• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mini Cereal Boxes - Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not here to dispute a rule about taking things off the ship. I'm just telling you what we've done I our last 3 cruises (Oct 2011, Feb 2012 & June 2012).

We always grab boxes of Granola cereal and believe it or not, DD 5 1/2 likes the Fiber One flakes to snack on as well. I grab those, bananas with little cups of peanut butter from the buffet in the AM. I also make up little boxes of trail mix from the buffet with the nuts, dried fruit & coconut from the breakfast buffet. I have "tiny" single serving sized Tupperware things from the Target dollar spot & I fill up 2 on our port days with it.

Healthy. Protein. Great nourishment!

DD does have one guilty pleasure - fruit snacks. I get ones made without HFCS, but that is the one and only snack I will bring along. Last cruise, she got 3 packs in the DU welcome basket & like 6 packs in the FE & was crazy happy. They actually work out well to take to the beach & to an afternoon show :)

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

I haven't been on in a while to double check this thread, so I don't know what the parenting skill or lack thereof was about since it has been edited on that comment(apparently me, since I am the one quoted) but I did want to say that snacks are just that and you have to do whatever works for your family.
Aaklang--I have a child with food allergies also, and Disney does a wonderful job with it. I would suggest calling the cruise line and ask specifically what else or what types exactly of cereal they have if you have any qualms about it. There are LOTS of fresh options available on the ship and I am like you in that when you get off, you want to make sure you have something that will be safe for your child. If that means a change in regular diet, that is ok. Our bags were never searched (not saying they wouldn't be on another day) but I think if you have unopened packaged cereal, you should be fine. I hope you have fun!!

I haven't been on in a while to double check this thread, so I don't know what the parenting skill or lack thereof was about since it has been edited on that comment(apparently me, since I am the one quoted) but I did want to say that snacks are just that and you have to do whatever works for your family.
Aaklang--I have a child with food allergies also, and Disney does a wonderful job with it. I would suggest calling the cruise line and ask specifically what else or what types exactly of cereal they have if you have any qualms about it. There are LOTS of fresh options available on the ship and I am like you in that when you get off, you want to make sure you have something that will be safe for your child. If that means a change in regular diet, that is ok. Our bags were never searched (not saying they wouldn't be on another day) but I think if you have unopened packaged cereal, you should be fine. I hope you have fun!!

It wasn't you being edited, it was another posters comment to you.

:cutie:

Closing this thread since not all can post nicely and I believe the OP has gotten the info they were asking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter