~*~ Mindyjoy's May 19 2012 Disneyland Wedding TR ~*~ Trip Report Has Begun!

Hi Mindy! :wave2:

I'm sorry that I've been MIA; non-wedding stuff has kept me busy. I still need to get through your Cruise report! :lmao:

Anyway, I wish you luck on your dress hunt. I really like the http://www.weddingdressfantasy.com website... and it's in your budget. I know buying without trying it on can be scary, but sometimes ya just gotta do it. I bet you can mix up the fabrics to get the right "bride" look.

Dallas Marie = LOVE!!! :lovestruc:lovestruc:lovestruc:love::cloud9: I hope you can find it to try it on because it is a simply amazing and gorgeous dress that is PERFECT for you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aww, thanks so much ladies!

Good news, I called around to more shops today and found Dallas Marie at a bridal shop in my home town, which is a bit of a drive but I may not have to go to the ghetto after all.

Aww, thanks so much ladies!

Good news, I called around to more shops today and found Dallas Marie at a bridal shop in my home town, which is a bit of a drive but I may not have to go to the ghetto after all.

So when are you going?!?

Oohh I googled a picture of Dallas Marie--- she is lovely! I cannot wait to see you in it!

Also, that dress the above poster posted is amazing. I want it to play dress up in.

Okay, so that dress I sent you on Facebook?? I don't think I ever posted the pictures on here?! At least not that I can see. So here you go! But with the pink color it's soooo much more dramatic!
I LOVED the quality of the dress itself.

_045-1.jpg

I thought of you today and came to the conclusion that you are in the wrong country. I cut through a shopping arcade that I had never set foot into before and came across this really quirky bridal shop. They had a couple of very gorgeous and unusual pink gowns in the window. Unfortunately I did not have my iPhone on me or I would have taken a couple of photos.
I think you would have a field day there.

My ribbon veil is finally done and I am very pleased with how it has worked out. I will post a photo on my PJ in a bit.

Corinna

So when are you going?!?

Funny you should ask ....

I called the store in my hometown to make an appointment and I asked again if they had the dress. I told them I was making a far drive for just the one dress so I wanted to be extra sure. I was put on hold for a few minutes and the person came back and said they do NOT have the dress. She took my number and said she would call the person who was working the night I called. About 10 minutes later she called back and confirmed again they don't have it. :sad1:

So I'm still going to that store in Downtown on Saturday which I'm not too confident about, and then after that .... :confused3

I called the store in my hometown to make an appointment and I asked again if they had the dress. I told them I was making a far drive for just the one dress so I wanted to be extra sure. I was put on hold for a few minutes and the person came back and said they do NOT have the dress. She took my number and said she would call the person who was working the night I called. About 10 minutes later she called back and confirmed again they don't have it. :sad1:

So I'm still going to that store in Downtown on Saturday which I'm not too confident about, and then after that .... :confused3

Wow. That sucks.:hug:

That is such a shame. Let's hope that they really have the dress and that you like it as much in real life as you like it in the photos.

Corinna

I guess this just isn't my week ... I have come down with a cold, putting a damper on potential Downtown dress shopping, AND my meeting with our possible photographer on Sunday! I will still go and meet with her, I just wish I was feeling 100%.

But also a small "WOOHOO" to NY for passing marriage equality! :cheer: I wish CA would follow suit.

Wow, I haven't updated in a while! I was so sick, and then we were in Boston and Rhode Island from Friday through yesterday to visit our new niece (DF's sister's baby). :lovestruc Three weeks old and we are in love. :lovestruc So things have been a little hectic.

I was feeling a bit better last Sunday so I toughed it out and met up with our potential photographer, who is totally awesome! We all hit it off and she's even a Disneyland passholder and has done some engagement shoots there. She offered a package in our budget that has everything we are looking for in a photographer. We even walked around the ceremony venue. The next Tuesday I called and left her a message with a couple more questions and we were all ready to book. Unfortunately we had trouble connecting before I left for vacation on Friday, so I sent her an email that I would contact her after the holiday weekend.

AND THEN!

If you saw Carly's blog then you saw the promotion for Disneyland brides from ... THE ROOTS. My heart started racing and my palms got sweaty ... could this be true? Half off any package?

Of course I sent them an email right away and they remembered me from our first email exchange. :goodvibes They put together a package with everything we want and with the discount it would be cheaper than the CA photographer.

I started to feel very torn, because The Roots are my first love, but we also really liked the CA photographer we met with. They have similar styles. DF only really cares about the bottom line - The Roots are offering us a cheaper package. :laughing: But I have a nervous feeling, like somehow it's too good to be true??? :confused3

I can't believe it ... we might actually have The Roots for our wedding. Somebody pinch me!

:dance3:

Wow, I haven't updated in a while! I was so sick, and then we were in Boston and Rhode Island from Friday through yesterday to visit our new niece (DF's sister's baby). :lovestruc Three weeks old and we are in love. :lovestruc So things have been a little hectic.

I was feeling a bit better last Sunday so I toughed it out and met up with our potential photographer, who is totally awesome! We all hit it off and she's even a Disneyland passholder and has done some engagement shoots there. She offered a package in our budget that has everything we are looking for in a photographer. We even walked around the ceremony venue. The next Tuesday I called and left her a message with a couple more questions and we were all ready to book. Unfortunately we had trouble connecting before I left for vacation on Friday, so I sent her an email that I would contact her after the holiday weekend.

AND THEN!

If you saw Carly's blog then you saw the promotion for Disneyland brides from ... THE ROOTS. My heart started racing and my palms got sweaty ... could this be true? Half off any package?

Of course I sent them an email right away and they remembered me from our first email exchange. :goodvibes They put together a package with everything we want and with the discount it would be cheaper than the CA photographer.

I started to feel very torn, because The Roots are my first love, but we also really liked the CA photographer we met with. They have similar styles. DF only really cares about the bottom line - The Roots are offering us a cheaper package. :laughing: But I have a nervous feeling, like somehow it's too good to be true??? :confused3

I can't believe it ... we might actually have The Roots for our wedding. Somebody pinch me!

:dance3:

Oh I am so sorry you have been sick, welcome back :) I think you should go with whoever your heart tells you too. If you really love The Roots then that's who you should go with. I heard they do promotions all the time through Carly's blog so I don't think it's too good to be true, if anything, it was fate, they had a really good promotion and you were still looking for a photographer! I say go for it:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter