Mine train soft openings

Really hoping for the first week in March!!

I am thinking about a trip during the second week of March, though with Splash and the People Mover closed and probably no Mine Coaster, I may wait until August or December. While it looks like March may not happen for the Mine Coaster, it would be a nice surprise of it did (or at least trial runs/"soft" opening). Those who say a Mine Coaster "soft" opening at end of March or even April or May may be right. I am looking forward to the theming inside the ride, whenever it opens.

I heard February for a soft opening through a magic creator, but the MC didn't sound confident it would be the week I am there (first week).

I heard February for a soft opening through a magic creator, but the MC didn't sound confident it would be the week I am there (first week).

I hope you get to ride it in Feb! The recent pics of the Mine Train I have seen seem to indicate that quite a bit of the final details need work, which is why I think it will not be in soft opening status during the week I have been considering a trip to WDW: the second week of March. It is one of the reasons I have been considering a trip later in 2014 instead of going in March, though I am still undecided.

May the workers on the Mine Train have hearts filled with productivity!

I'm doing a quick trip very end of Feb. / early Mar. (just before SB starts) and I'm hoping they're doing a soft open by then. I've heard through the grapevine that a Feb. 2014 soft open was the target for a long while but also that they've started to question whether that's still realistic given the amount of work left to be done. So now I've started to see rumors about a pushback to late-spring. Here's hoping that those rumors don't turn out to be correct. :confused3

Here's to hoping that they are at least doing a soft open by march 21! DH and I are taking BIL for his 21st bday.

I am thinking about a trip during the second week of March, though with Splash and the People Mover closed and probably no Mine Coaster, I may wait until August or December. While it looks like March may not happen for the Mine Coaster, it would be a nice surprise of it did (or at least trial runs/"soft" opening). Those who say a Mine Coaster "soft" opening at end of March or even April or May may be right. I am looking forward to the theming inside the ride, whenever it opens.

Where are you getting the people mover will be closed? I can't find this on all ears. what dates have you heard for this closing

Where are you getting the people mover will be closed? I can't find this on all ears. what dates have you heard for this closing

Hi Joben, I found it on Mouseplanet.com under "Refurbishments and Attractions Closures" under the Magic Kingdom list: http://www.mouseplanet.com/10597/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update#Rehabs

According to Mouseplanet, the People Mover is scheduled to be down from Feb 10 through March 27th. It's one of my fav rides at Disney, and has been one of my favs since 1979. If I do go to WDW in March, I hope they finish the People Mover refurb earlier than projected so I can ride.

FYI - I am beginning to think the people mover will not be under rehab at those times. It was listed on the Disney site as being under rehab starting 2/10 which had us upset. The other non-official sites followed this and listed it as rehab for the same time. In recent days, the Disney site is now listing that the People Mover will be up the week of 2/10 and is now listing ride times available each day. I am a bit hesitant, but it did switch on the Disney site from rehab to being available - look under Things to Do - Attractions and put in the date you will be there.

FYI - I am beginning to think the people mover will not be under rehab at those times. It was listed on the Disney site as being under rehab starting 2/10 which had us upset. The other non-official sites followed this and listed it as rehab for the same time. In recent days, the Disney site is now listing that the People Mover will be up the week of 2/10 and is now listing ride times available each day. I am a bit hesitant, but it did switch on the Disney site from rehab to being available - look under Things to Do - Attractions and put in the date you will be there.

Thanks for the info, FiggieFan. Now I have some hope of riding People Mover if I go in March.

FYI - I am beginning to think the people mover will not be under rehab at those times. It was listed on the Disney site as being under rehab starting 2/10 which had us upset. The other non-official sites followed this and listed it as rehab for the same time. In recent days, the Disney site is now listing that the People Mover will be up the week of 2/10 and is now listing ride times available. I am a bit hesitant, but it did switch on the Disney site from rehab to being available - look under Things to Do - Attractions and put in the date you will be there.

Thank you for this!!!! :cool1:

Thanks for the info, FiggieFan. Now I have some hope of riding People Mover if I go in March.

Me too, me too!!!!

Now if only the Mine Train would open up by then!! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter