MK Train?

mattypies

Earning My Ears
First timer here trying for a strategy!

If I at MK for rope drop can I easily take a train over to Frontierland. I want to ride Splash and BTMR first. I figure if I put my 2 children on the train first then i can bypass all the stops we will have to make on the way to Frontier and they can take it all in without me saying "keep going we are going to have to wait in line!"

The maps do not show trains or train stops and I am confused, do you just flag one down?

Heather

The Frontierland train station is right between Splash Mountain and BTMRR. It would probably be quicker to just walk over to Frontierland. The train is parked directly in front of the Main St train station for the opening ceremony and starts it's first trip around MK as everyone starts to enter the park after the ceremony. You would have to wait for the train to make a complete trip around the park before you could get on. You could be to Splash and BTMRR in 10 to 15 minutes on foot.

I agree it would be a lot faster to walk it. Normally if it wasn't opening ceremony it would be faster but they do their first morning loop non-stop. Frontierland would normally be the first stop, toon town is second and then Back to Main street station.

The train that you see in the Opening Ceremony (The Magic Kingdom Welcome Show), has been specially modified to accomidate the performers, and can not be used to transport guests around the park. Once the show is over that train will head back to the roundhouse to be stored and cleaned for the next day.

It is not until all the show cast have cleared the train station that the first guest train can pull in. That usually happens around 10 minutes after the park opens. You can take the train and beat most of the rush, but you will not be the first ones on the ride. You will however still have a very minimal wait once you get to either mountian, you are not going to get there 13 minutes after the park opens and have an hour long wait. Get off the train, get a FastPass for Splash Mountian, then go ride Big Thunder (maybe 2x) and by then your FastPass window will be open.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter