Moonlight Magic 2020

Never had our dates match but Animal Kingdom next year will work. How difficult is the registration process?
Tony

prepare for the worse, but hope for the best. the website can be so unstable so no one knows until the day arrives. Very stressful indeed.

Those dates are interesting to see which weeks WDW predicts to be slower.
I hope because it all seems to me to be a big lottery with pretty slim odds of winning the jackpot. (About 500 winners per party, right?) So hopefully the consolation prize is that you can visit the parks that day and the day after and experience low crowds.

Hi everyone, hope you can help!

I'll be in Orlando for both DAK and MK dates but I'm staying offsite - does anyone know if the general registration (ie. registration for those not staying in a resort over those dates) has a set amount of space available regardless of how many tickets go to those with resort reservations, or is it more of a 'whatever is left over after those with resort reservations'?

Earlier this year we booked one night at All Stars to make sure we were onsite for the earlier booking but we can't afford to this year, especially not for 2 nights.

We've only down a MM once, and I can't remember the process! Do we get an email notification when the window opens or is there a link somewhere on the DVC member site?

We've only down a MM once, and I can't remember the process! Do we get an email notification when the window opens or is there a link somewhere on the DVC member site?
They typically send emails but there will be a link on the dvc site as well.

Wow for the first time I have the opportunity to participate in one of the these events but guess what? I'm not a night person, I tend to shut down when it's dark out. We will be in WDW for the AK event on 1/21, not sure I will do it. I have to review with DH and if he thinks it's worth while (he probable won't) I will see if my DD and family want to go...so many choices, what to do.... :sad2:

Wow for the first time I have the opportunity to participate in one of the these events but guess what? I'm not a night person, I tend to shut down when it's dark out. We will be in WDW for the AK event on 1/21, not sure I will do it. I have to review with DH and if he thinks it's worth while (he probable won't) I will see if my DD and family want to go...so many choices, what to do.... :sad2:
Hello, Ms. Minnie, if you don’t use your tickets I would love to have them. We’re traveling with my brother and his family but because they aren’t DVC members and they’re not on our reservation, I wasn’t able to get any tickets for them. So if you don’t end up using them and if you don’t mind giving them away, I’d love to take them off your hands.

Hello, Ms. Minnie, if you don’t use your tickets I would love to have them. We’re traveling with my brother and his family but because they aren’t DVC members and they’re not on our reservation, I wasn’t able to get any tickets for them. So if you don’t end up using them and if you don’t mind giving them away, I’d love to take them off your hands.

Hi sorry I didn't get any tickets so I can't pass them on to you. Sorry. :(

well I guess I was wrong. My dates hit all 4 parks. I did have to arrive 1 day early to get the studios in September. I’m actually there for one date, but on a cruise. So will arrive early 1 day, which was a bear to book at the 11 month window yesterday. Sept. 15th. Now the hard part of registering. I don’t visit any holidays nor summer. I’ve done typhoon twice in the past, so I’m ok not going there.
guess your luck finally changed pixiedust:
My son & his GF will be there for MK MM on 4/28 (their first one :yay:), then my DD & I will be there for Epcot on 5/4, and DH & I will be there for DHS on 10/6 (thankfully, we get 1 bdrms, so I was easily able to book October). Now it's just a matter of getting tix...….
I know some don't feel the same, but we really LOVE MM - we don't do characters, barely go on rides, but just love soaking up the atmosphere, listening to the music, eating without manic crowds, & watching the fireworks (Epcot was amazing last year!)

guess your luck finally changed pixiedust:
My son & his GF will be there for MK MM on 4/28 (their first one :yay:), then my DD & I will be there for Epcot on 5/4, and DH & I will be there for DHS on 10/6 (thankfully, we get 1 bdrms, so I was easily able to book October). Now it's just a matter of getting tix...….
I know some don't feel the same, but we really LOVE MM - we don't do characters, barely go on rides, but just love soaking up the atmosphere, listening to the music, eating without manic crowds, & watching the fireworks (Epcot was amazing last year!)

sounds great. I’ve never done Epcot or AK so that will be new to me. I have a friend who registered the January event for me because I was on a cruise! She’s a dvc member so understood how to do it. We leave this Sunday and have to register for April while we’re in WDW. 🤞

I have been luck enough to attend one of the past MM at Epcot. That said, I feel that the event is not equally given to all members. Not enough dates such that all can attend. Actually only a small percent can attend. These events are also not kid friendly as they are too late at night. I would rather see something that all members have the opportunity to enjoy. Maybe ride anything FASTpasses with no exclusions. Maybe DVC only Extra hour of park rides once a week, they would not have to add the other freebee's.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter