• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

(MNSSHP) YES, I would LOVE to build a snowman!!! Frozen Summer Fun Done Differently

As we were walking away from the long Oaken's line, we spotted a Frozen backdrop and a PP photographer. So we got in line. The photographer said there was a magic shot, but didn't tell anyone what it was. It turned out to be Sven!!

DSC_0021.jpg

wdw201418694341582_19.jpeg

wdw201418694341545_19.jpeg

We passed by a little stand selling Olaf plush and a blue and white tent. It was a mystery to us what the tent was for. I assumed more merchandise. I was wrong.

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0023.jpg

It was almost 10am, so we headed over towards the check-in for the Premium Package. There was a line already.

DSC_0025.jpg

See the person in front of me with the Frozen backpack? She had a Frozen Time's Guide. We had missed that when we entered the park. We were so excited about take-along Olaf that I didn't even think to look for a times guide.

20140705_121023.jpg

20140705_083335.jpg

20140705_180847.jpg

Dh and Ds sat in the shade by the umbrellas behind them in the picture, while I stood in the line. I was in direct sunlight. They joined me when it was close to our time to check in. While they sat in the shade, Olaf must have melted off of ds' stick.

DSC_0026.jpg

The cm told us that there would be two podiums for us during check-in. One was to check into the event and the other to choose a sing-along time.

DSC_0027.jpg

DSC_0028.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

We chose a 12:30pm sing-along time.

DSC_0030.jpg

We found a spot along the rope and parked ds's w/c. I went beside him and dh stood behind the chair. He was designated our snack runner.

DSC_0032.jpg

The designated snack runner didn't have enough hands, so he came back with snacks and drinks for he and ds and a drink for me.

I put my backpack out to save my place and got myself a Frozen Strawberry cup.

The MC took the stage and the parade was soon to start!

DSC_0034.jpg

Anna and Elsa's Royal Welcome aka the parade​

This is really sappy, but when the music started and the snow started blowing out. I got all choked up. There was so much excitement and energy in the air.

My first glimpse of the parade was on the stage screen.

DSC_0045.jpg

Then the parade was in view!

DSC_0050.jpg

DSC_0055.jpg

Here come Anna and Elsa.

DSC_0057.jpg

DSC_0060.jpg

DSC_0065.jpg

The horse's clean-up crew

DSC_0068.jpg

The chosen children to be in the parade

DSC_0072.jpg

DSC_0074.jpg

DSC_0078.jpg

DSC_0082.jpg

DSC_0088.jpg

DSC_0101.jpg

These guys were pretty intense!

DSC_0105.jpg

DSC_0111.jpg

The crowd went wild with cheering and applause for Kristoff!!

DSC_0114.jpg

DSC_0116.jpg

Tip: If you want to be near the front of the stage for Anna and Elsa's welcome follow this banner and the rope behind it closely. They'll take you right up to the stage!

DSC_0125.jpg

While many people rushed to the front of the stage, we hung back. Ds does NOT like to be crowded in. I got a few pictures of the welcome. But all of the sudden ds started overheating and we were off to First Aid again.

DSC_0131.jpg

DSC_0134.jpg

While waiting for the parade our family downed a total of 10 snacks/beverages. I had that Frozen Strawberry Cup and a water and a soda. DH had a MPB, a Frozen Strawberry Cup, a water and a soda. DS had a MBP, a soda and a water. So that paid for almost one ticket just in snacks alone. Add in the VIP seating for the sing-along and the dessert party that are yet to come!

Here! Going back to read now. :)

How fun to stay on site every once in a while, and to be able to do it without having to get up early and fly there. :goodvibes

Pop is one of my favorites. I can't remember, have y'all gotten a chance to stay at AoA yet? Or will JJ not stay in a LM room? :laughing:

The Frozen festival looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

How fun to stay on site every once in a while, and to be able to do it without having to get up early and fly there. :goodvibes

Pop is one of my favorites. I can't remember, have y'all gotten a chance to stay at AoA yet? Or will JJ not stay in a LM room? :laughing:

The Frozen festival looks like a lot of fun. Can't wait to hear more. :thumbsup2

It is very nice. We are blessed. I haven't flown since the early '90's. A lot has changed since then.

Pop is our favorite value. We have not stayed at AoA. We've eaten there several times. I really like their Surf and Surf burger. The last time we went over there was in May when my parents stayed with us at Pop for my dad's 80th birthday.

JJ would happily stay LM room. Maybe some day. But not any time in the near future.

FSF is so much fun. We really enjoyed ourselves and look forward to the next time we go. I thought we were going last night, but the guys decided to go fishing instead. It was so hot that JJ only lasted for 10 minutes fishing. So I guess it's good we didn't go.

I think we would have too. :) It looks like a lot of fun. :goodvibes

Hopefully, they'll have it another time that coincides with one of your trips.

So did you think the Premium package was worth it?? We will be there next week but it is just my husband and I. If my kids were coming I would do it in a heartbeat but with just him not so sure. He definitely won't want to do the sing a long. LOL!!!

So did you think the Premium package was worth it?? We will be there next week but it is just my husband and I. If my kids were coming I would do it in a heartbeat but with just him not so sure. He definitely won't want to do the sing a long. LOL!!!

For us, it was definitely worth it. Even without the alcohol. My dh wants to go back just for the desserts. We might do it again on Monday.

The sing-along is more than a just singing. There is a story to it. The storytellers add some adult humor. One of the storytellers has roots at Hoop-dee-doo.

The special effects and lighting are pretty cool too. I was in awe over them. After the show, one of the bloggers told me that the effects were designed by a famous magician. They were really good!

I didn't sing. The person beside me was making a video and I didn't want my nasty singing voice on there, lol. But the children behind us and my son sounded beautiful.

The downside: The firework viewing area isn't the best with the package. Views are obstructed no matter where you stand. And we saw the stage better from the Idol screen the night we DIDN"T do the package than we did the night we did the package

I'll soon be posting about the sing-along.

love the magic shot with Sven!

the parade is so cute! yay for Kristoph! feel sorry for the dancers, they must of been hot in those outfits!
the details are great and fit the movie so well!

so what was in the tent????

sorry JJ got overheated and you had to miss that part of the show.

wow that's a lot of snacks!

love the magic shot with Sven!

the parade is so cute! yay for Kristoph! feel sorry for the dancers, they must of been hot in those outfits!
the details are great and fit the movie so well!

so what was in the tent????

sorry JJ got overheated and you had to miss that part of the show.

wow that's a lot of snacks!

Thanks. We were shocked to see Sven show up in the picture when I checked it in the afternoon when we went back for rest.

Do you recognize skater and skier costumes?

I can't even imagine being all bundled up like that. At the welcome on the stage, they stay put on the street until the welcome is over. Then the entire group finishes the parade together, just like how it started. The only difference is now Anna and Elsa are holding flowers. It ends at Star Tours.

We watched the movie again since we've been home. And we picked up details from FSF that we had never seen in the movie.

I stuck around taking pictures for a minute or two while dh and ds headed to First Aid. Then I high tailed it over there. The funny thing was I beat them there.

Pam put him in a private room instead of the rows of "beds". She got him several icepacks. We place them around him and he was cooled off in time for our return time for the sing-along!

Hi Michelle! Thank you for the heads up on your trip report.

I love JJ's t-shirt! That is so cute! The poor parade CM's have got to be so hot in those outfits. By the end of the parade they must be miserable!

Hi Michelle! Thank you for the heads up on your trip report.

I love JJ's t-shirt! That is so cute! The poor parade CM's have got to be so hot in those outfits. By the end of the parade they must be miserable!

Thanks for joining in!

Thanks, we got those shirts on clearance! Perfect timing too.

They are so in character, there is no way to tell if they are uncomfortable.

You have great parade pictures! It looks like so much fun! :)

Thank you! It's very quick, but lots of fun.

For the First Time in Forever: A "Frozen" Sing-Along Celebration​

I looked at my phone and the time was 11:50. This meant we were in our window for returning to the sing-along!

I had no idea what to expect. I went with very little expectations. I had heard that auditions for the friends of the singing Anna and Elsa were held on June 30th. So I knew that there wasn't much time in putting this whole show together. I knew there was going to be storytellers.

Storytelling is a unique art that we have always loved. We have gone to the Cracker Storytelling Festival for years. My oldest son took classes in storytelling. So I was excited to see what Disney had thrown together for this show.

We arrived within our arrival window.

DSC_0030.jpg

There was a huge non-package line.

DSC_0140.jpg

DSC_0142.jpg

A very small VIP line, the entrance is around the corner.

DSC_0141.jpg

As we entered with ds's wheelchair, we were directed to a particular cm. He instructed us where to go and sit. We were first row, all the way to the left in the center section.

DSC_0145.jpg

The stage and the floor were decorated with snow mounds and snow covered trees. The curtain had a big snowflake.

As the curtain opened and the show started. I was in total awe. The lighting, the acting, the storytelling, the special effects, etc. were AWEmazing!!

Anna made her debut and then introduced the story tellers before she made her exit.

DSC_0156.jpg

DSC_0175.jpg

DSC_0181.jpg

DSC_0206.jpg

The crowd went wild when Kristoff walked on the stage. So did one of the storytellers, lol.

DSC_0222.jpg

DSC_0226.jpg

Olaf!!

DSC_0231.jpg

And for the finale...Elsa!!

DSC_0266.jpg

DSC_0272.jpg

DSC_0275.jpg

And my husband's picture from his phone which makes it look like we were at two different shows.

Elsa.jpeg

With the Frozen theme, Elsa's magic brought more snow.

DSC_0313.jpg

DSC_0330.jpg

And it was over

DSC_0339.jpg
[/URL]​

Wow! Wow! Wow! was all I could say afterwards. We left the theater knowing this show far exceeded our expectations. It was EXCELLENT!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter