• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Miss it so much your heart aches?

We lived in Ohio when WDW opened, and we would come down once a year, sometimes twice (hit the childhood jackpot one year when we visited three times) and it was always hard to leave. Then we moved to Florida, about two hours away, and we started staying on property for longer, and visiting more frequently. It got even harder to leave. Now I live in an Orlando suburb, and I can go for day trips any time, but I still get upset when checking out of a Disney resort, and I was just sitting here today thinking "two weeks ago, I was checking into the Beach Club" and remembering what I was doing. If you're a true Disney fan, moving here doesn't get rid of the addiction - it just makes it more pronounced. And I have to say, as much as I enjoy the day trips, there's nothing better than staying there! There's just no comparison.

What I have found helps is planning the next trip. Even if you aren't at the point where you are ready to commit to making the hotel reservation, think about which hotel you want to stay in, keep up with the menus at your favorite restaurants, and most importantly, start budgeting for that next trip. Every time you add another few dollars to your Disney account, you're one step closer to getting there.

Some people get it, some people don't.

thanks all! im going to go plan vacation even though its years away. That way, it'll be *perfect* when i finally get to go again:banana:

thanks all! im going to go plan vacation even though its years away. That way, it'll be *perfect* when i finally get to go again:banana:

That's the spirit!! You might not be able to go as often as some of the regulars here, but Disney isn't going anywhere, and you WILL be back. Keep your eye on the deals, you never know, you might be able to afford a trip sooner than you think. And start saving! ;)

BTW, as others have mentioned, Disney on Ice is *always* our February fix! And don't forget to go out and see The Princess and the Frog!

I visit the boards quite frequently, read trip reports, catch everything Disney related on TV, and of course watch our videos and planning video. It helps a little, but it is nothing like being there!!:lovestruc

I too love it at Epcot and try to go a few time each month. Every time I'm leaving thru the exit I think about going right back in.

Obviously you haven't read any of the posts on this thread. To you, it may just be an amusement park, but to some of us it's much, much more. The entire resort holds memories and makes people feel at home. That's how it is for me- it's home. And everyone gets homesick. Just because you haven't felt the extreme love for the place doesn't mean it doesn't exist.
I really could not have said this better myself. This is exactly the way my DH and I both feel. We just got home from a beautiful two weeks at the Beach Club and we were still not ready to leave our second home. It doesn't matter how many times we are there, we feel the same way. We also have the same ache in our hearts as you and start planning our next trip even if we're not sure when that will be. Plus, we are always on the boards, even if we're not posting, we are reading and it does help.

When I miss WDW I listen to tons of Disney music and relive memories and better times. But nothing cures the Disney blues like being there. Leaving on Sunday :banana:

I know this pain. There is no cure but you can lessen it by sticking on board, what I do, visit local Disney store and smell it, it smells like Disney, really. Watch Disney shows, specials on Travel and Food networks. Watch Disney Travel on demand, if you have it. Order planing DVD, watch Youtube and start saving and planing.

Exactly what I do;)! It helps some on the DisBoards, when you can talk to people as much in love with Disney as you are.

I feel your pain OP. We have been fortunate enough to visit 1-2 times per year for about the last 8 or 9 years. Over the last 18 months our business totally tanked and we have not been for over a year. We even had to sell our DVC:eek:. I think if I make my wife watch the planning video one more time she might kill me!

Scott

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter