seen Carnival is cheap and looks like a great party until you have to swim.......they have no business sailing anymore!

Please don't start with the "leaving the passengers on the ship" argument. That was proven to be a terrible idea and completely unsafe.

If you have never sailed with Carnival you don't really know what their cruises are like.

It is absolutely fair to be critical of Carnival for their recent problems with their vessels. It is also fair to report on their problems. It is also reasonable to defend them if you wish. What isn't appropriate, IMHO, is to try to shut down either side of the argument with unsupported generalizations. Having said that, my understanding from the Captain of the Wonder is that the Carnival ship that went dark and adrift had only one circuit board that caught fire. The emergency generators were wired to the lights, but not the toilets. The Disney ships have redundancy in the circuit boards and either of two can power the ship if the other is damaged. The toilets are wired to the emergency generators as well.

The cruise lines are responsible for the ships they operate, and if there is an aspect of their design or maintenance that makes them vulnerable to a failure of some sort, and that failure occurs, it is fair to be critical.

I agree they need to rename that ship. Even though it was not Carnival's fault, people see that ship in the news.....again...and when they go to book a cruise Triumph is one name they will recognize and not in a good way.

I read where the first lawsuit against Carnival has been filed recently. I can see the name "Triumph" will be in the news for some time.

I don't know what the 'process' is for renaming a ship but I would think a "major refurb" would be a good excuse to renamer her.

This was only mother nature's fault. The winds were gusting at hurricane force yesterday in Mobile. It was crazy! Let's just pray for the missing shipyard employee that was knocked off the dock. They have search and rescue out there but still have not found him. He was not wearing a life jacket (against regulations).

notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif
notworthy.gif

Yawn.gif
Yawn.gif
Yawn.gif
Yawn.gif

I can stick up for Carnival in this situation because they have no control over the wind.

Your comment about "own filth and little food" is inaccurate based on first hand accounts of people who were on the ship but were not looking for a news headline. Regardless, I have never defended Carnival for what happened on the Triumph since the investigation is not complete. I think it's ridiculous to demonize them because a ship broke away from a mooring line in 70 mph wind, which is what happened yesterday.

Carnival Cruise Lines did not have a captain that grounded a ship, Costa did...which is under the umbrella of Carnival Corporation. That's like blaming Tropicana for something Quaker did since they are both owned by PepsiCo.

It's no use discussing it with some people as they seem dead set on blaming Carnival for anything. My point was....a ship breaking away from a mooring line in 70 mph wind is not an issue that would typically get anyones feathers ruffled but TWO ships in the same line failing CDC cleanliness inspections in a month's time is absolutely something cruisers should be paying attention to. Unfortunately, too many people are only able to grasp the sensationalized stories fed to them by a media only capable of grabbing the low hanging fruit.

Most know I am not a Carnival fan!

However in this case its NOT Carnivals fault!. When a vessel is in the shipyard the safety of the vessel is the responsibility of the shipyard, not the owners or line.

AKK

EXACTLY! I think the headlines and the thread title should read more along the lines of SHIPYARD MESS UP.

I can stick up for Carnival in this situation because they have no control over the wind.

Your comment about "own filth and little food" is inaccurate based on first hand accounts of people who were on the ship but were not looking for a news headline. Regardless, I have never defended Carnival for what happened on the Triumph since the investigation is not complete. I think it's ridiculous to demonize them because a ship broke away from a mooring line in 70 mph wind, which is what happened yesterday.

Carnival Cruise Lines did not have a captain that grounded a ship, Costa did...which is under the umbrella of Carnival Corporation. That's like blaming Tropicana for something Quaker did since they are both owned by PepsiCo.

It's no use discussing it with some people as they seem dead set on blaming Carnival for anything. My point was....a ship breaking away from a mooring line in 70 mph wind is not an issue that would typically get anyones feathers ruffled but TWO ships in the same line failing CDC cleanliness inspections in a month's time is absolutely something cruisers should be paying attention to. Unfortunately, too many people are only able to grasp the sensationalized stories fed to them by a media only capable of grabbing the low hanging fruit.

Can't blame it all on the media. According to the words of one lawsuit recently filed against Carnival: "Plaintiff was forced to endure unbearable and horrendous odors on the filthy and disabled vessel, and wade through human feces in order to reach food lines where the wait was counted in hours, only to receive rations of spoiled food,".

So maybe we 'blame' lawyers or greedy passengers....but you can't blame the media for reporting the lawsuits. No one watching the news when a building didn't burn down or there was no horrific traffic accident......

Breakage of mooring lines happens when there is strong winds, these ships are basically giant sails. While this was NOT Carnival Cruise Lines, or Carnival Corps. fault, I can see how seeing so many incidents with the Triumph would allow people to think that she is cursed.

I do repeat, this is NOT Carnivals fault, but they may want to consider re-naming and/or re-christening. pirate:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter