Mini Cereal Boxes - Fantasy

Status
Not open for further replies.

aaklang

Mouseketeer
Does Fantasy have individual cereal boxes and, if so, would I be allowed to take them out of the dining room for my kids? We are trying to avoid packing tons of snacks to take with us when we go to the beaches and would love to be able to grab a couple of boxes of cheerios from the dining room before we head out.

is there anything else that is packaged and would be allowed off the ship?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

Yes to individual serving cereals and yes to taking them from the dining room or buffet. As to off the ship, that depends on the port--but generally yes.

We had one west coast cruise where the Mexican authorities (NOT DCL) inspected bags as we got off and took ALL food and beverages. I honestly think it was an attempt to get us to buy things in port.

Off the top of my head, I'm not thinking of anything else packaged and available in that form on the ship. You are welcome to bring packaged granola bars, etc. again at most ports.

As far as prepackaged foods go, there are also bags of lays regular and bbq potato chips at the grill area with the hamburgers etc and at cookies bbq's at castaway cay. You can take them with you for the kids. There may also be yogurt packages along with the boxes of cereal at the breakfast buffet, but i can't rememebr.

No one checked our bags for food or drinks or asked us about it, and there were no postings on shore (that we saw) asking not to bring food into nassau, st thomas, or st maarten, if that helps. I know re-entering the US mainland they are very, very strict, though (no fuits or seeds, no open packaged food or homemade food, etc). I'm sure other ports are as well.

Bring a bunch of small ziplocs with you for more options - you can always grab a muffin and take it with you, or order sandwiches from room service (I've heard of people doing this but have never done it myself).

I forgot about the chips. Yes, there is yogurt, but you'd have no way to refrigerate it.

Bring a bunch of small ziplocs with you for more options - you can always grab a muffin and take it with you, or order sandwiches from room service (I've heard of people doing this but have never done it myself).

Some ports will not allow you to bring in unpackaged food. Always check before you try this.

I don't know if you still can, but you used to be able to order uncrustables from room service and request that they not open them, but leave them in their original sealed package.

I don't remember there being Cheerios, maybe someone else remembers? I can check next week for you. The only reason I ask is we had this discussion at home and I ended up packing a couple of baggies with Cheerios.

You can also order them from Room Service if you do not want to carry them back to your room from the buffet, just make sure that when you order you state you do not want the milk.

We were on the Fantasy at the beginning of August and I know that then there was not Cheerios. I know because we were looking for them for our toddler to snack on. But they do have Fruit Loops. We found out that she LOVED Fruit Loops and we grabbed some every morning from Cabanas or had room service deliver some and those were our bribes on excursions and during the shows to keep her quiet.

Does Fantasy have individual cereal boxes and, if so, would I be allowed to take them out of the dining room for my kids? We are trying to avoid packing tons of snacks to take with us when we go to the beaches and would love to be able to grab a couple of boxes of cheerios from the dining room before we head out.

is there anything else that is packaged and would be allowed off the ship?

Thanks in advance for the advice!

DCL serves a small selection of Kellogg's cereals. If you have your heart set on Cheerios you will need to bring your own.
Some varieties they carry are Froot Loops; Multi Grain, Low Sugar Frosted Flakes; Raisin Bran; Corn Pops.

We were on the Fantasy at the beginning of August and I know that then there was not Cheerios. I know because we were looking for them for our toddler to snack on. But they do have Fruit Loops. We found out that she LOVED Fruit Loops and we grabbed some every morning from Cabanas or had room service deliver some and those were our bribes on excursions and during the shows to keep her quiet.

How about a Banana? Or sliced up apple, pear, orange or grapes as a snack?

Let's keep this thread about prepackaged snacks available on the ship and NOT about parenting skills.

Let's keep this thread about prepackaged snacks available on the ship and NOT about parenting skills.

Exactly, somebody asked a question and it should be answered as so. Also, some ports do not allow you to bring fruits ashore, cereals also hold up a lot better in the heat than fruit, fruits spoil quickly and cereals can be saved and eaten anytime.

Exactly, somebody asked a question and it should be answered as so. Also, some ports do not allow you to bring fruits ashore, cereals also hold up a lot better in the heat than fruit, fruits spoil quickly and cereals can be saved and eaten anytime.

Ok then, how about buying some fresh fruit from the "shops" that are at the beaches?
All of the beaches have food available so no need to bring food from the ship and worry as to if it is allowed or not.

Ok then, how about buying some fresh fruit from the "shops" that are at the beaches?
All of the beaches have food available so no need to bring food from the ship and worry as to if it is allowed or not.

I also stated, fruits spoil in the heat and cereals do not. If my child did not eat the fruit in within a short period of time and they eat it they may get sick. The cereal will not spoil and it is something that can be eaten and you do not have to worry about it going bad. Oh and how do you know how fresh the fruits are from the beaches? They are not regulated like in the US and we still have salmonella outbreaks with melons, lettuce and other produce in the US.

Thanks to all who replied relating specifically to the packaged foods and for the list of cereals they DO have.

Keggy, I'm on your sailing, but thanks for the offer to check for me. :D

My son has a lot of food allergies, so simply relying on what's available in the ports isn't a great option for us, especially if we can't find highly fluent English-speaking wait staff. I'm doing my best to research all of my options in advance so we know if we have to make arrangements to return to the ship for lunch, or if we can stay in port all day. Yogurt and uncrustables won't work for him, but some cereals and chips will.

We do plan to get fruit as well, but I have been told we probably can't take it off the ship at most places, so I don't want to rely on it. I'd heard we can't take sandwiches off either (and we can't know in advance if he can even eat the bread they have). And as for getting it in the ports, I do worry about it upsetting their stomachs. They'll be eating plenty of fruit on board, so I don't worry about giving them cereal or other dry snacks when we're off the ship.

Thanks again for letting me know what's available.

Thanks to all who replied relating specifically to the packaged foods and for the list of cereals they DO have.

Keggy, I'm on your sailing, but thanks for the offer to check for me. :D

My son has a lot of food allergies, so simply relying on what's available in the ports isn't a great option for us, especially if we can't find highly fluent English-speaking wait staff. I'm doing my best to research all of my options in advance so we know if we have to make arrangements to return to the ship for lunch, or if we can stay in port all day. Yogurt and uncrustables won't work for him, but some cereals and chips will.

We do plan to get fruit as well, but I have been told we probably can't take it off the ship at most places, so I don't want to rely on it. I'd heard we can't take sandwiches off either (and we can't know in advance if he can even eat the bread they have). And as for getting it in the ports, I do worry about it upsetting their stomachs. They'll be eating plenty of fruit on board, so I don't worry about giving them cereal or other dry snacks when we're off the ship.

Thanks again for letting me know what's available.

I wish you the best of luck and I know DCL will have something that your child can eat and tolerate. Everything will work out fine, have an awesome cruise:thumbsup2

If I were you, I would purchase some single serving snacks to bring along for your son on port days. I don't know what he can and cannot eat, but I know we are bringing trail mix in packets - there are lots of options out there. Certainly you can find something that works.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter