MM Warriors Recipes

Pizza Crust and Sauce

Crust

3 cups cooked spaghetti squash--squeezed dry
1 1/2 cup shredded cheese
2 eggs

Make sure squash is very dry. Mix with other ingredients and press into greased pizza pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 10-20 mins until golden brown. Spread with sauce, cover with cheese and then vegies and meat of choice. Bake in 450 degree oven for 9-12 mins.

Sauce recipe

1 small can tomato paste and 1 can water
1 tsp onion powder
1 1/2 tsp Italian Seasonings
3-4 TB grated parmesan
2 garlic cloves minced
black and red pepper to taste

These are really good. I keep them in a storage bag in the frig and then pop in the oven to heat before dinner. They would freeze well too. The recipe is for savory biscuits but you can substitute any flavor Torani syrup you like for the buttermilk, add some chopped walnuts or pecans, sprinkle with Splenda/cinnamon mix and have a great breakfast muffin. The recipe makes 8 large biscuits. You can make them smaller and get more yield if you wish.

2 1/2 cups BLANCHED Almond Flour
1/2 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1/4 cup grapeseed or olive oil (I used olive oil)
1/4 cup buttermilk
2 large eggs
1 t lemon juice
Add 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese and a few bacon bits or other additions that sound good to you.

Prehead oven to 350. Line baking sheet with parchment paper or spray with nonstick cooking spray.
In a large bowl, combine almond flour, salt, baking soda. In a medium bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk, eggs and lemon juice. Stir wet into dry until thoroughly combined. Drop batter by scant 1/4 cupfuls 2 inches apart onto baking sheet. Bake for 15 - 20 minutes until golden brown or toothpick inserted comes out clean.

Using buttermilk, the countable carbs are 1.75 per biscuit. Substitute sugar free syrup for the buttermilk for a sweet biscuit and these are a neutral food for step1 or step2 :love:

I haven't made these yet, but I'm going to.

2 1/2 cups Blanched almond flour
1/4 t salt
1/2 t baking soda
1 cup grated cheddar cheese
3 T olive oil (herb infused might be good too)
2 large eggs

Preheat oven to 350. Set aside 2 large baking sheets.
In a large bowl combine almond flour, salt, baking soda and cheese. In a medium bowl whisk together oil and eggs. Stir wet ingredients into dry until well combined.

Divide the dough into 2 equal pieces. Place 1 piece of dough between 2 sheets of parchment paper. Roll out to 1/16 inch thickness. Remove the top piece of paper and place the bottom piece with the dough on it onto a baking sheet. Repeat the process with the second piece of dough, using the second baking sheet. Cut the dough into 2" squares using a knife or pizza cutter.

Bake for 12 - 15 minutes until lightly golden. Let the crackers cool on the baking sheets for 30 minutes at least.
Store in a dry, airtight container.

This sounds really easy and good :)

3 T olive oil
1 medium onion, chopped
5 cloves garlic, chopped
1 medium red bell pepper, diced
2 cups black or soy beans
2 t salt
1 T ground cumin
1 t ground chipotle seasoning
1/4 cup minced cilantro
3 large eggs
1/2 cup blanched almond flour

Heat 1 T oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Saute the onion for about 8 minutes. Add the garlic and bell pepper and saute about 3 minutes.

In a large bowl combine the onion mixture, beans, salt, cumin, chipotle, cilantro, eggs and almond flour. Form into 2" patties.

Heat the remaining 2T oil in a large skillet at med-high heat. Cook the patties 4-6 minutes per side, until browned around the edges. Transfer to paper towel lined plate.

Serve topped with sour cream, salsa, shredded cheese, avacado, whatever sounds good :)

Makes 12 patties

Cranberry Muffins

1 cup whole fresh cranberries
1.25 cup flax seed meal
1 tsp baking powder
3 tbls cinnamon
1 tsp nutmeg
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup splenda

4 large eggs
.25 cup olive oil
.5 cup Da Vinci's Vanilla sugar free syrup
1 tbls vanilla

Directions
Pre heat oven to 350
Liberally butter the muffin tins, makes 12 muffins with enough batter to make 3 more if you want to dirty up an extra muffin tin, or just put the remainder in a cereal bowel and cook in microwave for about 1min and 30 sec, and have a really big muffin. Do not use muffin liners they will stick.

Pour boiling water over cranberries and let sit for 5 minutes.
mix wet ingredients and dry ingredients seperatly and then combine, minus the carnberries you don't use them yet.
let mixture stand for about 10 minutes to thicken.
fold in cranberries once thickened a little bit.
Fill each muffin cup up about 1/2 to 3/4 full.
Bake for about 17 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
These will keep for about a week in the frig and 3 months inthe freezer.

Servings Per Recipe: 15
Serving Size: 1 serving
Amount Per Serving
Calories 104.8
Total Carbohydrate 5.8 g
Dietary Fiber 3.7 g
Sugars 0.4 g
Protein 4.0 g

I cup of raw cranberries is only 12 carbs and 4 grams of fiber = 8 carbs for the whole batch. I would think these would be a freebie eaten one at a time!! A little orange rind would be a good addition, too.

http://cleochatra.blogspot.com/2009/05/crunch-time-doritos-style-chips-makes.html

Zucchini Doritos-style chips

1 large zucchini, shredded
2 eggs
2 cups cheese
Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
Grease 2 cookie sheets.

Cut ends from zucchini. Shred. Mix with egg and cheese. Make 6-8” circles on greased cookie sheet(s). Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes. Loosen and flip the circles. Bake for another 5 minutes at 450 degrees.

With a pizza cutter, cut rounds into triangles (about 6 per round).

Let cool on a rack for 6-8 hours in a cool oven. To store, keep loosely in a bag or a plastic container in the refrigerator or on the counter. Best used within a week of preparation.

After chips have dried substantially, in a plastic container toss with popcorn seasoning for desired flavor.
Makes 36 chips.

Nutritional Information:(Per 12 chips, 1/3 of recipe): Calories: 151, Carbohydrates: 1g, Fiber: 0g, Net Carbohydrates: 1 g, Protein: 10 g, Fat: 13 g

Cauliflower Doritos-style chips

1 16 ounce bag of cauliflower, shredded, chopped or riced
3 eggs
3 cups cheese

Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.

Grease 2 cookie sheets.

Cook or thaw frozen cauliflower. Shred, rice or chop. Mix with egg and cheese. Using 1/4 cup scoop, make 12 6-8” circles on greased cookie sheet(s). Bake at 450 degrees for 12 minutes. Loosen and flip the circles. Bake for another 5 minutes at 450 degrees.

With a pizza cutter, cut rounds into triangles (about 6 per round).

Let cool on a rack for 6-8 hours in a cool oven. To store, keep loosely in a bag or a plastic container in the refrigerator or on the counter. Best used within a week of preparation.

Notes: Recipes can be halved for less chips.

Store on rack until crisp and then in an open container to prevent moisture.

After chips have dried substantially, in a plastic container toss with popcorn seasoning for desired flavor.

Makes 72 chips.

Nutritional Information (Per 12 chips, 1/6 of recipe): Calories: 239, Carbohydrates: 4g, Fiber: 1.5g, Net Carbohydrates: 2.5 g, Protein: 15 g, Fat: 20 g

Chicken Scaloppini

1 ½ pound of chicken – I cut up chicken breast tenders or you can pound them thin.
2 Tablespoon butter
2 Tablespoon olive oil (I generally use 1 Tablespoon of each)
1 clove garlic minced
1 small onion sliced
1 cup chicken stock
12 cup dry while wine
1 small can mushrooms – I use fresh and use quite a few sliced up
¼ cup tomato juice (I never have tomato juice so I use 2 tablespoons low carb ketchup and more wine to equal ¼ cup)
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
¼ cup parmesan cheese sprinkled on just before serving and a little parsley for garnish if you have it.

It also calls for 2 Tablespoons of flour to shake the chicken in with salt and pepper. I just cook the juice down at the end, but a little flour would help to thicken the sauce.

Sauté onion and garlic, add chicken and brown then add rest of ingredients. Simmer for 30 minutes.

We find making this a day ahead is MUCH better as it seasons the chicken. I drain the liquid off and cook it down – lots of flavor that way.

I served spinach salad with bacon, green onions and chopped hard boiled egg.

I cook a pound of bacon all chopped up and save the drippings.
For the dressing I use equal amounts of drippings and rice vinegar with some (start with 1/2 teaspoon of each) Grey Poupon mustard, Worstechire Sauce and sugar (Splenda) mixed in. Heat in the microwave and pour over the spinach mixture. I can’t find the book with the recipe in it!!! I have been making this for years. For the pound of fresh spinach I used ½ cup vinegar and ½ cup drippings.

From Rachel Ray magazine:

1 spaghetti squash (about 3 1/2 pounds), halved lengthwise
1/3 C. grated parmesan cheese
salt & pepper
1 1/2 tsp EVOO
12 oz. sweet Italian sausage
1 bunch spinach, stems discarded and leaves coursely chopped
1/2 tsp. crushed red pepper

1. Place a squash half, cut side down, in a lrg. microwavable dish. Add 1/2 cup water and microwave until tender, 10 - 15 minutes.
Repeat with the remaining squash half. Discard the seeds. Using a fork, comb the squash into strands into a bowl. Toss with the parmesan cheese and season with black pepper.
2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, heat the olive oil over med.-high heat. Add the sausage and cook until no longer pink, about 6 minutes. Add the spinach and crushed red pepper and cook until wilted, about 2 minutes; season with salt and pepper. Serve on top of the squash.

Makes 8-10 waffles
1 cup vanilla protein powder (I use VPX Zero Carb)
1 egg
1/2 cup light cream
1/2 cup water
2 1/2 tablespoons oil
1 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
pinch of salt

“I think you will find these are just as fluffy and tasty as regular waffles with less calories and 0 or less than 1 carb each.” (ffrom person who gave the recipe)

Preheat a nonstick waffle iron waffle maker treated with cooking spray.
Beat egg well and then whisk in other ingredients until batter is smooth. Pour in hot waffle iron and cook for about 1 minute.
Pull out with a fork, spray “I Can’t Believe It’s Not Butter” (or regular butter if you choose). Cover with Davinci Sugar Free, Walden Farms or other 0 carb & calorie syrup.
Tip: Try Walden Farms 0 Carb Blueberry Syrup, too! - from Poster
Nutrition info for 1 waffle based on 8 waffles per recipe:
• Calories: 109
• Carbs: 1 gram
• Protein: 9 grams
• Fat: 8 grams

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter