MNSSHP-Tips, Tricks, Secrets newbies should know (from the 2009 party!)

Hello again!!

Yes, I went to the store to buy the bags...and I meant to say no they are not free...not now they are not free...oh well!!

I am excited!!

We are getting closer...

We plan on riding a fair amount of rides that night...so for people who get candy and go on the rides, do you just put your candy bag in the bag holder on the ride? Just wondering....I think that for BTMR the candy might come out of the bag? That's one that we'd like to ride at night (for those who haven't, it's quite a different experience when it's dark.)

Also, I have a question about entry....so when you enter the park after 4:00, you take your ticket to the regular entry area and then??? Do you put it into the machine and then they slap a wristband on you or what? Just curious & wondering how long the entry process will take.

Last year we put our candy bags in little pouches in front of us I think. (for BTMR) Otherwise, we just held them.

As for the tickets, yes, I think they give you the band when you give them the ticket. Can't say for sure, since we were in already last year.

A couple of people have asked, but I never saw an answer. If you are an adult going in costume, should you wait until 7 to put the costume on, or can you have it on if you enter the park early?

BF and I are going as Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley in their quidditch outfits, so I am interested in the answer to this question if anyone knows.

Thanks for this wonderful tutoring of MNSSH however I read one thread which mentioned extended party hours/ what did they mean. Ready to buy our tixs. Got AVR at Chef Mickey for 5 and thought that would be an easy ride to MK by 6:30 or so. Did I do the right thing? thanks to all of you guys!:woohoo:

I think that this is a general touring plan tip for any day in the park, but I've seen many others recommend that you view the parade from as close to it's starting point as possible. The parades in MK start in Frontierland. Viewing it close to it's beginning will mean it ends earlier for you than it would for someone sitting on Main Street. You'll be watching the parade for a shorter time and have more time to see other things.

I'm not sure how crowded Frontierland gets before a parade on a party night, but I assume many want to see it come around near the Castle and Main Street. I know I have a spot in my mind which I want to stake out and I'm planning on going for the second of the night's parades as well.

I'm going to the September 22nd party! :woohoo:

Thanks for this wonderful tutoring of MNSSH however I read one thread which mentioned extended party hours/ what did they mean. Ready to buy our tixs. Got AVR at Chef Mickey for 5 and thought that would be an easy ride to MK by 6:30 or so. Did I do the right thing? thanks to all of you guys!:woohoo:

Not sure what you read but the party officially goes from 7:00p till Midnight. However, for the past few years they've let party goers in after 4:00p with just their party ticket. The festivities like trick or treating etc...do not begin till 7:00p though.

Many arrive early and use the time from 4:00p to 7:00p to rides some rides.

Hello again!!

Yes, I went to the store to buy the bags...and I meant to say no they are not free...not now they are not free...oh well!!

I am excited!!

We are getting closer...

I think people were saying that the little treat bags you can get at the party are free, not the nice ones in the disney stores.

A couple of people have asked, but I never saw an answer. If you are an adult going in costume, should you wait until 7 to put the costume on, or can you have it on if you enter the park early?

BF and I are going as Harry Potter and Ginny Weasley in their quidditch outfits, so I am interested in the answer to this question if anyone knows.

I've heard that Griffindors can get in fine before, but muggles have to wait until 7.

Anyone know the answer to this one?

Last year the riverboat was docked because there was a guy dressed up with a latern walking back and forth on it.

I don't think they would kick you out in your costume being they are allowing you in at 4 and it's for the party. I can't remember if I saw some dressed up last year before 7 or not because we were having dinner between 5-6:30.

What night are you going? I'll be there on sept 15th. If its the same night I have to find you and take your picture! My DD is an insane HP fan, I call her a modern day, "trekie"! We were in Disney during the HP HBP premiere and were at the DTD theater at midnight.. Man.. what a showing of dressed up people! We had the whole Quidditch team sitting behind us! :rotfl2: Not to mention a Belatrix, a few dumbledores and just about everyone else at hogworts. My DD wanted me to dress at Hagrid since my bushy italian hair was not co operating in the Florida summer humidity!:lmao:

Going to MNSSHP on Sept 22. Made ressie at Crystal Palace at 4:30. Am I going to Miss anything while having dinner.First time ever to this Party and want to exper. it all.

Going to MNSSHP on Sept 22. Made ressie at Crystal Palace at 4:30. Am I going to Miss anything while having dinner.First time ever to this Party and want to exper. it all.

I think that's a great time to eat. The party festivities don't start till 7:00p. So if you really want/need to eat a good sit down meal then I think your ADR is perfect.

I'm not a fan of doing counter service during the party so I opt for a nice sit down meal in MK before 7:00p.

perfect time, perfect place! for the first time you done good!:thumbsup2

My son's brithday is on the 29th and we are doing the MNSSHP. I have tried to book the Plaza or CP but they are booked between 4 and 7pm. There was one res left at 3:35pm but there's no way they will let me in with MNSSHP tickets if I have a reservation, eh? So is there anywhere else you could recommend within the park? Thanks in adance!

I don't think they would kick you out in your costume being they are allowing you in at 4 and it's for the party. I can't remember if I saw some dressed up last year before 7 or not because we were having dinner between 5-6:30.

What night are you going? I'll be there on sept 15th. If its the same night I have to find you and take your picture! My DD is an insane HP fan, I call her a modern day, "trekie"! We were in Disney during the HP HBP premiere and were at the DTD theater at midnight.. Man.. what a showing of dressed up people! We had the whole Quidditch team sitting behind us! :rotfl2: Not to mention a Belatrix, a few dumbledores and just about everyone else at hogworts. My DD wanted me to dress at Hagrid since my bushy italian hair was not co operating in the Florida summer humidity!:lmao:

Thats a coincidence, we're also planning on going the 15th. I hope we look ok, we are doing the new quidditch outfits, not the ones from the first few movies. My mom is making the capes for us, and we are slowly piecing together the rest of the outfits on our own. Right now we are having the biggest hang up with the knee/leg pads. I think we may just buy cheap white ones, and cover them with some sort of pleather fabric.

I can't convince my BF to carry around a broom all night, so we won't have those :rotfl:

How did the quidditch team sitting behind you look? Did they have the old outfits or the new ones from the Half Blood Prince movie?

Hi,
too funny! I took a guess that you would be there on the 15th since our countdowns are similar. I will keep an eye out for you for sure! I'm going just dressed as "me"! lol.. Usually I will wear a halloween t-shirt and that's about as far as I go. Me and a friend go to disney each year for a few days in sept w/out the husbands or the kids. It's my favorite trip I take! Lol!

DD just awoke from her slumber..after all it is noon!:rolleyes1 I asked her what style they were and she said they were the "old" style.. they were red robes and each person had a number on the back and a last name. I only saw the back on the one with "weasly" on it. DD said they were homemade but they did a good job with it. You just could not believe some of the outfits at the premiere! It was worth staying up that late just to see them all!

Question?
we will be in WDW 9/10-9/14. WE do not have park hopper tix, and have ADRs in epcot for the princess bfasat on 9/11. There is a MNSSHP 9/11 at MK, and I know it requires an additional tix for the party, but do you have to have a separate admission tix too? In otherwords, can we go to EPCOT on our regular tix, and buy the party tix and do that too?

Question?
we will be in WDW 9/10-9/14. WE do not have park hopper tix, and have ADRs in epcot for the princess bfasat on 9/11. There is a MNSSHP 9/11 at MK, and I know it requires an additional tix for the party, but do you have to have a separate admission tix too? In otherwords, can we go to EPCOT on our regular tix, and buy the party tix and do that too?

You can use your regular tix to get in to Epcot and then buy the party ticket to go to the party. You do not need regular admission to go to the party.

Question?
Yes you can go to epcot and then to the MNSSHP (if you have tix for MNSSHP). It does not require park admission in addition, but you won't be able to get into MK until the start of the party. :hippie:

How fun! We have 4:30pm dinner ressies @ CP & are going to MNSSHP on 9/22 too!! There are 8 of us & we're all dressing up as pirates of some sort! Maybe we'll see you there! :goodvibes

The actual party stuff doesn't start until 7pm so you won't miss a thing & it's so awesome to come out of CP at the start of the party! OMG!! CANNOT WAIT!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter