Miss Independent takes on the World, a May 2014 Solo Trip

Day 5 5/4
4 Parks 1 Day Part 6:
"Star Light, Star Bright..."
Before I start the update, in 36 hours I will be in Orlando. OMG I'm so excited!!!!! I did want to finish up this day before I left so... on with the show.

Ok, so when I last left off I was on the monorail being whisked away to the Magic Kingdom. I made it there a little after 9.

I stopped to take some pictures of the attraction posters.

I love these.
When I hit Main Street, the Main Street Electrical Parade was going on so I watched it. No pictures tho.
Once the parade ended I headed into Starbucks. I needed some caffeine if I was going to make it until 2am.

A little #coffeewithcharacter never hurt anyone.
I made my way over towards the Tomorrowland bridge and settle down to watch Celebrate the Magic. I am so blown away by this show.
Next up was Wishes!

After Wishes I made my way back to Storybook Circus. I love this area at night. All the lights and stuff, it's pretty magical.

No better feeling than flying high above Fantasyland :)

Day 5 5/4
4 Parks 1 Day Part 7:
MSEP Again, But I'm not Mad
Once I got off of Dumbo I made my way over for some adventures under the sea.

Some day I would love to be DVC.

I headed over into Fantasyland and Snow White and Aurora only had a 10 minute wait so I jumped right in line. I'm glad I did because I got to go through the Standby queue. I love all the portraits.

First up was Disney's first princess, Snow White. She was absolutely precious. So incredibly sweet. I adore her.

Aurora was also sweet. We had a nice little chat.

Next I headed of towards Liberty Square.

I stopped at Sleepy Hallow. I was dying to try the Nutella Waffle Sandwich.

Oh my gosh! This was absolutely incredible! I highly recommend this!
I found myself a seat with a nice little view of the castle and enjoyed my snack.

And what did my little eye spy... The MSEP!

Yup. I watched it again. But I'm not mad LOL
After I finished eating I headed over to Splash Mountain. Regular park hours were almost over. It was pretty dead at this point and it was a walk on.

That silly Brer Rabbit.
It was so dead here, I got my very own log! Woohoo! VIP ride on Splash Mountain.

Day 5 5/4
4 Parks 1 Day Part 8:
EMHs

Once I got off of Splash, EMHs had started. I made my way over to Big Thunder Mountain. Let me just tell you, people are DISGUSTING! All through the queue there was garbage everywhere! Cups, bottles, food... it was awful. Seriously people, throw out your trash! There's God knows how many trash cans, just throw it away. Seriously! What are these people teaching their kids? They disgust me.
Anyways, I digress.
After the wildest ride in the wilderness I headed over to the Haunted Mansion which was finally up and running. Yay!

I made my over into Fantasyland next.

And at last I see the light...
I went on Peter Pan's Flight and then went next door and caught Mickey's Philharmagic (I am so sad it's under refurb right now).
I headed over to the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. On the way I saw a CM do a cool water drawing of Mickey

After Winnie the Pooh, I slowly began to make my way out, taking lots of pictures along the way, admiring the magic of the Magic Kingdom at night.

Partners <3

2am!!!!! I made it!!!!!!
I headed out and back to Pop and fell right into bed.

Today's pin trades.

We must have been right near each other during Wishes and just not known it because there were 8 million other people around.

Eventually I'll stop talking about what a bummer it is that we never ran into each other, Hahahah.

Looks like such a fun night! You really can't beat EMH.

I know, I know. It's been a while. I'm sorry. I came back from my trip 2 weeks ago and of course was suffer a little PDD (post disney depression).
It was the most fabulous trip. I had so much fun. I got to see some Dis-ers, some IG friends and even someone from the You Might Be a Disney Addict facebook group. MNSSHP was absolutely AMAZING! The weather was practically perfect (I didn't use a poncho at ALL). I finally got to catch character palooza and rode the Mine Train.
But that's all for another trip report LOL. Time to get back to this one. Hopefully I'll get this done in the next few weeks and then it'll be time to tell you about September.
Anyways... Back to May...
Day 6 5/5
Part 1:
Changing Up the Original Plan and Doing Something Different.

So originally, when I was planning my trip, I was going to start off at the Animal Kingdom, hit up EPCOT and celebrate Cinco de Mayo with my favorite Disney Duck, and then hit Hollywood Studios for EMHs. I even scheduled FP+ for early in the day for the Animal Kingdom.
But then.... Park Hours got extended for the Magic Kingdom on the 4th and I was determined to stay until 2am (which you all know I succeeded in doing). So... while I was enjoying EMHs on Sunday night, I decided I was going to switch up my plans. I signed right into MDE and cancelled my Animal Kingdom FP+ and then started checking availability for Hollywood Studios for the evening of the 5th (I mean hey, I might as well try for a TSMM FP+, right?)
I ended up being able to score FP+ for Tower of Terror, the Great Movie Ride, and Toy Story Midway Mania (score!)
So I decided my new plan was to sleep in, head to Downtown Disney for shopping and lunch and then EPCOT and Hollywood Studios.
I ended up waking up around 8:30 (super late for a Disney day lol) and took my time getting ready.
Then I headed over to Downtown Disney where I just browsed, bought a couple of last minute things, and pin traded.

T-REX! I love this place! I didn't eat here this time, but I had to take a picture because it's just awesome.

My little Sea Monster friend is another thing I feel compelled to capture every trip. It's just not a Disney trip without him LOL

Donald doesn't seem to enjoy pin trading as much as Daisy.

Awwww Genie! RIP Robin Williams :(

Can I have this in my house? Please???

I decided that I was getting hungry and I stopped for lunch. This was a new place for me. One that comes highly recommended here on the Dis....

Wolfgang Puck Express!!!!!
Holy cow was this place amazing. If you have never gone, you have no idea what you're missing.
I ended up getting...

Macaroni and cheese. Yum!!!! It was cheesey goodness on a plate. It was one of the best mac and cheese I've had. Probably second, and only to Le Chefs de France in EPCOT.

And creme brulee for dessert.
I was full and happy so I headed back to Pop.

Fun shadow mouse ears :)

We must have been right near each other during Wishes and just not known it because there were 8 million other people around.

Eventually I'll stop talking about what a bummer it is that we never ran into each other, Hahahah.

Looks like such a fun night! You really can't beat EMH.

Hahaha I can't believe we practically went the entire week just missing each other. :laughing:

Just found your trip report. I'm really enjoying your pictures and adventures. They make me want to make a solo trip too! :) Thank you for sharing!

Day 6 5/5
Part 2:
Donde Esta Donald Duck?

I got back to Pop and did a little packing since tomorrow was going home day :(
And I changed into my 3 Caballeros shirt. It was Cinco de Mayo and I was all about making sure I stopped off at Epcot to meet everyone's favorite Disney duck... Donald!

Oh, Epcot... you're just so perfect.
I headed back towards World Showcase and Mexico. And of course took a few pictures along the way.

I stopped of to take a quick ride on the Grand Fiesta Tour and I headed outside to wait for Donald's next set. I was like the 3rd group in line.
We waited about 20 minutes and then it was time to meet Mexican Donald!

He was checking out my pins and...

He found a Donald!!! He was very excited over my shirt too. And of course I told him he was #1

Ahhhhh I just love Donald! He's so cute. Don't get me wrong, I adore Mickey and he's super sweet, but I do love Donald more. I just love Donald's personality and temper.
Next I headed around World Showcase.

I did stop in France for a quick visit with my favorite princess.

It was time to make my way out through the International Gateway. I was hopping over to Hollywood Studios and what better way to get there than to take the relaxing Friendship Boat?

Good bye Epcot! It was a fabulous trip!

World Showcase character meets are so much fun. Donald IS number 1, I agree! :)

OH and P.S. I was in Epcot that same time! I mean, OF COURSE. I was in Future World though, hahaha.

P.S. Again. I just realized you had lunch in your last update, went back to Pop and THEN came to Epcot, so I probably was not in Epcot anymore... I was probably in Stormalong Bay so close enough! Hahahah. I don't know why I'm telling you this... :lmao:

World Showcase character meets are so much fun. Donald IS number 1, I agree! :)

OH and P.S. I was in Epcot that same time! I mean, OF COURSE. I was in Future World though, hahaha.

P.S. Again. I just realized you had lunch in your last update, went back to Pop and THEN came to Epcot, so I probably was not in Epcot anymore... I was probably in Stormalong Bay so close enough! Hahahah. I don't know why I'm telling you this... :lmao:

Epcot is practically the Beach Club, I mean Epcot is really the Beach Club's back yard so... LOL
Stormalong Bay looks so amazing. So jealous you got to stay at the Beach Club. Someday I hope to stay there. After they're rehab tho lol

Day 6 5/5
Part 3:
Wait... No Gangster?!? Cool!
When we last left off (and I know it was a while ago. Work's starting to get crazier. 'Tis the season #retailproblems) I was heading over to Hollywood Studios via the Friendship boat. I love these, its so relaxing. Yeah, it does take a while but it's a nice little break from the "Go, Go, Go!!!!" of the parks.
I got to Hollywood Studios and I spotted this little gem...

Survey Marker!!!!
I just love finding those.
My first stop of the evening was a little date with my favorite Studios attraction. When I switched my FP+ from Animal Kingdom to Hollywood Studios, I was able to snag a 6:10-7:10 FP+ for Tower of Terror.

Going up? Or, what goes up must come down ;) OMG I love this attraction!
Once I survived my free fall, I just wandered around a little. I had no real game plan on what I wanted to do.
I was walking by the American Idol Experience and there were CMs outside trying to entice people to come see the finale show. It was just starting and since I wasn't really doing anything, I headed in. Now, I am very much not a fan of American Idol. Never watch it. Ever. The American Idol Experience was never anything I felt I had to do. I saw it once, like 5 years ago, after it first opened. It was all right, but not my thing.
The finale show, had 4 of the best winners of the day. And they were really good. I surprisingly enjoyed it. The first guy sang "Crazy Little Thing Called Love". The second was a cute little high school girl and she sang Taylor Swift's "Love Story". The name of the next song escapes me, I just remember he was really talented and he ended up winning the day. The last guy sang "Unchained Melody" and it gave me chills. All in all, I had a good time, but that still doesn't make me sad it's gone.
Next, I headed over to...

One Man's Dream!!! I really enjoy walking through here. I could spend all day looking around. And I adore the film at the end.

Thank you Walt, for living your dream and letting us all be a part of it.
I headed over to the Great Movie Ride. I had a FP+ for 7:45-8:45.
I got down to the front of the line and... they were running 2 cars! And I was being loaded into the first car! And, of course, we all know what that can mean...

The elusive Cowboy scene!!!!!
In all of my years going to Disney World, and the countless times I've ridden the Great Movie Ride, this is only the second time I've gotten this scene. And, honestly, the first time I got it I had no idea what was going on hahaha!!! But this time, as you can see, I was ready.
Other than the addition of Mr Cowboy, it was a pretty routine journey through the movies.
At this point I was getting kind of hungry. Even though it was against my better judgement, I headed over to the Commissary. My last experience there was pretty poor, but choices at the Studios are pretty limited, so...

I do love the TV memorabilia in here. My family are big fans of the Middle LOL
I ended up getting a cheeseburger and fries with a coke. It was much better and quicker this time. The food was nice and hot and the fries crispy. But the dessert... oh Lord! The dessert made this meal. I got.... the Darth Vader cupcake!!!!

Lets look at that cupcake a little closer...

It was chocolate with peanut butter frosting. OMG it was so good! If you ever get to go to Disney around Star Wars Day/Weekends, get one!
I took a quick trip on Star Tours next. Once again I was not the Rebel Spy. And I got the stupid Pod race scene... AGAIN! Ugh.
Next it was over to Pixar Place and some Toy Story Midway Mania. I was lucky enough to score a 9-10pm FP+ for this.

Mr. Spell was working!!!

After this I headed over to Voyage of the Little Mermaid to catch the 9:45 show. Good show, as always. Once I got out, it was after 10 and that means EMHs!

Day 6 5/5
Part 4:
A Nightmare Fantasmic​

EMHs had begun and I made my way down Sunset Blvd. I wanted to catch the 10:30 showing of Fantasmic. I like Fantasmic, and it's cool, but it's not something I feel I need to do all the time.

The worst part about Fantasmic is trying to get in and out of the theater. It just feels like such a long walk. But I made it in plenty of time. I can't remember which section I was in but I was a few rows from the front and I was to the left of center.
Now for some crappy Fantasmic photos lol

Since the exit of Fantasmic is right next to my beloved Tower, how could I resist it's call?

The detail in the queue is amazing!
I bid my Tower farewell, until next time.

I headed back over to the Hat (can I just mention how not disappointed I am that they're getting rid of the Hat? I always thought by blocking the Great Movie Ride, it ruined the Old Hollywood feel.)
Mulch, Sweat and Shears was playing, so of course I stopped for awhile and watched.

These guys are so much fun to watch!
I decided that it was time to head out. I still had tomorrow morning to play so I wanted to get up early to finish packing and drop off my bags before headed to Magic Kingdom.
I headed back to Pop and got ready for bed.

Last of the pin trades :)

Day 7 5/6
Part 1:
The Best Way to End a Trip

Today was a sad day. It was "they're making me go home, why won't they let me stay" day. :(
My alarm went off and I hit snooze a couple of times. I finally got up and showered. I headed down to get some breakfast (a bacon, egg and cheese bagel) and then headed back to the room to throw the last few things in my suitcase.
I grabbed all my things and headed down to airline check in and got my boarding pass and dropped off my bag. I gave my carry on bag to bell services and jumped in line for the Magic Kingdom bus.
My flight wasn't until 6:15 and the Tragical Express wasn't picking me up until 3:25 so... what better way to end my trip than spending time at my favorite park? Especially when I made it to the gates by 8:45am, just in time for rope drop! Yay!!!!! This totally made up for that day when they weirdly skipped the morning show.

Ahhhhh I just adore the Magic Kingdom. It really is the Happiest Place :)

The Dapper Dans are looking quite dapper this morning!

My first stop was a 9-10am FP+ for the Little Mermaid. Then I headed over into Tomorrowland for a little snack.

A french vanilla ice coffee float from Anti Gravity's, yum!
I headed over to the Haunted Mansion for my 10-11am FP+
On the way, I stopped to admire the beauty of Punzie's tower.

The 999 happy haunts were behaving themselves today :)

"Your cadaverous pallor betrays an aura of foreboding, almost as though you sense a disquieting metamorphosis..."

RIP Mr. Toad

Day 7 5/6
Part 2:
Some Last Minute Fun

After the Haunted Mansion, I headed back into Fantasyland. Time for some Mickey's Philharmagic!

Hades!!!!! My favorite villain!
I stopped to watch the Royal Majesty Makers.
They were really funny and entertaining.

I went over and rode the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. After that I decided to get some lunch. Where did I go?

Be Our Guest! Yup, second time this trip. Sorry, not sorry.
Once again I got the croquet monsieur and pomme frites and the strawberry cupcake for dessert.
After lunch I headed over to Adventureland. I had a 11:45-12:45 FP+ for Pirates of the Caribbean.
Then I went on the Jungle Cruise.
It was super hot at this point so I ended up in the Enchanted Tiki Room. Not my favorite but air conditioning is a good thing.
I headed over to Sunshine Tree Terrace and got a Citrus Swirl.

This was such a cool and refreshing treat.
It was around 2 at this point so I browsed through the shops on Main Street on my way out.

I stopped to listen to the Main Street Philharmonic. They were playing my favorite march, Stars and Stripes Forever!

Good bye Magic Kingdom!

Day 7 5/6
Part 3:
Goodbye, For Now

I headed out of the Magic Kingdom and made my way to the Pop Century bus stop.

Good bye, Grand Floridian!

Good bye, Polynesian and Contemporary!

Good bye you beautiful monorail!
I headed back to Pop and got my carry on from Bell Services. I grabbed a drink and browsed through the gift shop.

Darkwing Duck trivia! "I am the terror that flaps in the night!" I miss Disney afternoons...
The tragical express picked me up at 3:25 for the saddest ride of the trip.
Security lines at MCO were crazy, but I made it through and made my 6;15 flight to Denver (Yuck. I was stuck going from MCO to Detroit and then Detroit to Boston)

Good bye Orlando!

Sometimes you need a snack at 30,000 feet...
We landed in Detroit and I had a little bit of time before my flight to Boston, so I grabbed some Taco Bell for dinner (yuck, but my options were pretty limited)
My flight to Boston was at 9:45

Bye Detroit!
My flight was pretty uneventful. We landed in Boston at 11:20, I grabbed my bags and headed home and crashed.

Last Thoughts, Souvenirs and Things
Overall, this trip was amazing. The weather at the beginning of the trip was pretty wet, but I through on a poncho and made the most of it. The end of the week was beautiful.
I loved seeing the Flower and Garden Festival. The topiaries were beautiful. Can't wait to do it again.
The food was yum. I had some pretty amazingly delicious snacks.
The crowd weren't bad, wait times were pretty manageable.
I love Pop Century and my room location was perfect.
I did some awesome pin trading, interacted with some amazing CMs and met some cool people.
I had such a good time that about 12 hours after I was home this happened...

This was also an amazing trip. I'll be starting that one in the next couple of weeks, so be on the look out :)
Of course, I did a little shopping ;)

My Disney Vera!

These are the best earrings!

So... that's the long and short of my May trip. Thanks for reading along! You guys are awesome! Disney friends are the best :)

I enjoyed following along on your TR! Sounds like you had an awesome time. Thanks for sharing, I'm excited now to hear about September! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter