Mom & Son Heading to Food & Wine! Nov 9th - 13th! 12/2-Y&Y, MVMCP & Complete!

So that is it for our mini-trip. Now we wait til March 22nd! And I am thinking our August trip will be the 9th thru the 18th! Nothing officially set up for then though.

I can't decide in March if I want to try all new restaurants or hit old favorites. I originally made ADRs for all new restaurants and have since changed them to old favorites! So how many more times will I change them until we actually get there! :rolleyes1 :rotfl:

Congrats on completing another great dining report, Vicki! My fingers are crossed that I will have the honor of meeting you in person on your next trip to the World. ;)

Congrats on completing another great dining report, Vicki! My fingers are crossed that I will have the honor of meeting you in person on your next trip to the World. ;)

YES! I really hope it works out and that we can meet up!

Ahhh you two had matching Tshirts!!! I would say that's adorable but I don't think Andrew would appreciate the comment phrased in that manner! ;) Cool shirts though!

Yay! You know the important things at Y&Y - fried cream cheese won tons and lettuce cups. That's my choices as well but now that we have had the pot stickers at 'Ohana now I'm craving those elsewhere. mmmmm.....

I will look forward to your March trip and personally, I hope you have a mix of old favorites and some new choices. :laughing: We'll definitely try to find some new places to eat for our next trip.

Thanks for sharing your short trip! It's great to know that you two more in the queue! :banana:

I enjoyed reading your report...thanks for posting (and for all the pics!)
One question: where did you get the Philly cheesesteak hotdog? I think my DH would enjoy that!
Oh, and those prices for the treats in the case at 3.99 and 4.99...ouch!

I enjoyed reading your report...thanks for posting (and for all the pics!)
One question: where did you get the Philly cheesesteak hotdog? I think my DH would enjoy that!
Oh, and those prices for the treats in the case at 3.99 and 4.99...ouch!

We got the hot dog at the Launching Pad in Tomorrowland. It is definitely a guilty pleasure!

I just loveeeeeed...your food photos and your reviews...

Thank you so much for taking the time to post these and glad that you are feeling better..

I was so excited that we were able to eat at Be Our Guest. Our reservation was at 8:15. Wishes started at 8 so while waiting we got to see the show behind the Castle. It was absolutely amazing. I was so enthralled that I never too a pic. The fireworks right behind the Castle were super close and the ones far off hit over Beast's castle. Truly magical and possibly my new favorite place to see Wishes. Our pager went off about 5 minutes before the finale and I had to wait. They came out looking for us and the woman who sat us ending up watching with us. She agreed that she couldn't let us miss it.

On to the food ... first up the rolls and butter.

DisneyNovember2012143.jpg

These were fine, nothing special but not bad

We both ordered soup ...

French Onion ...

DisneyNovember2012144.jpg

This looks great but really wasn't. The cheese was perfect but the soup itself was a bit bland and too sweet. Not a nice rich broth and a bit too much sherry.

Potato Leek

DisneyNovember2012145.jpg

I thought this was Ok. DS hated it. It wasn't very hot and it wasn't pureed smooth. The pieces of potato were small, almost like granuals so texturally it was a bit weird. If we go again for lunch, I would try this again.

I wasn't super hungry so I got the appetizer charcuterie

DisneyNovember2012146.jpg

This was fine. Salami, proscuitto, pate. It was a decent plate.

One to Andrew's meal. Anyone that has read any of my previous reviews knows that he is an adventurous eater. He has never been a chicken nugget kid and enjoys trying new things. He debating between the steak and the pork chop and ended up choosing the pork as it was a bit different.

DisneyNovember2012147.jpg

This was absolutely awful. Single worst meal we have eaten at Disney, or maybe anywhere. The mac & cheese had no taste, not cheese, not salt, nothing. Just a mushy texture. The green beans tasted as if they had been sitting in water, again very underseasoned. Apparantly all of the salt was in the pork. It was dry and super salty. The thyme jus was almost clear, like water with thyme in it. He was going to try to eat it but I stopped him and told the waittress. At first I got the feeling that she thought he wasa fussy teenager but I stressed that he is a great eater and that I tried everything as well. He didn't want anything else as he was afraid it would be equally bad. She ended up taking it off the bill.

We did try two of the cupcakes for dessert ... strawberry cheesecake and chocolate ...

DisneyNovember2012148.jpg

I didn't think the strawberry was all that great but did really enjoy the chocolate. Andrew only had a few bites as he just wanted to leave.

All in all a disaster. Cancelled our March ADR as soon as I got back to the room. ('Ohana here we come! ::yes::). I do want to try lunch. One of the 3 rooms was closed for a private event so I do want to see that. It will take some time before I give dinner another try.

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad dining experience here. I've read reviews like this from others. This is a question you may not be able to answer, but do you know if the French onion soup here is made from a vegetable base versus a beef or chicken stock? I am hoping that is why it is bland and tastes like sherry, and thus DP and I could sample some! Silly but true. :lmao:

I'm sorry to hear you had such a bad dining experience here. I've read reviews like this from others. This is a question you may not be able to answer, but do you know if the French onion soup here is made from a vegetable base versus a beef or chicken stock? I am hoping that is why it is bland and tastes like sherry, and thus DP and I could sample some! Silly but true. :lmao:

Hi! From what I have read others have said that the soup is made with vegetable broth but I dont know for sure.

Hi! From what I have read others have said that the soup is made with vegetable broth but I dont know for sure.

Thanks! We will have to swing by and ask during lunch hours (if the line isn't too long). It is hard to find soups that are vegetable based, especially at WDW I've found. It's too bad if that is why it's bland, but at least I can try it if that's the case. :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter