Mom/Daughter Birthday Celebration: Lots of Firsts and Laughs! (Update 3-18-13)

I got behind.
I love your safari pictures. You really got some good shots.
AoA looks so fun. I can't wait to see it in Nov. :yay:

Can't wait to hear how you like it, and I know you'll take lots of pics! I especially want to see pics of the Little Mermaid section!!

Maybe we should make AoA our resort if we ever get to take that Girls' trip...hint, hint! lol!;):thumbsup2

I know......For sure!!! :thumbsup2

Love that Goofy T'shirt. I showed your picture to Mom who laughed and said; "At 4'oclock!"

Saturday, June 16

Today would be our lazy day because all we had scheduled was dinner at Boma.

So we slept late and then decided to go to DTD for a while.

First stop was Earl of Sandwich for lunch! (no pics this time, though)

A few random pics:

448.jpg

449-1.jpg

451-1.jpg

452.jpg

453-1.jpg

Loved this new design (a little blurry, though)

454-1.jpg

Time for some Ghiradelli yummy-ness!

450-1.jpg

Love the Art of Disney store!

462-1.jpg

461-1.jpg

They also had a collection of "Precious Moments" Disney dolls, which I had a total fit over! :laughing: I don't even collect dolls (just Disney stuff!) but I had to have one
(but which one??)!

456.jpg

457.jpg

458.jpg

After finishing up our shopping, we headed back to the hotel to get ready for our ADR for Boma at AKL!!!!!

But first, I had to take a quick pic of my new baby!!!

464.jpg

:)

Sounds like a very enjoyable and relaxing day so far!

You pics from Ghirardelli totally have me craving one of their shakes now!:lovestruc

Love the pics from the Art of Disney store--we passed it on our trip and I mentioned wanting to go in, but never made it. And your doll is SOOOO cute! Too precious!! I didn't even realize they had those dolls. I have a couple of the Precious Moments figurines, but had no idea about the dolls!

Thanks for writing! I love that you and your daughter experience these trips together! I have two girls (my teenager is taller than me too :goodvibes) and you give me inspiration to take those solo trips!

Can't wait for the rest!

Yum...those sundaes look really good!
I love the Precious Moments dolls. You made a good selection!!!!!

I absolutely am in love with those Precious Moments Disney dolls!!! I can't believe I didn't know about them. My favorite was Snow White too - so glad you got one :)

Truly enjoying this trip report!

This is the only trip report I've ever been able to follow for the entire time!

Those sundaes look so good!

And talk about precious, that doll is so adorable :)

They are too cute! DD & I were just talking about them today and she said we should have gotten one to save for my grandma, who will be 80 years old this year. I need to check and see if they have them on the Disney shopping site.

Sounds like a very enjoyable and relaxing day so far!

You pics from Ghirardelli totally have me craving one of their shakes now!:lovestruc

Love the pics from the Art of Disney store--we passed it on our trip and I mentioned wanting to go in, but never made it. And your doll is SOOOO cute! Too precious!! I didn't even realize they had those dolls. I have a couple of the Precious Moments figurines, but had no idea about the dolls!

If you like Precious Moments, you'll have to check them out when you go back!

Thanks for writing! I love that you and your daughter experience these trips together! I have two girls (my teenager is taller than me too :goodvibes) and you give me inspiration to take those solo trips!

Can't wait for the rest!

Thank you so much! We love our trips together! We do everything WE want to (or don't want to), and don't have to worry about anybody else! I think your DD's would love to go on a "girl's only" trip!

Yum...those sundaes look really good!
I love the Precious Moments dolls. You made a good selection!!!!!

Thanks! Wish I could have bought more, but had to contain myself!! :rotfl:

Enjoying your report.... Love the precious moments....

Thanks!!

I absolutely am in love with those Precious Moments Disney dolls!!! I can't believe I didn't know about them. My favorite was Snow White too - so glad you got one :)

Snow White is cute, too! They must be fairly new because we didn't see them in December of last year.

Truly enjoying this trip report!

This is the only trip report I've ever been able to follow for the entire time!

Thank you!! I'm glad you joined in on my TR!!!

:wizard:

ive been busy but im here now!

great report so far!!!

love the new doll- so adorable! Great spot to see the parade for sure! AOA is soooooo cool, isnt it!? I can not wait to see the other areas!

Oh my goodness, the doll is so precious and totally lives up to the name!

Every time I see that giant crystal castle, I always say that if I ever win the lottery, I would buy it. It is just so pretty!

Lots of great pictures, can't wait for more! :goodvibes

ive been busy but im here now!

great report so far!!!

love the new doll- so adorable! Great spot to see the parade for sure! AOA is soooooo cool, isnt it!? I can not wait to see the other areas!

I'm glad you're back!! And I love the updated pic of the baby (in your sig)!!

Oh my goodness, the doll is so precious and totally lives up to the name!

Every time I see that giant crystal castle, I always say that if I ever win the lottery, I would buy it. It is just so pretty!

Lots of great pictures, can't wait for more! :goodvibes

Thanks!!
I'd love to have that castle, too!!

We got ready and headed for our ADR for Boma at AKL.

465-1.jpg

First stop would be going outside to see if we'd get to see my favorite: giraffes!!!

474.jpg

We were in luck! Many animals were out & about.

475.jpg

481-1.jpg

488.jpg

489.jpg

491.jpg

500-1.jpg

504.jpg

508-1.jpg

511.jpg

515-1.jpg

518-1.jpg

526-1.jpg

527-1.jpg

Then it was time to head inside...

505-1.jpg

for that delicious food!!!

534.jpg

535.jpg

536-1.jpg

And a few quick random updates:

I'm working on getting some pics of DD uploaded. We had her senior pictures made last week. It just doesn't seem like she should be graduating this year!! For those that have followed me along on most of my TR's, you may know that I joined the Dis, before she was in high school, and time has really flown by!!!

I've been back & forth at the hospital for the last 2 days. My grandmother has been in ICU, but I think she'll be fine.

I'm almost finished with my summer semester at school! I only have 3 more school days, which are all tests & exams. Can't believe I've already been going for a year now! Only 2 more semesters left!!

Looking into planning our next trip, which will probably be a graduation trip for DD (which will prob be another mom/daughter trip!) Only thing is, it may be a Carnival Cruise and maybe a few nights at WDW. We really want to go on a Disney Cruise, but with graduation stuff this year, it's going to be an expensive year!!

:)

I have an adr for boma breakfast...Have you ever had that? I hear good things about it!

Mmmmm...that food looks so yummy--especially the mac n' cheese!

I can't wait to see M's senior pics! I'm sure they're great...I don't think I've ever seen a bad pic of her. Has she made any final plans about college?

Yay for almost being done with this semester...I know that's exciting news for you. And knowing that you'll only have 2 left is even better! It seems like just yesterday that you decided to go back and now you're almost done!:thumbsup2

By the way...I posted a question on your wall on FB!:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter