• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

You're welcome.

According to what the cm said when I made our reservation, you would go to Guest Services to check in and get your tickets if you are a late arrival.

Cross contamination of allergens is definitely an issue and something to take into consideration for someone with food allergies. There is a number to call if you arrive within 7 days to inquire about food allergies. That is definitely something I would look into beforehand.

Thanks for your response.

I'm on the phone with them now, and they were very reassuring and said that they would help us and work with us to make it safe. :thumbsup2 We've always had great experiences with her allergy at Disney, so this is great news.

I'm on the phone with them now, and they were very reassuring and said that they would help us and work with us to make it safe. :thumbsup2 We've always had great experiences with her allergy at Disney, so this is great news.

Well, never mind that, they are already sold out for every day of our trip! :(

So glad to hear they will accommodate.

Now that's sad!!! Try periodically to see if something has opened up.

Every picture of Kristoff I have seen seems to be the same young man. I can understand why he is getting such a great reception. If I were 45 years younger, he'd be consuming my daydreams! Such a striking young man he is!

Your report is so helpful! I really appreciate it! I'm calling right now to see if there is any availability.

Those desserts look so good! I'm going to have to wear elastic pants!! LOL!
:lmao:

Every picture of Kristoff I have seen seems to be the same young man. I can understand why he is getting such a great reception. If I were 45 years younger, he'd be consuming my daydreams! Such a striking young man he is!

Lol, Debbie. Yes, they did a great job casting for Kristoff.

Your report is so helpful! I really appreciate it! I'm calling right now to see if there is any availability.

Those desserts look so good! I'm going to have to wear elastic pants!! LOL!
:lmao:

Thank you. Good luck, hope your date is available!

It didn't help with weight, that's for sure.

What days were sold out?

Wow! Talk about a spread of food! I got so hungry looking at the sweets!

I am with you and staying in the back. One time we watched Fantasmic near the front and we got closed in. I tend to get claustrophobic and it was not a lot of fun for me.

All in all that experience looks like it was a lot of fun!

Wow! Talk about a spread of food! I got so hungry looking at the sweets!

I am with you and staying in the back. One time we watched Fantasmic near the front and we got closed in. I tend to get claustrophobic and it was not a lot of fun for me.

All in all that experience looks like it was a lot of fun!

They were so yummy!

I'm with you about getting closed in.

It was a lot of fun.

No luck for me, they are sold out. That is what I get for being wishy washy!!!
LOL!

I'm so sorry!

We had promised ds we would do it one more time. I had no idea they'd sell out this fast! I called and couldn't find a single day we could go for a party of 3. Called back a 2nd time and one opened up, but it was a day when dh works nights so he'd miss the dessert. And that was his favorite part. So didn't book then.

Call back occasionally. Maybe someone will cancel.

We did our 2nd day of Frozen Summer Fun without a package. It's totally doable, you'll just probably end up back further at the sing-along.

We had an awesome day. Very little wait (arrived at 10:30-ish) for front row of the parade, great viewing for fireworks with seats (but waited since just before 8pm), but we skipped the sing-along that day and spent an hour and a half at the Funland.

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my goodness!!!! Between your Star Wars report and now this, I can't even stand it!!

I saw videos last weekend, but this is incredible!

Those Magic Shots! I think I like the one with Sven the most!

So glad you guys had fun and that you're sharing this with all of us!!!! :goodvibes

Ohhhhhhhhhhh my goodness!!!! Between your Star Wars report and now this, I can't even stand it!!

I saw videos last weekend, but this is incredible!

Those Magic Shots! I think I like the one with Sven the most!

So glad you guys had fun and that you're sharing this with all of us!!!! :goodvibes

Hi Sue! I just noticed what you are counting down, lol, LOVE it!

Welcome. The whole Frozen thing is very well done. The Sven picture is JJ's favorite. The next day we found more magic shots.

We had an amazing time at SWW this year too. Went to all 5 weekends and the Rendezvous. But I didn't do a TR. JJ is already counting the days til next SWW.

Non-package Day

We took our time getting to DHS. I saw tour groups lined up all around the Cross Roads tower. I glanced over towards the parade entrance gate and saw the space was empty except for one family.

I mentioned to them about their good choice of parade location. They were surprised. They had stopped there to apply suntan spray. I think they stayed for the parade.

We sat on the curb and began talking to the cm. She wanted to make sure we knew that we had to keep our feet on the sidewalk. The road is more narrow here, so no feet in the street.

I love this area for parade viewing. We watched several SWW parades here. The plus, it's in the shade. The downside, with the parade and the location of the sun at this time, pictures of faces looked a bit shadowed. So this isn't really the best spot for picture taking. And the backstage ends up in many pictures. Also there is no snow at this location.

I should have written it down. I think we sat down around 10:30. People began to fill in around us.

DSC_0567.jpg

DSC_0568.jpg

The horse did his duty. The entire parade behind him couldn't go anywhere, so we got to watch their routines for a nice bit of time! Tuesday morning we came back to the same spot to watch the parade. Tuesday there were no delays and the parade went by so fast, zoom. They started their routines down further.

DSC_0583.jpg

This picture is looking the opposite direction. You can get a good idea of where we were sitting. Most of the people around us sat. And most got there at the last minute. There were steps behind us and people were sitting there too.

DSC_0585.jpg

DSC_0587.jpg

DSC_0590.jpg

DSC_0607.jpg

DSC_0611.jpg

DSC_0615.jpg

If you'd really like to get great pictures of the welcome on stage, this is a good place to be. Once the pole and the rope go by, guests begin filling in behind them and go all the way up to the stage. You have first access to be behind that rope from here.

As you follow them up the street more and more people begin filling in and it's a mass procession up there. This is not the place for the Claustrophobic. Hollywood Blvd becomes a sea of people.

There is a huge screen the welcome is broadcasted on as well at the intersection of Hollywood blvd and sunset (I think that's the road's name. It's the one you'd turn right to go to ToT). It's a nice view of the stage without the crowd. Also the American Idol Screen does the same.

We did not stay for the welcome. We lagged behind the sea of people and cut over by the Brown Derby to head to Oaken's. It was a very smart move. There were no lines!!

DSC_0617.jpg

Loving your report, especially glad to see the non package one as this is how I will see it. I have just this minute booked my fast passes for HS for 12th August. Will be a quick visit but hope to see a fee Frozen things that day. Really looking forward to the sing along. I have also just booked tickets to a Frozen Singalong in London's Leicester Square for 7th September (a week after we get home, I will be having Disney withdrawal symptom!) Its the whole film and also games for the children before hand. Should be a lot of fun as I am taking my 7 year old nieces. Hope to get them Frozen dresses whilst at Disney, and all the accessories to go with them.
Its funny but my 13 year old son (who will be 14 on 12th August) keeps saying to me "Do you really want to watch the Frozen stuff at Disney?" as if its really odd, and I am only joking, my answer is of course, er YES!

Do you think that on a non-EMH day, it is smart to do Oaken's at RD? Think there will be much of a line then? Would it be better to do Oaken's and then Funland? Or reverse?

Also, can you send your items from Oaken's back to your resort? I'm thinking we will not want to carry everything around with us all day if we shop in the morning!

Thank you so much! Your TR is such a great resource for our day of Frozen fun on the 21st!

I'll be back to respond shortly. I sent a message to yullinin. I think she went yest day at rope drop. Or at least I saw her pictures fairly early yesterday. I think, but I'll have to check the times guide that Oaken's doesn't open til 9 whether emh or not.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter