mixology class ?

One thing we discovered to be important in a mixology class is to bring a smartphone to do audio recording of the recipes if you want to be able to replicate them later. After one or two of the first drinks, I guarantee you won't even remember what you drank, much less how to make it.

We've done: wine (twice), tequila (twice), beer, mixology, martini, champagne, whiskey but have not yet managed to do the cognac (we'll try that next time). All very interesting, learned lots of new things and I am now a confirmed tequila and whiskey drinker (both of which I never liked before) now that I know what the good stuff is and got a chance to try different brands to find out what I actually like.

We are on Fantasy Eastern Caribbean 8/15 - is that your cruise? We are planning groups to do several of these classes and can't WAIT!

OK, missed these on our last Magic cruise, will be sure to do this on the Fantasy come Nov. 7th... Does anyone know what the offerings are on the Fantasy??? I think DW would like mixology and martini's, and maybe margarita/ tequila class???

Cheers
Dittymau

Can you prebook these or do you have to be on the ship to do it? we are doing a 7 night Eastern Caribbean in August - any recommendations as to best class?
We did the general mixology class a couple of years ago and are planning to do it again on our cruise in 9 days. My husband is not much of a drinker, but he really enjoyed it. I AM a drinker, and I thoroughly enjoyed it. We mixed our own mojitos and tried a lot of other drinks. I think I drank some of his. A few people were chosen to mix some drinks for the group. I would not do this the day before you disembark unless you've packed up first...just sayin. :)

Definitely interested in checking it out. How do you go about signing up for this? Do they advertise it in the daily activity sheets?
It will be listed in the Navigator you get at check in at the port. It's best to check out signing up on embarkation day for best choice of times.

Has anyone done the mixology or any class like this on the Wonder? Do they hold it at a bar area or public area etc? We will be on the 10/01/15 San Diego to Ensenada 3 day.

Has anyone done the mixology or any class like this on the Wonder? Do they hold it at a bar area or public area etc? We will be on the 10/01/15 San Diego to Ensenada 3 day.

We've had Mixology and/or tastings on 3 of the 4 ships (both Classics as well as the Fantasy), and I've never seen them do any sort of these kind of tastings in a public (or semi-public) venue. For the most part, the tastings are held in one of the bars in the Adult area (Sessions/Keys on the older-style classics for Mixology and wine). We did have one wine tasting in Parrot Cay. They've done some tastings (cognac, I think?) in the Cove Cafe. On the Fantasy, Mixology was in the Skyline, limited to about 16 people, and everyone made drinks behind the bar. That was probably the best Mixology experience I've had!

They held it in Cadillac lounge? Only have been on the Wonder once but I'm pretty sure that is the name of it. It was a bar.

Are you in the meet up group for this cruise? I posted on our page last night about trying to get a private mixology class scheduled. Going to email the CM listed in this thread today for more info.

I can't wait for the champagne tasting! Can anyone tell me about the chocolate tasting? Is it available on the 4 day Dream?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter