Mommy & Me - A Girl's Only Trip - October 2016

If my math is correct, you guys will be there a couple of weeks before us. We're kind of in the same boat, planning-wise. I'm hoping to get our package booked this week.

Yeah, sadly not much planning can be done until the MNSSHP dates for next year are released. From there, we can pick our park days and then planning out where to eat.

My husband got us the digital copy of Inside Out - after my daughter gets home from school, we are going to have a movie night (movie afternoon?). We missed it in the theater and we are both looking forward to finally watching it.

Following along! I love your tightrope girl outfit! Our trip this sept just missed MNSSHP and I was bummer. Hoping they start a little earlier next year so we make it, we are going the week after labor day.

I also have a mother daughter trip being planned, for a long weekend in Jan!

My husband got us the digital copy of Inside Out - after my daughter gets home from school, we are going to have a movie night (movie afternoon?). We missed it in the theater and we are both looking forward to finally watching it.

You will love it. I was really impressed (kids mental health is my career). Enjoy!

Following along! I love your tightrope girl outfit! Our trip this sept just missed MNSSHP and I was bummer. Hoping they start a little earlier next year so we make it, we are going the week after labor day.

I also have a mother daughter trip being planned, for a long weekend in Jan!

Thanks :) MNSSHP is my all time favorite thing to do and I'm so looking forward going again!

My daughter turned seven years old on Saturday!

My MIL arrived Saturday afternoon, and we headed out to the mall. My daughter loves Build-A-Bears and she had gotten the Elsa bear over Labor Day weekend. So when she was given the chance to get a new bear, she had to get Anna.

birthday1_zpsnkcxryak.jpg

We took her to get ice cream at our favorite local ice shop and then we let her pick where she wanted to go for supper - she picked Chinese.

On Sunday, we did the last of the birthday activities. After church, we went to a local apple orchard. We picked a ton of apples (so I'm currently looking up apple recipes), took a tractor ride and she got to feed some goats. After we were done with the orchard, we took her to a play center that she wanted to go to. She had fun running around and playing and even made a friend. She said it was her best birthday ever.

birthday2_zpsfyabhgsw.jpg

Next year, we are celebrating her birthday at Disney World :D

We carved pumpkins on Sunday - usually our pumpkins are Disney themed. This year we went with Nightmare Before Christmas!

11986487_10208076860027627_7305201668330091957_n_zpsuztssj8e.jpg

Halloween has come and gone! My husband works 2nd shift so he doesn't always get to go trick or treating with us. But he was home from work since Halloween fell on a Saturday this year.

My daughter dressed as Anna and we went to the local mall to go trick or treating. Our neighborhood is always dead and the mall is warm and dry. She got a boatload of candy too!

trickortreat_zpsoiltcxci.jpg

Now that October is over, things are starting to feel a lot like Christmas everywhere. My house stays decorated for Halloween until Thanksgiving - then we'll decorate for Christmas.

I'm not totally looking forward to this next holiday - I woke up the day before Thanksgiving last year in the ICU. I had lost 5 days and had had a bunch of seizures. I'll honestly be glad when November is over and December is here. I'll also be happy once it's 2016 and it's the year of Disney (again)!

Great looking pumpkins! Happy belated to your daughter!

Hopefully this Thanksgiving will be MUCH more pleasant than last year.

I hate to wish my life away, but I also can't wait until 2016 ... The year of Disney! :D

Great looking pumpkins! Happy belated to your daughter!

Hopefully this Thanksgiving will be MUCH more pleasant than last year.

I hate to wish my life away, but I also can't wait until 2016 ... The year of Disney! :D

Thanks! I'm hoping for a better Thanksgiving too :flower:

I'm wishing 2015 away - it's mostly not been great as I try to recover. I'm much better now but I still have some ways to go before I'm in Disney shape - walking tires me out more than it used to.

But Disney years are always great years :D

The last time we were planning on October Disney Trip, I got a bunch of Princess dresses really cheap during the after Halloween sales this year. I didn't get a chance to get to the store until late last week, so I didn't expect to find anything in my daughter's size. I was wrong!

The last girl's costume at Walmart happened to be a Jasmine costume that was in a size 10! It's a little big on DD right now, but it will fit great next year! I got it for 75% off which is great too!

emjas_zpsylzfg58t.jpg

Last edited:
What a cute costume! I too waited too long for Halloween stuff. By the time I go to Target, there was only a partial aisle of stuff left :(

I was actually only at Walmart to get something else, but as I was walking past the holiday stuff, I saw a wall of Halloween stuff 75% off!

Happy 2016!

I'm very happy that it is now Disney Year for us!

Yesterday, my daughter and I had Disney movie night. She's seen most of the Disney movies but not all. Our movie for last night was The Jungle Book which she had never seen before. She liked it quite a bit.

I'm hoping that we'll be able to do this most Friday nights!

movie%20night_zps4a39avxo.jpg

Yay for 2016!!! Movie nights at home are my favorites! To be honest, I don't know if I've seen The Jungle Book all the way through. :confused3 If I have, it's been a long time ago. With the live action version coming out soon, I probably should watch the Disney version again.

Yay for 2016!!! Movie nights at home are my favorites! To be honest, I don't know if I've seen The Jungle Book all the way through. :confused3 If I have, it's been a long time ago. With the live action version coming out soon, I probably should watch the Disney version again.

It's been many, many years since I watched The Jungle Book. I didn't remember a lot of it.

I think Little Mermaid is up for tomorrow :)

Joining in! We are going around the same time and I've got 3 girls that age (they'll be 6, 7 and 8 on our trip)

We haven't done much in the way of planning lately. We got buried under a bunch of snow and now we are all suffering from colds.

But starting to think of a plan - can't do much until the park hours are out though!

We still haven't watched the Little Mermaid :scared: My daughter keeps wanting to watch something else :sad::joker:

Today, I'm watching something Disney even if she opts out. I've been really sick the last few days and I'm finally better but I need some Disney and some chinese food! :goodvibes

My TA says that the park hours should be out for October at the end of next month. Then finally, finally I can figure out MNSSHP dates and start planning in earnest!!!!

We finally watched the Little Mermaid! The weather has been bad here in NC so we've been stuck inside and dreaming of Disney.

I can't wait until Spring is here - partly because that means we'll be that much closer to Fall and October!

My TA says that the park hours should be out for October at the end of next month. Then finally, finally I can figure out MNSSHP dates and start planning in earnest!!!!

That's great news! I'm going around the same time on a Mother/Son trip. Tomorrow I can start looking at flights on Southwest! I see from the original post you're driving so good luck to you!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter