Mission space ride caution

OP thank you for your info. I always wondered how severely closed-in MS was, mostly because the "avoid riding if uncomfortable with confined spaces" warning is even on SSE.... and I do fine with that ride. Sorry this happened to you, but thanks for sharing your experience! :)

I rode that ride once and that'll do me for the rest of my life!

There are many, many warnings about this ride BEFORE you get in.
I don't have those issues, but it sure was uncomfortable for me. Glad I experienced it but never again.

With the warnings I wish they'd show a video of a person's eye view of experiencing the panel closing in on you. I knew it was confined but them telling you about it does not in anyway describe how confined it is. The verbal warnings are not descriptive enough. I didn't realize it would be as horrible as it was.

I personally stay far far away from this ride. Then again, I have had issues with elevators. On our last trip I even almost panicked on RnR when we came to an early stop at the end and I couldn't get out of the restraints while I could hear other trains ON the ride. I freaked out that those trains wouldn't stop and we would all die and "OMG WHY CAN'T I GET OUT!?!?".

Yea, it was bad. Funny to think about now but horrifying at the moment for me. I do not do closed in spaces or being restrained for an extended period of time.

It's probably a good idea if you are claustrophobic and not sure to always ask the CM before you get on a questionable ride.

They warn you several times before boarding that you shouldn't ride if you are not comfortable with enclosed spaces. They mean it.

They do! Several times. They also tell you not to close your eyes (I think this warning may only be on Orange) and I recall the warning being repeated when we were actually on the ride. I remember because I had an overwhelming urge to close mine :rotfl2:

This ride sounds horrible! What do people like about it ?

Not everyone feels it's horrible. I love the experience. And I've only been on the non-spinning side.

With the warnings I wish they'd show a video of a person's eye view of experiencing the panel closing in on you. I knew it was confined but them telling you about it does not in anyway describe how confined it is. The verbal warnings are not descriptive enough. I didn't realize it would be as horrible as it was.

But it's in the eyes of the beholder. I find the pictures make it look MUCH smaller than it actually feels to me. And that was even when I was nearly 80 pounds bigger. DH, who still has a long way to go on his weight loss journey, feels the same. (but he's not claustrophobic in ANY way) The pictures make it look smaller than it feels *to us*.

see but sometimes that's the problem even with the warnings you just may not know I have lived almost 6 decades, never in my wildest dreams did I think I had a problem with enclosed spaces SM Splsh RNRC etc no problems

Oh totally. But I was specifically responding to the person mentioning " Most common complaints were dizziness vomitting and nausea. Of those 194 guests 25 people passed out, 26 people suffered difficulty breathing and 16 people suffered chest pains or irregular heartbeets. " Those were almost certainly caused by the spinning side. Yep, I just looked it up, and it was mid-2006 when the non-spinning side was opened. So those were from the spinning side.

Scans are awful. DH has a pituitary tumor and a huge noggin so he has to have the non-open MRIs every year or so. For some reason they can't just put his head in the machine; he has to go all the way in. He has to go over an hour way to the large-bore machine, and he's still touching the sides. He can't relax at all during the process. He can't wait for that tumor to be gone gone gone so he can stop having those MRIs. And like I said, he's not claustrophobic. It's just that scans are terrible.

I could either take or leave Mission space. It all depends on how I am feeling that day, and what I had for lunch,lol.:lmao:

I feel bad for the OP's bad experience, but there are plenty of warnings before you get to the actual ride. If in doubt........skip it.
Warning sign says it all........... "enclosed dark spaces" . I would think, that would be enough for me if I was claustrophobic.

Mission%20Space%20Warning.1.jpg

For anyone else who is nervous about MS and havent tried it ...........your not missing much ! :crazy2:

Syndrome

I think they kind of do. Not exactly from the front but the side. Not sure if it showed you from the perspective of the rider that it would show it any better how it comes in on you.

I just wonder how long they will keep you in the ride vehicle when a delay is needed. Is it five, ten...? I know we waited five. If we ever do it again, I will ask the loading CM right before I get in. I don't think my dh will ever go again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter