• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Miss it so much your heart aches?

mana

Earning My Ears
so this may seem silly considering i just went to the world for the first time this past summer. But when I went I fell in love with it, especially Epcot, (so much so i nixed the planned second or third days at all the other parks in order to keep going back to there. I could not get enough of that place!:lovestruc).

Anyway, I miss Disney World so much, it practically makes my heart ache! I missed it so much I stopped scanning and posting on the disboards until now because reading everything made me sad, knowing i wouldn't be able to afford another vacation to disneyworld for at least 2 years.

What do you all do to ease the ache of missing the most magical place on earth?

Pop my planning DVD or a favorite Disney movie in the DVD player, get a quart of Ben and Jerry's Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough ice cream and let the waterworks start....

Seriously, I had to skip last year (I had to go on a cruise with my mom to Bermuda - sniff, sniff) and I went this year. Got sick halfway through the trip and never fully recovered. Never got to MK or most of DHS. I was miserable when I got home; had a good cry, pulled out my ressie for next year and started daydreaming about it already.

so this may seem silly considering i just went to the world for the first time this past summer. But when I went I fell in love with it, especially Epcot, (so much so i nixed the planned second or third days at all the other parks in order to keep going back to there. I could not get enough of that place!:lovestruc).

Anyway, I miss Disney World so much, it practically makes my heart ache! I missed it so much I stopped scanning and posting on the disboards until now because reading everything made me sad, knowing i wouldn't be able to afford another vacation to disneyworld for at least 2 years.

What do you all do to ease the ache of missing the most magical place on earth?

I know this pain. There is no cure but you can lessen it by sticking on board, what I do, visit local Disney store and smell it, it smells like Disney, really. Watch Disney shows, specials on Travel and Food networks. Watch Disney Travel on demand, if you have it. Order planing DVD, watch Youtube and start saving and planing.

I do the opposite... I spend a lot of time on here reading other people's trip reports. I can live vicariously thru them:cloud9:

I am afraid I will have to cancel this trip in February because my friend is backing out. I cant afford to do it by myself since we were splitting the cost. To help, I quoted a trip for next December. Reading everyone's reports and all these Disney Holiday specials that have been on really makes me want to be there to see it all. I've been talking it up to my mom so hopefully we can do that instead. It helps a little.

The post-trip blues seem to be a common thread lately and it's hit our household hard too. We also watch the planning DVD like PP and this year we went one step farther. Before we left we purchased tickets to a number of Disney stage shows. We'll be seeing the Playhouse Disney show in January!

At the end of our last trip, I didn't think there would be anyway we would go back this year and I did the opposite of all of you ... couldn't come on here and the planning DVDs were just way too sad. We managed to pull off our Christmas trip for this year and are planning on a trip to Calif/Disneyland next summer. No idea what will happen after that so even though our trip is still 10 days away I am already starting to feel sad thinking about it being over in 18 days!

I like to "ride" the rides on Youtube. There are some great videos with all of the sounds too! Especially if you love EPCOT you can get all of the major attractions on there.

Also, save your tickets, receipts, even shopping bags as souveniers. And if you stayed on property and happened to bring home a bar of soap and/or a bottle of the leftover shampoo, use it and enjoy the real "resort" smell all over again.

Yes, some of us have got it bad too (and I was just there two weeks ago)! Let's see, I was headed to AK at 3:49pm on Tuesday the 1st. Rode EE three times and went to ride Dinosaur but it was broke down.

I always get super sad afterwards. I feel like I am out of sorts for a while every single time. Our whole household gets the same way. BUT those who don't or haven't experienced the Disney fever just do not get why lol. Trip reports help ease it for me. I can visualize all the little moments.

My kiddos and I curl up on the couch or our bed and watch YouTube, I bought the Park DVDs from WDW and the Music for Christmas, we Go to the store and peruse, plan our next trip ;)

Don't feel bad, it was my DH's first trip and he's already talking about when we can move down there b/c he wants to work for them LOL

I miss it every minute of the day ... hopefully i can work for disney soon so i can live it breath it and just enjoy it:banana:

I feel the same way. I like to read lots of trip reports. I usually learn new things to try on my next trip. And I look at my photo albums of previous trips.

Oh yes! In fact today I have been a bit blue remembering that exactly three years ago we were at WDW and I even looked back through my pictures of what we did on 12/15/06. I have been back several more times since then, and have a trip planned for three months from now but even so, my heart aches!

I love WDW so much. To ease my pain, well I plan another trip! I always have to have something "on the books" so to speak. Even if its not booked, I have to know about when we will go and where we will likely stay etc.

Disboards helps but only if I have a trip planned. If not, well its so painful I cannot come on the boards!

I moved here!!

:)

hopefully i can work for disney soon so i can live it breath it and just enjoy it:banana:

^ I'm hoping to do both of these soon :goodvibes

I totally understand this feeling. I have it all the time. Like others said- I watch Disney TV shows, Watch old planning DVD's (And VHS!). I watch TONS of videos on YouTube.. that's probably my favorite way to get rid of the Disney blues, although sometimes it just makes it worse....

We miss not only the rides, but the PEOPLE at Disney. We've been there so many times in the last few years we've come to recognize several cast members and it's just like running into family when we see them again in the parks.

I think it's the castmembers who make the magic. :wizard:

*sigh* I want to go back...and I was just there a month ago! :rotfl:

i did what everyother level headed normal disney fan does. i dropped everything moved to florida and purchased annual passes and go as much as possible!!!!!:goodvibes

We do so much Disney related. We watch movies, listen to Disney music, plan an upcoming trip (even if it isn't for a couple years....at least you are planning or dreaming about Disney), load Disney ring tones onto our cell phones, etc! I have "Yo Ho" because it reminds me of Pirates of the Caribbean and "Zip-a-Dee-Do-Da" (sp?) because it reminds me of Splash Mountain. My DH has the Mickey Mouse Club March! We took it a step further not too awful long ago and joined the vacation club so that we always know we will be going back at some point. People at my work think I'm crazy because everything we do is Disney related but, at the same time, I have one friend who told me that I'm so much fun to shop for because it is so easy. Get something Disney and you know you will bring a smile to my face! We also have so many Disney books...books about the parks, books about Walt Disney ("How to be like Walt" is great) himself, etc. We find that we can immerse ourselves in the spirit of Disney World without even being there. Of course, it is not the same but it helps!! I'm happy you have found this love because it truly is a great feeling. It can't be described to somebody who has never felt it...at least not very effectively. I hope you find magical ways to make it through to your next Disney vacation.

I'm always longing to go back. We have an annual trip at this point, every Thanksgiving, so we actually take some time to look at other hotels while we're there to get set for the next year. We actually never stop planning :):):)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter