Momma, I got to dance with Flynn Ryder! A January 2011 TR.

Caretames1

Mom of Girls
"I may start the TR now, as I have done the first item on the agenda, I've checked-in the airport online, and that went well and the flight is showing on time."

That was the last sentence of my Pre-Trip report. I may have spoken too soon. :sad2:

Welcome to my Trip Report. Other than a few bumps along the way, it was an amazing, wonderful trip, full of many special memories.

Let me introduce myself and the family. My name is Carey; I’m 37, a Production Manager for a large central Wisconsin school district, :surfweb:and Mom to 2 awesome girls.

My DH, John, 37, is a mild mannered factory worker by day, DJ by weekend night, “playing yesterday’s favorites, and today’s hits” at weddings, parties and such.:music:

My oldest DD is Samantha, 17. High school senior honors student, restaurant worker/cook, and mostly good kid when she’s not being stubborn or giving me the, “Mom you are so not cool” look.:drive:

My youngest DD is Kadence, 7. She’s the princess, 1st grader, and all around good kid when she’s not being feisty or goofy or a weirdo.princess:

I’m a big (insert, crazed) planner, so this 10 day trip was a blast for me just to plan. I made up my own calendar, and planned our days around touringplans.com crowd calendar. I have a big Disney binder that my family pokes fun at, but where would they be with out me? :confused3

On to the trip, our trip was from January 21st to January 30th 2011. We stayed at Port Orleans, Riverside. The same place we stayed at on our first trip. We just loved being there. The boat rides to Downtown Disney are sooo relaxing. We were able to take advantage of the Free-Dining promotion, so that was nice. I found it easy to use, and all the cast members were very helpful when we had questions. We ate so much, I gained weight, but I’m not telling how much.:eek:

Our Departure day, January 21st, I hade set my alarm for 3:30am, but I guess I was too excited, because I was up at 2am. So I did what any Dis’er does, hop online do the airline check-in and, check out the DISboards! I then decided to get my butt in gear and get ready. We left home at 4:30am to drive to the airport. It is a 2 ½ hour drive. About 30 minutes into the drive Kadence asked,” are we there yet?” :lmao: We all cracked up. We got to the car park place (cheaper than parking at the airport, and they have 24 hour security, start your car when it gets cold, and drop you at your gate and pick you up when you get back and drop you next to your nice warn running car)

Our flight was scheduled to leave at 8:50am. We boarded the plane and while waiting to take-off, I heard the engines rev a couple times. The captain then announced that there was an issue and that the mechanics were going to look into it and update us as to what was going to happen. The captain came back on to announce we were going to get off the plane and see if it could be fixed. I prayed it couldn’t, just because I didn’t want to think that it had to be fixed.:rolleyes1
Well, 4 hours later it was told to us that the plane had major mechanical problems,:scared1: and that they were trying to see what other aircraft they could get us on. They gave us vouchers for food (after we had already gotten food!) and a $25 per person voucher for future air travel or we could have used it for baggage fees.
2 more hours later, we were told a plane coming from Vegas would be re-routed to take us to Orlando. At 1:30pm we boarded the plane, and finally got on our way! We use Tiffany Towne Car service to pick us up from the airport, and during the delay I had called them to let them know that we would be late, and then again to let them know when we be there. They were there waiting, with our name on the sign (which always makes me feel important!) We stopped at a grocery store and we finally checked into POR at 6:00pm.
I had a room request in our reservations, but it wasn’t honored. The room we offered (most likely cuz we got there so late in the day), was far away from the main part of the resort, so we asked if there wasn’t anything closer. And, YES, I used my poor us story of the flight delay, and how happy we were to finally be there. After about 10 minutes and the person taking to her manager, we got building 14! :woohoo: You can throw a rock and hit main lobby! That made us very happy. We had planned using the Riverside Grill for some meals, and being closer made that easier.

Well, it’s time for me get some much needed sleep. I should have taken a day off to recoup. Once I get my pictures uploaded, I'll add them to make this a bit more interesting!

Carey

Joining in (and also hoping you got to see the Packer game while you were there! :thumbsup2). :)

Joining in. The plane issues would have made ms so nervous.

Woohoo for getting your room request even if you had to use the plane delay:banana:

I'm here! :cool1:
I knew you were delayed, but didn't realize how long. I would've been going stir crazy...and basically having a panic attack. :laughing:

first to post first to post, na na na na na naaaa!!!!
:lmao: and here I thought I was first ;)

Joining in (and also hoping you got to see the Packer game while you were there! :thumbsup2). :)
well, ......I'll tell you later:cool2:

Joining in. The plane issues would have made ms so nervous.

Woohoo for getting your room request even if you had to use the plane delay:banana:
:wave2: Welcome, I didn't like the idea that the plane had an issue. I figured if they had a different one that worked, I'd feel a whole lot better. I also thought our plight :rolleyes1 may score us a better location on the room;)

I'm here! :cool1:
I knew you were delayed, but didn't realize how long. I would've been going stir crazy...and basically having a panic attack. :laughing:
We did ok, Kadence wasn't a happy camper :headache: She was having some cranky moments.

I’ve uploaded a few photos so I’ll backtrack just a bit. Here is Kadence at 4am. She was sooo happy that the countdown was done.

Here is our first plane, before any issues arose, notice Kadence is still smiling. I do not have any delay pictures, she wasn’t in the best mood to take any, and I thought it best to not get her cranked up.

Here are the girls up in the air; I think the pressure in the cabin made Sammy a little loopy.

Kadence didn’t last long

Soon, we were arriving to Disney :banana:

After we got all settled in, we headed for DTD. We had an ADR for the House of Blues @ 4:30, but missed it (while we were in the air). We thought we’d give it a try anyway, and luckily enough we got right in!
I had the Shrimp Po’Boy, it was good. I wish the bun would have been a little softer.

John & Samantha had the BBQ Smokehouse burger. They both said it was very good

Kadence had the Mac & Cheese. I had a bite, and it was really tasty.

We all had the Raspberry lemonade, YUM! Oh and the fries were awesome.

After we ate, we went shopping.

Kadence was set on getting her Perry the Platypus. She ended up getting the whole gang.

continued...

Yay - you started! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

That sucks about the flight. I'm with you, I always hope that the flight gets canceled when they say that there are mechanical issues - because I don't want something to happen while in the air!

Yay for the little bit of pixie dust with a room close to the main building!

I love the Phineas and Ferb characters. How cute. I bet she was in heaven.

We decided to go back to POR, but stopped to get a couple shots along the way.

Up next........Our first park day, Animal Kingdom

I just came across your TR and am looking forward to reading more :thumbsup2

Am glad you finally got to Orlando (after all the plane issues) and managed to get a room so close to the lobby!

Yay - you started! I can't wait to hear all about your trip.

That sucks about the flight. I'm with you, I always hope that the flight gets canceled when they say that there are mechanical issues - because I don't want something to happen while in the air!

Yay for the little bit of pixie dust with a room close to the main building!

Hi, I had said, I'm just glad they found it on the ground, instead of 30,000 feet in the air:eek:

I love the Phineas and Ferb characters. How cute. I bet she was in heaven.
Oh she was thrilled! I'll give you a little hint of whats to come (she spent $100 in 2 days!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter