MK 3 AM Club - Check In Here

Babe the Blue Ox

DIS Veteran
We made it until 3 on Sunday June 1. I never knew the monorail shut down at 2. Started at AK at 9 am with a few hours of DHS in the middle.

Anyone else?

We made it until 2:30. We also started the day at DAK and then back to the room during the rain. The kids did a hidden Mickey scavenger hunt at the resort. Went to MK about 8pm and didn't get back to the room until 3:15am. The boat took forever!! The kids, 7 & 12, did great!! We slept in Monday and used our 1:30 FP+ for Soarin' to start our day at Epcot.

Curious to see who is in the club! We made it to 2:00 last Sunday. We started the day at 7:30 at DHS and also went to Epcot. Waited for a solid 45 minutes to ride SDMT at 12:30 but everything else was walk on. Excited to see later park hours- this could really change our touring schedule in a positive way!

Dang, are we crazy? When we were at dis in May we did 10am-2am we spent the whole day there and plan on doing the same for our 2 day mnsshp trip (obviously just until midnight). Then flying back home at 11 am the next day lol

We used to do them every time when we traveled at Easter time, but have had earlier closings over the past years with our Fall trips. However, I am pleased to announce that we are rejoining the club for our upcoming trip. We have 2 days where we are doing rope drop to 3 am and then another one where we are having a pool morning and only arriving at MK in the late afternoon. It's one of the best parts of our trip. We do rope drop because we know to do it but at the heart, we are night time people.

The last few times we have been there, park closings have been a bit earlier, and we have not had the steam to go that long anyway.

In previous years though, it was not unusual for us to be there from park opening until 3 am on EMH evenings, done it quite a few times over the years.

During the 24 hour day, we did 6am-2:30am or so in MK and then we immediately went over to DHS to campout for Warwick Davis (attempted to nap on the ground for an hour or two) before staying till 9pm. That was a long day.

We are planning on doing this for the first time ever on our upcoming trip. I didn't know the monorail stopped running at 2 am either, but for us, we will need a bus, as we'll be staying at the Yacht Club. I presume the busses are running at 3 am?

We are planning on doing this for the first time ever on our upcoming trip. I didn't know the monorail stopped running at 2 am either, but for us, we will need a bus, as we'll be staying at the Yacht Club. I presume the busses are running at 3 am?

Yes, we stay out every chance we get. :thumbsup2

And FP+ just made the next day even better.

WDW2012-3173.jpg

We are for sure part of the 3 am club .... Coming from the west to east we are last to leave the parks and then takes so long to get to bed. Must drink a few cocktails and try to sleep earlier : )

Curious to see who is in the club! We made it to 2:00 last Sunday. We started the day at 7:30 at DHS and also went to Epcot. Waited for a solid 45 minutes to ride SDMT at 12:30 but everything else was walk on. Excited to see later park hours- this could really change our touring schedule in a positive way!

We got in line at 12:04 and rode SDMT in 33 minutes.

We were at MK til 3am on June 1-2. Maybe we were in a line with you, polyfor4!

Started June 1 with a 3 am wakeup call to get to HS by 3:30 for the John Ratzenberger autograph line. Made it through lunch at HS, then back to the room for a nap, then to MK for dinner through 3am. SDMT was 32 minute wait (posted at 60) when we got in line at 1:30 am. Only thing we didn't make it on was Pirates- it went down around 10 or so and never came back up. But got Space 3x, Buzz 2x, 3 sets of villains in SOTMK, and 10 minutes or less on everything else.

Is Starbucks open pretty late for caffeine?

Starbucks closes at 3am. It's a hard close so you have to be there before 3am otherwise you're out of luck. ;) Last trip, we walked in at 2:55am. They closed the doors at 3am. A few people knocked but were told they were closed.

We closed Magic Kingdom down at 1am last night. It was amazing! We actually had 3 kids with us (two 7 year olds, and an almost 4 year old), and we had them take a good long nap/rest in the afternoon/evening, then had a late dinner, and hit MK at 11pm. They did perfectly well, all stayed awake, no meltdowns or anything. Obviously they're sleeping in this morning. :)

We walked right onto/into Ariel's Grotto, Dumbo, Barnstormer (rode twice without getting off, could have stayed on longer), Teacups, IaSW, BTMRR, Haunted Mansion, and Peter Pan! We tried to get one last ride on the carousel, but it was too late. So, we exited through the castle, and got some photos alone in front of the castle!

We started off at MK in the morning, and it was boiling hot, really crowded, and utterly miserable. We got literally three or four rides done before giving up and leaving. We were totally thrilled with how different it was coming back later at night. We're absolutely doing this again on Thursday!

I'm jealous of all of you! I have never been able to be at MK that late, due to several factors. However, I have been looking at posted hours for my upcoming trip and noticed that MK will be open until 3am on one of the days we will be there. I will be traveling with DD17, DS 15, and DD BFF, 18 so I think this year it's a go!!

So excited!!

Back in Christmas 2011, we stayed til about 2:45 on our MK night. By the time we were walking out it was 3. It was amazing! Walk on rides, quiet park, Christmas decor all to ourselves..

Count us in! Coming from the left coast, late nights are easier for us than early mornings.

Made it to 3am at MK on 12/30 a few years ago. PM EMH ran until 3; characters came out around 2 and were just hanging out with the guests. My ds (then 6) rode the carousel with Pluto, then got to ride Dumbo with Goofy. Amazing!

The next day we made it to 3am at DHS. The park was pretty packed at midnight for the NYE fireworks, but was almost empty by 2:30. TSMM was a walk on - we rode 3x in a row without waiting.

Love going at Christmas time just for the late nights!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter