mixology class ?

lulucornbread

DIS Veteran
Can you prebook these or do you have to be on the ship to do it? we are doing a 7 night Eastern Caribbean in August - any recommendations as to best class?

Can you prebook these or do you have to be on the ship to do it? we are doing a 7 night Eastern Caribbean in August - any recommendations as to best class?

We did three different ones on our recent cruise and they were all excellent. Go with what interests you most. And don't forget to have something to eat beforehand! We were astonished at how much the ship was rocking after the classes! Just remarkable!

We have done private Mixology classes with a group of DISers (we had three classes on our last cruise) - these can be booked in advance. otherwise, you can book Mixology or other tastings with Guest Services once onboard. We have done Martini tastings, which were great. There are also Tequila and wine tastings, as well as general mixology.

Sorry to ask a dumb question but what is a Mixology class and do they charge for them? How long do they last? We will have out DS with us but hope to be able to do more adult activities this next cruise.

We just went to a mixology class on the magic last week. It was $20 a person and lasted about 45 minutes. We have now done 3 mixology classes on 3 different ships - some you make the cocktails, others they talk about history of the alcohol, etc. The last one was fantastic - Claudette the bartender made it really fun - it was in keys and she even offered the recipes. most drinks were premade, but we mixed a raspberry mojito and added grand marnier to a B52 shot.

Sorry to ask a dumb question but what is a Mixology class and do they charge for them? How long do they last? We will have out DS with us but hope to be able to do more adult activities this next cruise.

It is $20. per person . You make 5 drinks. We have done it on the Fantasy and we got to make all the drinks. They ask for volunteers. We just got off the Wonder and they had all the drinks made but 2 people were asked to make one of the five. So 10 people were hands on.

One was a Planter Punch, one was a tequila sunrise , manhattan , apple martini and a B52 (these were the ones just done on the Wonder)

They had left over for people that didn't show up so yes the ship was rocking when we left. :lmao:

It really depends on the bartender. Some you get more types of drinks but smaller glasses, others you get full drinks but fewer (usually 5). It's definitely worth your money either way! They are around 45-60 minutes long depending how many people are there.

So there are Martini tastings, beer tasting, wine tasting, mixology class, chocolate tasting... Am I missing any? Want to make sure I pack them all in! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

So there are Martini tastings, beer tasting, wine tasting, mixology class, chocolate tasting... Am I missing any? Want to make sure I pack them all in! :thumbsup2:thumbsup2

We've also been to rum and whiskey, I've seen cognac listed, and there are usually multiple types of wine (some combination of Old World, New World, Reds, Whites, Sparkling/Champagne).

The longer the cruise, the more opportunities. And usually the "same" tasting isn't the same twice - even on the same cruise. :banana:

I was just on the Dream and did the Tequila & Margarita one day and Mixology the next. T&M was private because no one else signed up. That was cool. Mixology was a full class and it was a blast. We mixed our own drinks. The only thing that kept us from getting totally sloshed was the fact they had us using small shakers. There was group at the bar with me that were all friends and they had a great time.

We did the sparking wine/ champagne tasting on the Dream. Loved it!!!!!!! I have also done the tequila tasting.... Fun but you really need to like tequila.

Sat in on a mojito class (by mistake - was supposed to be in mixology) our last cruise in November.

We've also been to rum and whiskey, I've seen cognac listed, and there are usually multiple types of wine (some combination of Old World, New World, Reds, Whites, Sparkling/Champagne).

The longer the cruise, the more opportunities. And usually the "same" tasting isn't the same twice - even on the same cruise. :banana:

Aaaaand my list just grew! :cool1:

I have done the Margarita/Tequila, Mojito, Martini, Italian Cocktails, Mixology and Champagne tastings. They all been fun.

I have also seen beer, wine and cognac tastings.

Wow I'm not much of a drinker and am a VERY light weight but these classes sound fun! Yeah I'm sure the boat would be rockin when the hour was up :lmao:

Wow I'm not much of a drinker and am a VERY light weight but these classes sound fun! Yeah I'm sure the boat would be rockin when the hour was up :lmao:

DH & I did a Mixology class on our last cruise. We don't drink much either, so we just tasted the drinks we prepared. But, even just tasting 5 different drinks before dinner (no food in tummy) can lead to some perception problems. :laughing:

We (well, at least I) enjoyed it.

My husband and I did the Cognac Tasting on our Disney Dream cruise. It was awesome and we learned a lot about its history and the companies that make Cognac. But it was strong! Hennessy is one of my fave drinks but I am not used to drinking cognac straight. We both felt good after though!

DH & I did a Mixology class on our last cruise. We don't drink much either, so we just tasted the drinks we prepared. But, even just tasting 5 different drinks before dinner (no food in tummy) can lead to some perception problems. :laughing:

We (well, at least I) enjoyed it.

LOL! :rotfl: Too Funny!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter