MLinDisney and Kimpup CELEBRATE and GO DELUXE!! 1ST DR! TONS OF PHOTOS! COMPLETE

How cool you had the place to yourselves- even if was short lived. I love empty park pictures especially at MK. With a 8:00 adr I can get a clear pix of the castle without anyone in it. lol

I do think CP is pretty and like the characters but that's a steep price for breakfast!

This trip was unbelievable with empty parks! The weather was so good too!

How was LE CHEFS DE FRANCE?

I don't think I would have made it pass the slushies...

I'm posting Le Chefs now!!!!!:yay:

I loved your review of Sanaa and the animal photos were fantastic! Such a great view. I've never tried Indian food either but I'd be open to giving it a shot! And how fun that you were the family of the day at CP!:cool1: It must have been very cool to be the first ones in!

I loved this trip for the emptiness of the parks and restaurants and also for the lack of rain!!

Before we left for the outlets, we ate lunch at Chefs De France. We had an ADR for 2:00 so that we could see Remy at 2:50. We changed it to 1:00 back at the Poly and got there slightly earlier. We were seated right away in a window seat. Our waiter brought us bread:

IMG_0858_zps1511607f.jpg

The bread was ok.
Neither one of us had drinks, because we knew one of us would be driving to the outlets. Almost immediately we saw:

IMG_0859_zps509fe578.jpg

Remy! at the next table- heading for us!
It must have been a little after 1:00 so this must have been his 12:30 run around the restaurant. We saw him a little later when we were leaving at another table.

IMG_0860_zps56c3afda.jpg

Here he is at our table.

IMG_0863_zps1712f076.jpg

After talking to Remy for awhile we ordered our appetizers. I ordered:
IMG_0864_zpsce5094b0.jpg

Tomate et fromage de chevre Tomato and goat cheese. As you can see, I ate part of it yet again before I took a photo! :) I enjoyed this, but couldn't finish it. It was light, very thin crust. The tomatoes were fresh and the goat cheese mmmmm! I gave this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD gave it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
DD ordered:

IMG_0866_zpsca4c3fe5.jpg

Assiette de fromages de France Imported cheese plate. I tasted some of this, but I don't remember it. DD rated this: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

As we were enjoying our appetizer, we saw

IMG_0868_zpsd452947b.jpg

Marie through our window. She posed for awhile. Later we saw Belle and the Beast, but they walked out too fast and didn't pose.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST................

For my entrée I ordered:

IMG_0869_zps2e691d1c.jpg

Croque monsieur et sa salade verte The classic French toasted ham and cheese sandwich served with a green salad. I enjoyed this sandwich! It was crispy and gooey with cheese outside and inside and ham inside. I rated this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
DD just tasted the bread and liked it.
DD ordered:

IMG_0870_zps14b4f219.jpg

Gratin de macaroni Macaroni baked with cream and Gruyere cheese. I tasted this. It was very tasty. Both DD and I rated this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 She said it was very rich.

DD ordered coffee and I ordered Cappuccino. For dessert I ordered:

IMG_0871_zps49921c59.jpg

Vanilla Crème brûlée. I thought this was creamy and very good, but I love crème brûlée! I rate this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD didn't taste this.

DD ordered:

IMG_0872_zpscd2f296c.jpg

Mousse au Chocolot This was made very well. Rich and buttery. It is very similar to the taste of the chocolate moose at Lecellier. I rate this
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD rated it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 She loved it and agreed it was very much like the taste of Lecellier's "moose."

It was now almost 2:00. We paid and left to go to get the car to visit the outlets. This was one credit each on the dining plan. The total bill with tax but not tip was $87.79.

NEXT UP: FLYING FISH

Late checking in, but I am totally on board for the rest of your reviews! Your photos are great and I LOVE your restaurant choices! So many favorites! You clearly have great taste! :lmao: I love the photo of Marie peeking in through the windows, so cute!

Great update! You do have a great choice of restaurants!

And I'm jealous you went to the Flying Fish, I always wanted to try it! ;)

Late checking in, but I am totally on board for the rest of your reviews! Your photos are great and I LOVE your restaurant choices! So many favorites! You clearly have great taste! :lmao: I love the photo of Marie peeking in through the windows, so cute!
Thank you! That was a great seat by the windows on the side. We got to see characters come out from a gate and down a path on the side of the restaurant!!

Great update! You do have a great choice of restaurants!

And I'm jealous you went to the Flying Fish, I always wanted to try it! ;)
I'm going to post Flying Fish now!

We had just spent a few hours at the outlets and headed to the Boardwalk. We early for our ADR so sat in the lobby of the Boardwalk and then walked around the boardwalk area. We then went to check in still a little early. We got right in and were seated.

IMG_0875_zps5f4e30c5.jpg

I like that fish scale pole over there.

IMG_0876_zps063412a3.jpg

Here's a close up of it. We didn't order drinks because we were going to be driving that night. The Waiter brought us bread service:

IMG_0874_zpsfac5cf58.jpg

Potato and chives bread. Next we ordered appetizers. I ordered:

IMG_0879_zps00c15c18.jpg

Eco-friendly/Sustainable Shellfish Appetizer:Floribbean Wild-caught Gulf Shrimp Cocktail Watercress, Spiced Radishes, and Palm Hear ts with a Horseradish-Piquillo Cocktail Sauce. This was good with the cocktail sauce. I didn't like the salad underneath. I gave this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD didn't try my appie or entrée.
DD ordered:

IMG_0878_zpscd3721f0.jpg

Crispy Sesame and Togarashi-scented Calamari Spiced Green Papaya, Wakame, and Vegetable Slaw with an Asian-inspired Dipping Sauce. The calamari was kind of over cooked. It tasted like it was slow cooked in oil. It wasn’t crispy it was sort of crumbly. This wasn’t the best calamari we had this vacation. We both rated it :thumbsup2

For my entrée I ordered:

IMG_0881_zpsacfdcbe8.jpg

Potato-wrapped Red Snapper over a Rich Leek Fondue with a Veal Glace de Viande, and Red Wine-Cassis Butter Reduction. This is their signature dish. This was excellent! The leeks and whatever else was under it was delicious in the sauce on the sides. The crispy potato didn't even taste like potato. This was perfect! I rate this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 I wish DD had tasted this one!
DD ordered:

IMG_0882_zps1a7097fe.jpg

Char-crusted Angus New York Strip Steak Finger ling Potatoes, Haricot Vert, Young Carrots, and Bermuda Onions with Classic Sauce Foyot. I didn't taste this. I loved my dinner. DD rated it: :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 She said she loved those potatoes the best.

CONTINUED IN NEXT POST........................

Next we both ordered coffee and dessert. For dessert I ordered:

IMG_0883_zps391bd030.jpg

Caramelized Banana Napoleon Crisp Phyllo, Banana Mousse, Crème Caramel, Exotic Fruit Coulis, and Bitter Chocolate. This was good. I liked the banana mousse and caramel flavor. I rated this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD also rated it :thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2
DD ordered:

IMG_0884_zpsbc10f258.jpg

Sinful Chocolate Indulgence -treusel-crusted caramel mousse, chocolate marshmallow cream-filled profiterole, chocolate sorbet, flaked salt-dusted chocolate caramel. I liked the salted chocolate caramel the best. I give this :thumbsup2:thumbsup2 DD gave it
:thumbsup2:thumbsup2:thumbsup2

The best part about this meal was the signature red snapper. We were there about one hour. This was two credits each on the dining plan. The bill was $139.29 with tax but without tip

NEXT UP: USING UP SNACK CREDITS!!

Ohhhhhhhh your meal at Flying Fish looks fantastic. I am so, so, so drooling over here looking at your appetizer and dessert! Gorgeous presentation and everything looks so fresh and scrumptious. I'm so sad to look at these and think that we could have eaten here for the same price as Narcoossee's! :sad2: Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you! :lmao:

The snapper looks so good!

so, after all the restaurants which are your favs and which would you cross off the list?

I loveeee chocolate mousse and that dessert your DD got at LC looks scrumptious... as does that chocolate dessert from FF! Clearly your DD and I have identical tastes in sweets.

Really enjoying your reviews! I just finished reading your Jiko review and I have to say that Zebratini looks amazing! I'm considering upgrading to the DxDDP for our next trip so we can try some signatures and that drink will definitely be mine, lol!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! :goodvibes

Ohhhhhhhh your meal at Flying Fish looks fantastic. I am so, so, so drooling over here looking at your appetizer and dessert! Gorgeous presentation and everything looks so fresh and scrumptious. I'm so sad to look at these and think that we could have eaten here for the same price as Narcoossee's! :sad2: Thank you for letting me live vicariously through you! :lmao:

Try it out next trip! :goodvibes

The snapper looks so good!

so, after all the restaurants which are your favs and which would you cross off the list?
I'm posting the snack credits now, then I'll post favorites - that's if the electricity holds up here :scared1:

Oh that makes me so excited to try Flying Fish on our upcoming trip!
Do you have room for it on your upcoming trip?

I loveeee chocolate mousse and that dessert your DD got at LC looks scrumptious... as does that chocolate dessert from FF! Clearly your DD and I have identical tastes in sweets.

Yes chocolate is a fav of hers!

Really enjoying your reviews! I just finished reading your Jiko review and I have to say that Zebratini looks amazing! I'm considering upgrading to the DxDDP for our next trip so we can try some signatures and that drink will definitely be mine, lol!

Thanks for sharing your experiences with us! :goodvibes

I don't know if I'll do the DxDP again. It was great to try out so many different restaurants, appies and entrees though.

We had so many snack credits leftover on our last day. After we finished eating at Flying Fish, we went into Epcot and headed over to Karamell Kuche in Germany. We picked up some caramels:

IMG_0888_zps49d15619.jpg

German Chocolate caramel. 1 snack credit, $3.95.

IMG_0889_zpsffd1ab70.jpg

Not sure what the name of this is, but it was like a turtle. Everything at Karamell Kuche was delicious! This was also 1 snack credit, $3.95.
Next we headed to France to get pastries and passed the Kiosk by The American Adventure that sold pretzels. We picked these up:

IMG_0898_zps1806bab9.jpg

Two Jalapeno cheese stuffed pretzels! We had these at AK one day and had to have them again! We ate these two at my Mom's house! They were each 1 credit and $4.29 each, total $8.58.
We also picked up:

IMG_0899_zpsb32f713c.jpg

Sweet Cream Cheese Pretzels. These were also good but not as good as the Jalapeno pretzels. We ate all of our snack credits at my Mom's house, but one of these were left in her freezer, which she enjoyed after we left! These were also 1 snack credit each and $4.29, total $8.58.
We walked over to the bakery in France and bought these snacks:

IMG_0893_zps6282328e.jpg

A napoleon and almond triangle. I tasted the Napoleon. It was excellent. I didn't taste the Almond triangle. Each was 1 snack credit. The Napoleon was $3.70. I couldn't find the almond triangle price online, so I'll put it down as $3.70. Total, $7.40.

We then left Epcot through the International Gateway and headed for The Boardwalk Bakery, to get some pastries we looked at before dinner.

We bought:

IMG_0891_zps4b77d209.jpg

Cheesecake brownie. This was delicious. 1 snack credit, $3.99.
We also bought from the Boardwalk Bakery:

IMG_0894_zps41502daf.jpg

Their version of a Napoleon. It was good, but not as good as Boulangerie Patisserie. This was one snack credit, couldn't find the price, but I estimate $3.95.
The last item from Boardwalk Bakery:

IMG_0896_zps1373462d.jpg

I don't know the name of this Mickey oreo cupcake. This was just ok. I don't know why, but I didn't have a cupcake that I was crazy over on this trip. I liked them, but were not great. I'm going to try another one or two on the next trip.
This was one snack credit, $3.95. Total spent at Boardwalk bakery, $11.89.

We then headed back to the car, which was parked right there at Boardwalk to drive back to Poly to get the luggage. One of the small carry-on luggages was stored in the refrigerator because it had some snacks in it. We put all of the snacks we bought in that to keep them cool on our ride to my Mom's house. Here are the snacks we bought that morning at the Main Street Bakery with some of the credits:

IMG_0897_zpsca547987.jpg

Two Cinnamon rolls. We had some of these for breakfast one morning and bought two more. These were just as good as the first ones that we had for breakfast! These were $3.99 each, 1 snack credit each, total for both, $7.98.

We also bought these:

IMG_0885_zps5fda3c12.jpg

Chocolate croissant and plain croissant. The chocolate was pretty good and the plain was buttery! We ate these and the cinnamon rolls for breakfast while at Mom's house. Both one credit. The chocolate croissant was $2.79 and the plain $2.29. Total, $5.08.

We had such a great time hunting down these snack credits!

NEXT UP: FAVORITES AND SUMMARY

All those snacks look so good!! I can't wait to try some of them in January - especially the caramels and pretzels!! Great report - too bad it had to come to an end.:)

Great report! I enjoyed reading and looking at all the food!

That cheesecake brownie looks really good. I'm going to try that on our next trip!

All those snacks look so good!! I can't wait to try some of them in January - especially the caramels and pretzels!! Great report - too bad it had to come to an end.:)

Thank you! I'm posting a summary now.

Great report! I enjoyed reading and looking at all the food!

That cheesecake brownie looks really good. I'm going to try that on our next trip!
Thank you. I'm posting a summary now and I will definitely do a mini dining report for my January trip!

DD and I decided to make a summary of all our favorites on the trip. I also added up all the bills (not including alcohol, OP and tips.) I'll include that at the end of the favorites.

APPETIZER:

DD's favorite:

Panadas from Citricos!
Her runner up:

Bobotie rolls from Jiko.

My Favorite appetizer:

IMG_0225_zpseac3e006.jpg

Cheddar cheese soup - Lecellier.

My choice for runner up :

IMG_0175_zps33bcc37d.jpg

Sautéed Shrimp from Citricos.

Our entrée favs:

DD's Favorite:

IMG_0228_zpscbb9a8ab.jpg

Filet Mignon with macaroni and cheese - Lecellier.

Her runner up:

IMG_0777_zps209eaf26.jpg

Beef short ribs (on the left), Sanaa.

My first place entrée:

IMG_0454_zpsdaa6f9ad.jpg

Sod the Stew from Raglan Road!! - If anyone has this recipe, please let me know!

My runner up:

IMG_0881_zpsacfdcbe8.jpg

Potato-wrapped red snapper, Flying Fish.

Our Favorite Desserts:

DD's and My favorite:

IMG_0290_zps460ba60c.jpg

Ooey Gooey Toffee Cake!!!!!!!!!!! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

My runner up:

IMG_0548_zps8570261a.jpg

Pistachio gelato, Via Napoli.

DD's runner up:

IMG_0229_zpsfc226632.jpg

Chocolate Moose, Lecellier.

Best snack credit:

I loved:

IMG_0886_zps2b90cc9f.jpg

Chocolate caramel with sea salt ( on the right), Karamell Kuche

DD chose as her favorite (which is also my runner up)

IMG_0898_zps1806bab9.jpg

Jalapeno cheese pretzel! - Animal Kingdom, Epcot

I also chose a favorite breakfast:

IMG_0420_zps74835947.jpg

Eggs Benedict, Grand Floridian Café.

Breakfast Runner up:

IMG_0583_zpsdb2d454c.jpg

IMG_0584_zpsb8855d61.jpg

Tuskerhouse Buffet.

The Deluxe dining plan cost $85.52 per person for 7 days, for a total of $1,197.28 that we paid for the two of us. I added up all of our receipts for meals, snacks, two refillable cups, but I didn't include the amounts for the coffee and drinks that we put inside the cups. I also didn't include, alcohol, OP meals and tour meals, and tips. The grand total is $1689.70. We saved $492.42. This explains why the Deluxe dining plan is going up to $99 per person.

We both enjoyed trying out all the different restaurants and meals. We know what we like now and what we want to try again. I would probably always go OP and only order what we really want. Also I wouldn’t eat three big meals with three courses each day. I would recommend the deluxe for anyone who wants to try out many restaurants and different types of meals.

We are really looking forward to our January trip where we will be OP and I will be doing another DR!!!!

Nice summary! There are so many things I want to try in January but don't know how to fit them all in!! Looking forward to your next DR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter