(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

I'm here! I'm here! And I'm loving all the details so far!!!

*The Sven magic shot is adorable, definitely on my must-do list.

*The parade looks really cute, I can't wait to hear your comparisons of different spots.

*I think we have a new Flynn on our hands. Disney hit one so far out of the park with Kristoff, he's perfect! I cannot wait to see him in person. And now my secret hope is he meets with Anna at the Christmas party this year. A girl can dream, right?

Love all the pics! It all looks SO much fun! I've seen bits and pieces of the sing-along show, and can't wait to see it in person. I love the magic shot with Sven, how cute!!

Thanks for the review of the premium package parts! I'm leaning towards getting it for myself and my friend, but can't decide!

I'm here! I'm here! And I'm loving all the details so far!!!

*The Sven magic shot is adorable, definitely on my must-do list.

*The parade looks really cute, I can't wait to hear your comparisons of different spots.

*I think we have a new Flynn on our hands. Disney hit one so far out of the park with Kristoff, he's perfect! I cannot wait to see him in person. And now my secret hope is he meets with Anna at the Christmas party this year. A girl can dream, right?

Woohoo! Thanks for checking it out.

There are Sven, Anna and Elsa, Olaf, and snow magic shots to find. Maybe more that we didn't find too?!

Love all the pics! It all looks SO much fun! I've seen bits and pieces of the sing-along show, and can't wait to see it in person. I love the magic shot with Sven, how cute!!

Thanks for the review of the premium package parts! I'm leaning towards getting it for myself and my friend, but can't decide!

Thanks!! It is so much fun. And I left the show really feeling that Disney magic. It was just like being in Maurice's cottage the first time I saw the Beast's mirror in action.

Pictures don't do it justice. It's even better in person.

You may want to consider buying the package and cancelling it if you decide not to do it. From what I've been reading, different days are already selling out.

More of the package to come. The desserts and fireworks are coming soon, after a visit to Oaken's.

The sing a long looks like so much fun!

Michele, you would LOVE it. It's Disney magic at it's best.

Before we went into the sing-along, my phone buzzed. It was a message from Pop Century that our room was ready.

Feeling on top of the world after the show we headed out of the park and headed to our room. Hurray the magic bands worked right away! We unpacked the car and moved in. I packed enough for a week or two. I swear I don't know how to pack without over packing!

We had a standard pool view room. We were in building 1 right by the Lady Statue.

20140707_201248.jpg

20140707_201256.jpg

20140707_201302.jpg

We ate a very late lunch and hung out at the room. The purpose was for ds who never takes a nap to rest for tonight's fireworks. Instead, dh fell asleep. I grabbed my laptop and in between games of kings in the corner and crazy 8's, I updated the tip thread and caught up on facebook adding some pictures from earlier.

Eventually we made our way back to DHS. We had completely dodged the rain all afternoon. It poured while we ate. Poured again right up until it was time to leave for DHS. And once we got in the car, it began raining again. Then stopped as soon as we were parked!

I found out what the tent was, a bar.

DSC_0402.jpg

DSC_0361.jpg

There were no photopass photographers out because it had just stopped raining. But we found 2 more backdrops. I assume there are magic shots here too.

This one is where Darth Maul stands during SWW

DSC_0362-1.jpg

And this one is where the Fetts are during SWW

DSC_0364.jpg

The line for Wandering Oaken's Trading Post and Funland was only 20 minutes long. So we got in line. Dark clouds loomed overhead, but it didn't rain. This first day the set up for the Trading post and Funland were different than how it is now. At that point in the day, there was one line. It took you right into the Funland then exited into the Trading Post. Now there are two separate lines. One for the funland and one for the trading post, each with a separate exit from the other.

As walked inside, we saw the lodge and trees.

DSC_0380.jpg

The wall had interesting snowy looking texture to it.

DSC_0382.jpg

DSC_0373.jpg

DSC_0383.jpg

We stopped at the second back drop. We didn't realize it was a magic shot.

DSC_0384.jpg

wdw201418794550972_19.jpeg

DSC_0386.jpg

DSC_0389.jpg

The building was packed with people. We just looked at what was where then turned around and headed out. We decided to come back the next day when we had more time.

We exited out into the trading post.

DSC_0390.jpg

DSC_0391.jpg

DSC_0392.jpg

Along with all the Frozen merchandise is a counter with more Frozen goodies.

DSC_0399.jpg

We bought a Sven and an Olaf for ds. Then headed out with plans to return tomorrow.

When we walked out of the store, the queue was closed. They weren't allowing any one else to enter. They said they were closed for Fireworks. Since that night, the Times Guide now says the Trading Post closes at park closing, but the funland closes at 8pm.

While we were walking to the dessert party, I suggested we check first at Playhouse Disney to see if it was moved there. We didn't see many people there, so we kept walking to the package check in location. Afterall, when I made our Premium Package Reservation, I was told if there was an alternate location for rain, I would be texted. No texts. So off we went to check in.

They do an ice skating rink in DTD during the winter holidays. It sits outdoors. We didn't make it there in January, I am not sure why. They need to have Frozen area in WDW all year. It would be a relief from the heat.

They do an ice skating rink in DTD during the winter holidays. It sits outdoors. We didn't make it there in January, I am not sure why. They need to have Frozen area in WDW all year. It would be a relief from the heat.

That's great. I heard there was one at DLR. It sure would be nice if WDW could keep one year round along with the playing in the snow for Frozen. It was a huge relief for JJ!

That's great. I heard there was one at DLR. It sure would be nice if WDW could keep one year round along with the playing in the snow for Frozen. It was a huge relief for JJ!

That's what I was thinking! It would be great for people like JJ that can't get too hot.

Frozen Premium Package Dessert Party​

We walked around to the same place we checked in for the parade. There was a cm there. She directed us back to Playhouse Disney. So we made an about face and headed back the way we came. I should have stuck with my gut feelings and headed there in the first place.

A family got in line behind us. I noticed they didn't have the package lanyards. I asked them if they were with the package and they had no idea what I was talking about. They thought they were in line for the Playhouse Disney show.

Entering the doorway

DSC_0403.jpg

The room was lit blue by the centerpieces on the table and the spotlights.

DSC_0404.jpg

Non-alcoholic drinks were along the back wall.

DSC_0431.jpg

DSC_0430.jpg

There was an icecream and soda cart with more choices of frozen treats than at the parade.

DSC_0432.jpg

There were three tables of food. Two the same and one table with fruit, nuts, and fondue.

DSC_0427.jpg

DSC_0423.jpg

DSC_0405.jpg

DSC_0406.jpg

DSC_0407.jpg

DSC_0410.jpg

DSC_0417.jpg

DSC_0421.jpg

DSC_0422.jpg

We started off with these. Sharing the cupcakes so that we could sample each.

DSC_0413.jpg

The chef said this was a cheesecake push up parfait. It had a raspberry, cheesy flavor. There were some type of balls inside that tasted fruity. They almost looked like grapes. They were clear, so I'm not sure what they were.

DSC_0414.jpg

The Olaf had a base of some type of cake filled with a cheese filling. The snowball part was a spice cake or gingerbread cake. We thought the Olaf was white chocolate. It was not. It was either paper or fondant. Whatever it was, ds took a bite and had to do a spit take.

DSC_0416.jpg

There were two bars set up. I didn't take a picture of either or their menu. I walked around taking pictures, somehow I missed them.

There weren't any tables left. I asked a couple if we could share their table with them. They said yes. We enjoyed meeting them and discussing the desserts and beverages.

The desserts were delicious. My favorite was the strawberry shortcake. I also really enjoyed the Elsa cupcake. So much that I bought one the next day. While I know the fruit was for the fondue, it was very nice to have something besides sweets. DS loved the strawberries and pineapples.

I love that you are posting a trip report so quickly after your trip. The pictures are great. It is nice to read about this new event. I would love Disney to extend it so that we could see it in September. :)

I love that you are posting a trip report so quickly after your trip. The pictures are great. It is nice to read about this new event. I would love Disney to extend it so that we could see it in September. :)

Welcome, Sue. Thanks! I keeping seeing posts where people are on the fence trying to decide whether to do the package or not. I'm trying to crank out days 1 and 2 quickly. The first day was with the package, the 2nd day was without.

I would also love to see it extended. I hope it is so you gt a chance to see it.

We are going back on Monday. If you've followed any of my other trip reports, you know that Monday is our park day. We usually go to a park for a few hours. Typically a meal and some play time.

We will be headed back to DHS. I'd like to try a Frozen Ice Cream Sandwich. They are located at Scoops by ToT. We have always loved the ice cream sandwiches that use to be served at the Main Street Bakery. From what I've seen of these Frozen ones, they don't look like much of a comparison. But I'd still like to try one.

We are considering doing the package again. If we do, I'll be skipping the ice cream sandwich.

Frozen Fireworks​

The rain had stopped and the package firework area had re-opened. The three of us decided to grab a beverage before heading out to it. I grabbed a cup of POG, dh a soda, and ds a Dasani. We were some of the first people there. We had our choice of spots.

In front of the package viewing rope were guests. If we went up to the rope there would be little chance of seeing and big chance of getting crowded in. Ds doesn't do well when crowded, so we hung back, the very back, along the fence.

We could see the stage and part of the sky. The stage would eventually be mostly blocked by people filling in and parents putting children on their shoulders.

Please note, we chose to stand here. We knew the viewing was going to be blah from this vantage point. There was a also a mother and child by us too. The child was too frightened of the sound the fireworks were going to make that they left before it started. As they were leaving, cm were quick to ask them if everything was ok.

As the show started, the rain began. It was just a light drizzle which as the show went on became a more steady rain. Only 1 person in the whole viewing area brought out an umbrella. The person standing directly in front of me. Yeah, it figures, lol. So I relocated myself.

Despite the people in front of me, I was able to get some decent pictures of the stage. The smoke from the fireworks blew our way and the rain seemed to make things more smokey, so those pictures are very blurred.

DSC_0447.jpg

DSC_0457.jpg

DSC_0471.jpg

DSC_0476.jpg

The guest Take-Along Olaf pictures

DSC_0499.jpg

Kristoff makes another appearance.

DSC_0503.jpg

My view of fireworks looking straight ahead. (We were in the back, left hand side along the back railings.)

DSC_0511.jpg

My view to the right of the stage.

DSC_0513.jpg

Another view

DSC_0514.jpg

Elsa comes out for the grand finale.

DSC_0525.jpg

At this point, it started raining more steady and I put my camera away. When the fireworks were over. Everyone cheered then headed to the exit. People were quick to leave the package area. But we noticed a beverage cart was brought in the viewing area. People were taking a drink to go. We got a coke and two waters on the way out. It was a mass exodus on Hollywood BLVD. We decided the next night we'd hang around longer til the crowd clears more before heading out.

Overall, I loved with the firework stage show and fireworks. Even though my view was partially blocked, it was still incredible. The music, the actors, the lighting and effects, the fireworks were all very impressive.

Great trip report!

I love your DS's tee shirt. Is it a Nordic theme? Did you buy that special or did he already have that? I've never seen a tee like that!

Thanks. We were shocked to see Sven show up in the picture when I checked it in the afternoon when we went back for rest.

Do you recognize skater and skier costumes?

I can't even imagine being all bundled up like that. At the welcome on the stage, they stay put on the street until the welcome is over. Then the entire group finishes the parade together, just like how it started. The only difference is now Anna and Elsa are holding flowers. It ends at Star Tours.

We watched the movie again since we've been home. And we picked up details from FSF that we had never seen in the movie.

I stuck around taking pictures for a minute or two while dh and ds headed to First Aid. Then I high tailed it over there. The funny thing was I beat them there.

Pam put him in a private room instead of the rows of "beds". She got him several icepacks. We place them around him and he was cooled off in time for our return time for the sing-along!

just love the magic shots!

aren't they from the Xmas parade??

love the movie - we took a DVD down to Haiti with us and the kids sat quietly the whole movie...guess they've watched it a couple more times and some are already singing along :goodvibes

great JJ got cooled off quickly, thanks to Pam!

told Megan about the Frozen summer and she was "and you want to be there right" YUP! please keep it going Disney!

the storytelling/sing along looks so fun!

Oaken's trading post and ice skating is a great idea, agree they need to keep it going!

desserts look so yummy! and so did the bar drinks!

happy you had a fun night!

Thank you so much for all of these great details. This is very helpful!! I am trying to decide whether to do the package or not when we go in a few weeks. I should probably call to see if any tickets are even available for our date...

Here's a question... we aren't planning to be at DHS early on our DHS day, so we'd miss the welcome parade. Any idea if we will have trouble getting the premium credentials if we don't check in at 10am? It would be more like 4, to be honest.

Also the dessert table with open bowls of nuts TERRIFIES me! I cannot believe that Disney would do this! :confused3

Great trip report!

I love your DS's tee shirt. Is it a Nordic theme? Did you buy that special or did he already have that? I've never seen a tee like that!

Thanks.

His t-shirt is a Disney shirt that was sold at the parks this winter. We found them on clearance after the Frozen event was announced! Here's a close-up of the print. I told him his cooling vest kind of looks like ski vest.

20140701_133837.jpg

20140701_133822.jpg

just love the magic shots!

aren't they from the Xmas parade??

love the movie - we took a DVD down to Haiti with us and the kids sat quietly the whole movie...guess they've watched it a couple more times and some are already singing along :goodvibes

great JJ got cooled off quickly, thanks to Pam!

told Megan about the Frozen summer and she was "and you want to be there right" YUP! please keep it going Disney!

the storytelling/sing along looks so fun!

Oaken's trading post and ice skating is a great idea, agree they need to keep it going!

desserts look so yummy! and so did the bar drinks!

happy you had a fun night!

Thanks.

Yes, the exact same. But I didn't realize that until I was listening to a video of the parade on a friend's blog.

That was a great idea to bring Frozen along with you on your Be Like Brit trip to Haiti. I'm glad they enjoyed it. I'm sure they sound so sweet listening to them sing.

I hope you and Megan get a chance to see the Frozen Summer Fun. It would be great if they kept it going.

Thank you so much for all of these great details. This is very helpful!! I am trying to decide whether to do the package or not when we go in a few weeks. I should probably call to see if any tickets are even available for our date...

Here's a question... we aren't planning to be at DHS early on our DHS day, so we'd miss the welcome parade. Any idea if we will have trouble getting the premium credentials if we don't check in at 10am? It would be more like 4, to be honest.

Also the dessert table with open bowls of nuts TERRIFIES me! I cannot believe that Disney would do this! :confused3

You're welcome.

According to what the cm said when I made our reservation, you would go to Guest Services to check in and get your tickets if you are a late arrival.

Cross contamination of allergens is definitely an issue and something to take into consideration for someone with food allergies. There is a number to call if you arrive within 7 days to inquire about food allergies. That is definitely something I would look into beforehand.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter