Mine train soft openings

I would say that the soft openings will start about two to three weeks before scheduled opening. There will be random days, CM preview days, AP and DVC Member preview days, general preview days, and then the Grand Opening for the Press.

I'm wondering what exactly you mean by AP preview days... will the APs be notified when that day is coming or will it just be a surprise for you if you just happen to be there??? I'm an AP so I would really love to know when/if this actually happens so I can be there!

We're going the last week of February and I'm really hoping for a soft opening by then! Realistically though, I don't think there will be. :(

I'm going mid may (10-17) and have read multiple reports all over the internet that late Feb/early April should have soft openings and that's at the latest, think people are underestimating how talented these imagineers are. I'm just worried that its not going to live up to the hype built around it.

Hope that thought is proved wrong! :confused3

Hi Joben, I found it on Mouseplanet.com under "Refurbishments and Attractions Closures" under the Magic Kingdom list: http://www.mouseplanet.com/10597/Walt_Disney_World_Resort_Update#Rehabs

According to Mouseplanet, the People Mover is scheduled to be down from Feb 10 through March 27th. It's one of my fav rides at Disney, and has been one of my favs since 1979. If I do go to WDW in March, I hope they finish the People Mover refurb earlier than projected so I can ride.

That is a very long closure, almost two months. I wonder what they are doing to it? We were just on it a few weeks ago. The queue and cars are in good shape. They redid the cars not too many years ago.

I guess they could be working on the window displays you go past, or doing some work on a building that would be too close to guests in the cars. It seems like if it was the displays, though, it would be part of a larger update to Tomorrowland.

Im goingin 58 days and SO hope Its up! It's been 14 years since Ive been! The last time I was there they were building Everest!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter