Mixed Marriage 2: The Conversion Continues..... now complete

Um...FlipFlop you MUST be living in an alternate universe than we are. You actually found someone to watch ALL 3??? at the same time??? when you drop them off, RUN!! that crazy person may change their mind!! Congrats, and I am very very jealous!

And... Yippee... Twinkie's back!!! :bounce:

Twinkie...... you has us at Hello :cool1: :cool1:
Now can you give us some more????? Please, please?????
Great TR Twinkie, can't wait to read the next one.P.S......
My secret to finding someone watch
your kids at any time..... :listen: (I have 5 from 17 to 4,
you don't have to ask the the older ones to babysit, you just say,
"by the way kids, you are babysitting tonite!!!"LOL!!!
Hope yours are better soon Twinkie :wave2: :wave2:

I'm subscribing; can't wait for more. I loved your report last week and was thrilled :bounce: to find part 2 tonight. Great job.

Woo Hoo! Another twinkie adventure!

I lurked my way through the last one but had to say hello :wave2: and woo hoo :cheer2: about this one!

Looking forward to it!

I thoroughly enjoyed your first trip report. I found it just as you were finishing it which was terrific because I didn't have to wait for new installments.

I can't wait to read more about this trip. So far you are off to a great start! Except this time I have to wait for updates. Anticipation is a good thing, right?

Thanks for sharing!

The result of all this is that now we have 2 incomes, no daycare (just afterschool care), no tuition, and no lawyer to pay. We went from diving for dimes in other people’s couches to living well within our means in just a few months. We have been living so frugally for so long that I decide that I would rather save money for something awesome (like furniture or a Disney vacation) instead of just starting to eat out all the time or shop recreationally. Also, I am settling in to my job which is hard core research which means two things…1. the “re” part of research is not a joke, you repeat things over and over, thus giving your brain kind of a rest while your hands are busy 2. I am doing all these experiments where you do something and then wait 2 minutes, do something else, wait 10 sec, do something else wait 10 minutes. My office, containing a computer, is just off my lab. :surfweb:

I bet it is no surprise to you, dear audience, what happens next…. Disney lover with some extra pocket money and access to internet throughout the work day….
Yes, I discover the DISboards….. :disrocks:

Since I have merely gotten a graduate degree and not a brain transplant (although in some disciplines I hear the two are not much different) I mostly lurk on the Budget Board. The Budget Board of late ’99 was far different from the Budget Board of today (which I still enjoy)… back then it was full of tips on how to go to Disney World on a tight budget as opposed today when it is about budgeting/saving/couponing. Back then there were two distinct camps… those who were just interested in sticking to a budget (even a large one) and those who needed (or wanted) to do Disney on a shoestring. So the posts kind of alternated between the following genres:

I am so excited about the new AP rate!!! We are saving over $4000 on our 17 night Poly concierge stay in March. Now we can afford a quick trip to the Grand Floridian in May in addition to our week in October. DH will be so excited when we check in because I told him we would be slumming in a lagoon view room at the Contemporary!!!!!

And:

Just back from WDW and had to share this great budget tip. We strapped a couple of metal thermoses to the top of Bubba’s stroller (which we bought at a garage sale for $2.50) after walking around all the day in the Florida heat the water would boil and then I could throw in some Mickey shaped pasta bought a Publix and wha la! Mickey mac-n-cheese for the kiddos! I could do this while we were waiting in line for Splash Mtn. DH and I used the other thermos to boil water for coffee. I use extra coffee grounds wrapped in little baggies made of old panty hose. Add powdered cream and the free ice you can get at any vendor. Then shake it while you ride the tea cups and then you can enjoy an iced cappuchino while waiting for Dumbo!!

So under these conflicting reports I start to feel conflicted- I know we can do Disney on a shoestring but I really am intrigued by the idea of saving and having a big luxury vacation… What to do? What to do? :confused:

And since I am employed with such wonderful benefits, we decide in the fall of ’99 that now would be the perfect time to have a baby….

Great TRs...I got hooked on the first one and can't wait for all the sequels....you have a very enjoyable writing style!! :sunny:

whoops I did it again...
Here you are on Page 3 reading an alleged trip report and so far there hasn't been a trip... yikes..
well I guess I did start off leaving WDW so technically that was a trip... anyway, I do promise that at some point between 1998 and 2006 we return to WDW....
and mad props to gigi1313 for her detective skills (in the first thread)...

(you know what I love about the dis... I can say things like "mad props" which just don't fit into my real life persona as Kansas housefrau and mother of 4...)

pink eye is much better, no food is being eaten off the floor at all as I am busy cleaning, washing stuff in bleach and generally disinfecting things

chip91-I am racking my brain over your screen name. You were not by chance a working at WDW in 91? with Dale? I bet you were but it is a big big secret.... hmm...

anyway thanks to all for your get-well wishes and kind words...

I loved your report on the differences on the budget board. You about had me ZZUBing on the mac and cheese though. Yuck :crazy:

I'm finally at the advanced age of 31 are finally half way through my graduate degree program (MBA). It amazes me that I've come this far as I never believed it would ever happen.

Even though this is years late I wanted to congratulate you on your education :cheer2:

don't worry Minnie- I actually made that up... The actual posts from 1999 budget board were just as funny but I didn't want anyone to feel bad... especially as I remember the content but not who actually posted them...

in all fairness, there were also lots of good tips most of which I used on my next trip....

Twinkeemama, you are a natural born story teller, I am hooked, I can actually picture your scenes in my mind.

TwinkieMama,

I have a couple of questions for you: are you sure that is the correct way to spell mama? That is the way I would spell it, but you come off as someone who would spell it momma. I mean, you reached adulthood without knowing what a nab was for crying out loud. Have you ever called your mama, mama? I bet you haven't.

Remember, I am the REAL Mortimer Mouse, I know all!! :wizard:

Mortimer- the last person who questioned my spelling on a thread was thereby deemed Pedantic by 1000thhappyhaunt
I think she is right. :)

In regards to your questions: yes that is how I would spell mama, you should know that because that is how I spelled it
(fyi I could give you a large list of alternate spellings as well if you are truely interested)
no, I have never called my mama, mama because I am not a Southern Belle which I clearly stated up front

any other questions?
thanks for posting and have a magical day! :wizard:

Well, since the pink eye is cleared up...and you're obviously just about done with the cleaning and disinfecting....

Does that mean we get a new "installment" tonight. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter