Mommy & Me - A Girl's Only Trip - October 2016

Eoywin

Chaos Mandy
Welcome to my pre-trip report! I'm a huge Disney fan and while my husband tolerates Disney, he's not as thrilled about taking trips as I am. We have one child who loves Disney as much as her mommy. We went as a family back in 2013 for DD's 5th birthday - it was her first trip and she loved it.

We are going back next year, just DD and me! Both of us are very excited! Ironically, we are going a few days after DH & I's 10th wedding anniversary. But he's happy to stay at home and skip Disney this time.

Cast of Characters!

Me - I'm a wife, mom and I work in tech support. I work from home which is great. I also suffer from chronic pain, and one of the reasons I want to do this trip is because I don't know what my health will be like in the future. Plus I love Disney and I've never had high pain levels there.

DD - My only child is currently 6 years old. She'll be seven in October and a few weeks after our trip she'll turn 8. She'll be going into 1st grade in a few weeks. She loves Disney and is looking forward to a lot of character meetings.

DH - While my husband isn't going with us, I'm sure he'll be mentioned throughout the planning process.

At this point, we haven't done much planning. We are all booked - will be arriving at Disney on October 2. Though we'll be leaving home the day before - since I haven't driven to Disney and because of my chronic pain, we are taking two days to drive down from NC.

We are staying at AoA in a Little Mermaid room. We stayed in a Finding Nemo suite last trip and loved the resort. Since it's just the two of us, we definitely don't need a suite.

I'll be posting here as we plan and do Disney family nights. The first one will be coming up in a couple of weeks. Our local park is doing a movie night and they are showing Frozen!

Here's some pictures from our previous Disney trip!

safarimm_zpsuwvgp3rs.jpg

familypicdisney_zpsba41ffa1.jpg

Last edited:
This sounds like a wonderful idea! My family is going for the first time in Feb 16, but I already have tentative plans to do mommy & me trips when the kids are older.

Whenever I make banana bread, we always have a surplus of buttermilk. So we nearly always make buttermilk pancakes too!

Of course our pancakes are Disney-fied :) Here's my DD helping make pancakes yesterday

mickey%20pancakes_zpsbj4x3xny.jpg

Awesome!! I love Disney in the Fall.

I love Christmas with the castle all done up in the magical icicle lights. But DF wants to meet jack skellington. His first trip so he gets what he wants.... I'm not upset about being back for food and wine though haha!

I love Christmas with the castle all done up in the magical icicle lights. But DF wants to meet jack skellington. His first trip so he gets what he wants.... I'm not upset about being back for food and wine though haha!

One of these years I'd like to go back in December - for now October is my favorite!

My church did Vacation Bible School a little different this year. For four weeks, the kids explored Earth, Wind, Fire and Water on Wednesday evenings. Yesterday was Water which was just a pool party.

Our church is nearby a Lutheran camp which we are associated with. They just put in a new pool a few months ago, and that's where the pool party was. The pool was very cool. There was a slide, a mushroom with a cascade of water, water spouts as the zero entry part of the pool. They put music on and it was all Disney - made me feel like we were at a resort pool!

lutheridge_zps67ajt91d.jpg

Even though it's over a year away, my MNSSHP costume is done. I did most of it last year, but I needed to redo the arm things. We go to a big sci-fi / fantasy convention every year in Atlanta called Dragon Con, and I'll be wearing this to march in the Disney section of the parade.

tightrope%20finished_zps5te50axq.jpg

Love the costume! We did "Disney inspired" outfits in 2013 since it was adults only. They were a hit and quite comfortable too..well my friend ann may argue the red Ariel wig she decided to wear wasn't haha!

Love the costume! We did "Disney inspired" outfits in 2013 since it was adults only. They were a hit and quite comfortable too..well my friend ann may argue the red Ariel wig she decided to wear wasn't haha!

My DD says she wants to be my crocodile - but I'm not sure if she'd want to for MNSSHP :)

Not much Disney planning has been going on here. DD did start 1st grade this past Monday!

We are currently in Dragon Con mode. Dragon Con is a huge sci-fi / fantasy convention that starts on Friday in downtown Atlanta. I'll be walking in the parade in the Disney section as the Tightrope Girl.

Once Dragon Con is done, my main goal is making payments on our Disney trip. Not much else to do until next year!

I had a very Disney Dragon Con this year! I wore my Tightrope Girl costume on Friday and Saturday.

On Friday, there was a huge Disney photoshoot for people dressed as Disney characters.

dragoncon1_zpsab7ecily.jpg

On Saturday, I marched in the Disney section of the parade

dragoncon2_zpsgk70k4yq.jpg

I'm not sure if I'll wear my Tightrope Girl two days next Dragon Con. The corset got a bit uncomfortable after a while. I'd like to get a Queen of Hearts costume for next year's Dragon Con.

Love your costume! Very unique/creative.

I'm also doing a Mommy and Me trip next year. However, I'm the daughter doing the planning (I'll be 40 and my Mom will be 65 by then), and ours is the end of November/beginning of December.

Love your costume! Very unique/creative.

I'm also doing a Mommy and Me trip next year. However, I'm the daughter doing the planning (I'll be 40 and my Mom will be 65 by then), and ours is the end of November/beginning of December.

Awesome!

Friday was one year until we are at Disney World!

DD and I celebrated by making Mickey pancakes and watching Disney World videos on YouTube. DD loves the Hocus Pocus show from MNSSHP and we've watched the YouTube video of it a half a dozen times.

Beyond dreaming and making payments, still not doing much planning yet. Once we get through the holidays, it will be time to focus on Disney!

I am hoping to create DD a new countdown chain. Last time we used one that we found here on the Dis, but some of the characters DD had no idea who they were. So I'm hoping to create one for her that has her favorite characters.

My little princess turns 7 this coming Saturday! For the first time, we decided to not to have a party. DD is in a new school this year and we don't want to risk no-one coming. Plus the expense and pain of parties is not something I like.

So this past Sunday, we went to the Carolina Renaissance Festival which was a lot of fun. DD got to meet some fairies! Sadly not Tinkerbelle or any of her friends.

We did see a woman who was dressed up as Snow White. She was actually taking pictures with some kids at one point in the day.

faery_zpsbgyjjtpa.jpg

If my math is correct, you guys will be there a couple of weeks before us. We're kind of in the same boat, planning-wise. I'm hoping to get our package booked this week.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter