~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Hi all! I just wanted to share that I started a new blog! I will still be updating this one, but my new blog will focus on budget issues, money saving tips, and DIY. So follow me, if you want! :goodvibes

http://budgetfairytale.blogspot.com

My goodness, you've been busy!:thumbsup2
I hope that you're hands are doing okay, though. :hug: I'm SO happy to hear that you're taking this course and focusing on the stuff that's really important as a couple: finances, your life together, etc.

I love, love, LOVE the fact that you have "canoga park" in the Save the Dates, and the upstanding citizens brigade in the pictures. Did you or Tim draw those? They are so awesome!

Very cool! I love watching David Tutera's shows as well, and it must have been so cool to meet him :goodvibes

It was very cool! I was so nervous, though!

My goodness, you've been busy!:thumbsup2
I hope that you're hands are doing okay, though. :hug: I'm SO happy to hear that you're taking this course and focusing on the stuff that's really important as a couple: finances, your life together, etc.

I love, love, LOVE the fact that you have "canoga park" in the Save the Dates, and the upstanding citizens brigade in the pictures. Did you or Tim draw those? They are so awesome!

Thank you! A very talented friend drew them for us. Isn't she amazing??? :lovestruc

Mindy sweetie - I love your pics on the blog!! Congratulations on getting featured!!

And I'm sure your wedding pics will be on there too because they are going to be gorgeous!

Mindy sweetie - I love your pics on the blog!! Congratulations on getting featured!!

Well done. The photos are amazing. I can't remember seeing the last one before. This absolutely blew me away.

Corinna

congrats on the blog! Love love love your pics! So beautiful! :thumbsup2

You all are too kind, thank you! :grouphug:

It's high time for a proper update, dontcha think? Here's a collection of what I've been up to lately.

First off, I bought a dry-erase board to make a list of all the wedding things we have to do. :scared1: I wanted to have this hanging up somewhere so both DF and I could see it.

P28142306.jpg

(Am I missing anything? :laughing:)

Next, my first attempt at my ribbon veil. I just used a mish-mash of ribbons lying around. I ended up just tying the ribbon to the comb and I think it looks a bit sloppy. What do you guys think?

P28148108.jpg

Sitting a bit lower.
P28145407.jpg

AND FINALLY, I need some help! I need to pick our some pink tulle for under my dress and I can't decide! I went to Joann's and was overwhelmed by how many shades of pink there are!!!! So I finally narrowed it down to two shades, BUT - there is "matte" tulle and "shiny" tulle. Of course I am immediately drawn to the shiny tulle. BUT, I hate to say it, but I think the matte tulle is more vibrant. The shiny tulle actually looks a little dull to me! What do you all think?

Shiny tulle
P28135302.jpg

Matte tulle
P28136303.jpg

Side by side. Shiny is on the left, matte on the right.
P28133100.jpg

I know they look a lot alike, but it seems that in pictures, the shiny looks a bit dull and flat, which makes no sense! Am I crazy, ladies? What do you think? Shiny or matte?

I’ve known I wanted to marry DF for a while now and we had started talking about “when we get married” rather than “if we get married.” So I was beginning to wonder if he was ever going to ask me. A few of my friends thought that maybe he was waiting until I was done with school, but I was convinced he was so career-focused and a workaholic that he just wasn’t even thinking about it. So I had actually started to think about proposing to him on our April 2011 cruise. I was actually kind of getting excited about planning it, but now I don’t get to. :rotfl:

On Sunday 11/28/10, we had plans to go to Disneyland in the afternoon and evening to see the fireworks and snow. In my opinion, there is no better place in the world than Main Street during the snow. :cloud9: It is my absolute favorite thing ever and I always get very emotional. :cloud9: It was so cold here in So Cal that weekend and I was thinking I didn’t really want to go. DF said he wasn’t sure when he could go in December so we should just suck it up and go that night. So I said, okay. We got to Disneyland around 2pm and rode a few rides (Small World Holiday, Haunted Mansion Holiday, Pirates, Astro Blasters, Big Thunder) and ate chili bread bowls at Golden Horseshoe. It wasn’t too crowded and we had a pleasant afternoon.

DF seemed concerned about how windy it was all day and that the fireworks might be cancelled. I was thinking, “Wow, he really wants to see the fireworks this year.” Usually he is not too excited about it, or at least not as excited about it as I am. I told him that even if the fireworks get cancelled we should stick around because they will still do the snow. So since we thought the fireworks would be cancelled, I decided we should stake out a spot at the beginning of Main Street near the Christmas Tree, because it’s less crowded back there and we can make a quick exit. So we got some hot chocolate and found a bench near the tree, kind of facing the Mad Hatter. At around 8:30 they made the announcement that the fireworks show had been cancelled but they would be doing the snow (the announcement is much more magical and formal than that, haha). So we stood up and watched the lights on the Tree turn from color to white (for snow, duh) and then that magical version of White Christmas starts playing (I’m tearing up just thinking of it) and I hear the snow machines start whirring. :cloud9:

The snow started to fall and DF started talking to me, telling me he loved me and stuff. I was like, “that’s nice” because I was trying to watch the snow!!!! He had to kind of pull on my arm so I would face him, and then he said, “I love you very much and I want to spend the rest of my life with you …” And then … I DON’T REMEMBER BECAUSE I BLACKED OUT. SERIOUSLY. Allegedly he got down on one knee and asked me to marry him and I said yes, BUT I HAVE NO MEMORY OF ANY OF THIS. The next thing I remember we were hugging and crying, and I had the ring in my hand. I must have taken it from him?!?!?! I DON’T KNOW!!!!! When I snapped out of it I said, “OH, you have to put this on me!!” So I gave him back the ring and he put it on my hand. He said it was a temporary ring and I could pick out my real one.

5242710705_4a90bc5d8b.jpg

It is pink rhinestone Mickey ears and I love it so much. You will quickly learn that my favorite color is pink. It is actually too big for my ring finger so I plan on wearing it on my middle finger next to my real ring, once I get it.

After he put the ring on, I said, “wait, did I say ‘yes?’” And he said, “yes, you did.” And I told him I didn’t remember. Then I called my mom and texted my BFF. Then I said we had to go to City Hall and get our pins!!!!! So we ran over to City Hall and got our pins, and they also gave us a voucher for a free 8x10 picture from the PhotoPass! What a nice surprise. We took a couple pictures in front of the tree and in front of the castle. We wanted to get one by the tree since that’s where he proposed, but I didn’t like how I looked in any of them, so this is the one we chose:

5243304980_029e64f91a.jpg

Pardon my beauty, but DF didn’t warn me that I might need makeup and a hair brush so I didn’t have any of that with me. I don’t really wear much makeup anyway and when I go to Disney I travel light. So here I am, no makeup and “hat hair” from wearing my beanie all day. But, it is what it is and since there was no one taking pictures of the actual moment, I am glad we have this photo keepsake taken right after.

When we picked up our picture, the cashier asked when we got engaged and I told her just now, during the snow. She looked at her co-worker and said, “I was JUST SAYING how the snow would be such a perfect time for a proposal.” And I said, “It happened to me!!!!” I still was in shock.

So that’s our story for now. DF and I agreed to wait until January to start discussing things like budget and dates, since December is so hectic and busy as it is. But of course I can’t help but start looking at wedding things. I titled this our *potential* Disneyland wedding because I have dreams of getting married at the Rose Garden at the Disneyland Hotel, but we haven't really discussed it so I can't say for sure that is where we will get married. DF and I are paying for this ourselves and our budget will be very modest, so we need to meet with a planner and see if it could even be an option for us. (I think it could, but we'll see ...)

If you’ve read this far, wow, THANK YOU!

Next up, possible rings.

Mindy, I am going through your planning journal and have only gotten this far because now I am sniffling. What a beautiful proposal and I LOVE the temporary ring! I can't wait to keep reading!

OMG!!!! Your ribbon veil!!!!! drool drool drool drool

That is amazing and beautiful and I absolutely LOVE IT!

Mindy, I am going through your planning journal and have only gotten this far because now I am sniffling. What a beautiful proposal and I LOVE the temporary ring! I can't wait to keep reading!

You are so sweet, thanks!

OMG!!!! Your ribbon veil!!!!! drool drool drool drool

That is amazing and beautiful and I absolutely LOVE IT!

Thank you! Thanks for reading!

I agree about the tulle! My first thought was "Definitely sparkly" but when I saw the pictures, the matte definitely stood out more!

P28142306.jpg

Uh, YES! Where's the "I love you, I love you, I love you."?!? :goodvibes

Next, my first attempt at my ribbon veil. I just used a mish-mash of ribbons lying around. I ended up just tying the ribbon to the comb and I think it looks a bit sloppy. What do you guys think?
Um, It's cute... and I like it sitting lower. BUT, it needs to be mindy-fied. Ya know, like, beads, pearls... glitter? Sumthing. I really love it though, and even though it's tied to the comb, it looks AWESOME!

AND FINALLY, I need some help! I need to pick our some pink tulle for under my dress and I can't decide! I went to Joann's and was overwhelmed by how many shades of pink there are!!!! So I finally narrowed it down to two shades, BUT - there is "matte" tulle and "shiny" tulle. Of course I am immediately drawn to the shiny tulle. BUT, I hate to say it, but I think the matte tulle is more vibrant. The shiny tulle actually looks a little dull to me! What do you all think?
Just ask yourself this question:
How will the Roots photograph this?

It's high time for a proper update, dontcha think? Here's a collection of what I've been up to lately.

First off, I bought a dry-erase board to make a list of all the wedding things we have to do. :scared1: I wanted to have this hanging up somewhere so both DF and I could see it.

P28142306.jpg

P28148108.jpg

Sitting a bit lower.
P28145407.jpg

Shiny tulle
P28135302.jpg

Matte tulle
P28136303.jpg

Side by side. Shiny is on the left, matte on the right.
P28133100.jpg

I know they look a lot alike, but it seems that in pictures, the shiny looks a bit dull and flat, which makes no sense! Am I crazy, ladies? What do you think? Shiny or matte?

I love the idea of the dry erase board. I wish I had thought of something like this. This would have made things so much easier at times. We are on the home straight now. Six weeks from today, we will be on the plane flying to Los Angeles and 8 weeks from now, the vow renewal will be a lovely memory.

I love your ribbon veil and agree with the others that it looks nicer lower on the head.

I prefer the shiny tulle. I think it will look nicer outside as it will catch the natural light. Maybe you should buy a small about of both the shiny and the matt and then take photos under natural light before making the decision.

Corinna

Your "to do" white board is such a good idea!!! I feel like if I did that, DF would freak out! :rotfl:

As for the tulle... I agree that you could take a swatch of each fabric and see how it looks in the sun..

Or.. you could buy the matte tulle and then spray paint it with glitter spray! Best of both worlds. ;)

So I of course would usually go for the shiny much like you.. but I vote for matte. It is much more vibrant. You can always spray it with glitter! ;D

The ribbon veil looks fabulous! What if you made it a smidgen longer than your hair? Or do you not like it that long?

And that list is monsterous! But a great idea! I may have to borrow it and go get myself a board as well! :rotfl:

I agree that from the pictures you posted the matte actually looks better! But I really don't think you can go wrong with either one, I'm sure with professional photography they will both look amazing.

And I love the ribbon veil! I think it came out really good, and it's so you :goodvibes

Your "to do" white board is such a good idea!!! I feel like if I did that, DF would freak out! :rotfl:

As for the tulle... I agree that you could take a swatch of each fabric and see how it looks in the sun..

Or.. you could buy the matte tulle and then spray paint it with glitter spray! Best of both worlds. ;)

Yeah, I needed to do something so DF could see the list, too. Although I'm sure he thinks 90% of the stuff on the list is unnecessary. :rolleyes:

So I of course would usually go for the shiny much like you.. but I vote for matte. It is much more vibrant. You can always spray it with glitter! ;D

The ribbon veil looks fabulous! What if you made it a smidgen longer than your hair? Or do you not like it that long?

And that list is monsterous! But a great idea! I may have to borrow it and go get myself a board as well! :rotfl:

hay girl! yes, the REAL veil will be longer, to my waist, I think! :D

I agree that from the pictures you posted the matte actually looks better! But I really don't think you can go wrong with either one, I'm sure with professional photography they will both look amazing.

And I love the ribbon veil! I think it came out really good, and it's so you :goodvibes

Thank you Becky!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter