Military discounts I know about DIS

Well here it is my shoot down how depressing

Dear Mrs. Jacukowicz,

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Unfortunately, no extensions are being permitted for the Armed Forces Salute
offer at this time. This special offer was announced for the time period of
January 1 through April 30, 2002. It is unfortunate that you were not able to
participate in the promotion. We would like you to know that we do appreciate
the effort you have made to contact us. We suggest that you contact your
military installation's ticket office to inquire about discounts that are
available to our military guests 365 days a year.

Specially-priced multi-day theme park admission passes are offered to
active-duty and military personnel and their families on a regular basis at
participating ITR/ITT offices nationwide. Although specific prices vary between
bases, the prices are generally about 10% lower than our regularly-priced ticket
media. These passes may also be purchased from Guest Services at Shades of
Green at Walt Disney World Resort, our on-site resort exclusively for active and
retired U.S. armed forces members and their families, including individuals in
the reserves and veterans who are 100% disabled.

For more information about ticket prices or accommodations at Shades of Green,
please call this resort directly at
407-824-3600. (Please note that rooms at Shades of Green cannot be booked
through the Disney Reservation Center). Also, please reference the Shades of
Green website:

www.shadesofgreen.org

We hope this information is helpful, and we look forward to future opportunities
to entertain you.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us.

Please include your full name, E-Mail address, and reservation number if
applicable on all correspondence.

Thank you!

Sincerely,

Betsy Mayer

Online Guest Service
WALT DISNEY WORLD
P.O. Box 10100
Lake Buena Vista FL 32830-0100

That is exactly what my letter said they just put my name and address in. How funny that they are sending boiler replies. I am in the process of taking it one step further. I will let you know. Sorry we were declined and others weren't.

I Emailed them back in reply to their Email and told them I was confused and was hoping the could help clarify this matter because they told our local ITT office that the had extended this on a case by case basis also. I would have rather heard we didn't fit the criteria that they weren't extending the offer. They keep pushing our 10% discount through the ITT office and I had to let them know that you can recieve a 10% discount many places on line also, basically saying it isn't truley a "military discount" without just comming out and saying it. Didn't want to be rude and nasty we will go to WDW anyways! :)

Just found out new info. We had to request for the extension before May 31, 2002. I told them we missed the cut off by 2 1/2 weeks because their CSR's told us no extensions etc. and we did not question them we heard of others being granted extensions. I told them it does not seem fair do to the fact that their CSR's gave us bad info, oh well. We tried, how sad :(.

I too saw your post yesterday and tried to get an extension, but the same letter was sent to me. I told them that we tried to take advantage of their "special" but had to cancel due to leave being cancelled due to a higher security levels here in norfolk and all over. I don't want to sound like i'm whining, but it was worth a shot. If anyone has better luck, let me know!!!

Add me to the list of people who got the "fill in the blank so-sorry-you-missed out letter". I must be really special because I actually got TWO of the same emails, with different people signing them. (which incidently is a DIFFERENT name than the one that you had on yours)

Jo

I know my "sorry to disappoint you" email should be arriving any day now. Like many of you, I am not so disappointed that the offer has ended. I am just disappointed and frustrated that it doesn't seem to have ended for EVERYONE. I mean, some folks are still working this. Are we just sore losers?

We are still going too!! Only 5 1/2 more days!!!!!!!

Good luck to all! Hope someone cuts in with good news!!!!!!!!

We got our reply - no extensions. Ironic that the more your family was impacted by 9-11, the less able you were to use this promotion. It would've been nice if Disney had offered free passes to the active duty member only rather than discounting all their dependents. Then they could've run it longer and benefited more people. Well, we thought we'd missed out on this when we booked, so cest la vie! The savings was going to enable us to go 2 years in a row, so the loss is theirs, too. Better luck to everyone else.

Ok well it may sound stupid, and I felt kind of silly doing it but I Emailed the head disney honchos.... Hopefully SOMEONE will read the Email and I don't know if it will do any good but atleast I tried... I will update on any news on the Disney front! :)

Might as well, Jacukowicz, can't hurt. What email or snail mail address did you use?

I was thinking that it might be something they would offer again for the "off season".

Jo

BTW, for all you other military folk out there who now must get tickets elsewhere. I've checked and local ITT's seem to be cheaper than Shades of Green for tickets.

jacukowicz,

Just had to say hi! We also live in the Pax River area! Are you driving or flying? Let me know if you have any questions! Good luck on trying to get your tickets.

Carole

I replied to my rejection saying that I understand they don't want to be inundated by people on this promotion during their busy summer season. However, they could've avoided that by offering the discount to the military personel only and not to the dependants. That way they could've truly saluted those who were busy with the defense of this country, because the irony is their salute was unusable to those folks who were impacted the most by 9-11. Disney is famous for avoidance of any complaint, so it will doubtless fall on deaf ears, or in this case - blind eyes.

Hi all,
I recently went down to my BX attraction center to check out the regular military discounts. At Eglin A.F.B. in Ft. Walton Beach Florida
you can get 1 day pass for $46.50,
3 day 1 park per day passes for $105.,
4 day park hopper passes for $185.,
5 day hopper for $210.
5 day hopper plus for $240. these must be specially ordered.
6 day hopper plus for $270. again special order only
Pleasure Island is $13.

There are also discounts for some of the dinner shows, and for other Orlando theme parks.

Not as good as 1/2 off, but pretty good discounts.

Those look the same as Shades of Green has posted. The ITT at nasjax.navy.mil has even better rates, so we're going to check with our ITT. The nasjax ITT rates were:

4 day hopper $176.25/$139.55
5 day hopper $199.20/$157.40

The annual passports were available only to FL residents, though, but the hoppers didn't have that disclaimer for these rates.

Well I have a friend that works at our local ITT office here on PAX and she evidentally said that a lady tried all that we had tried for September, and had the Command Master Chief write a letter that they evidentally faxed somewhere and recieved the discount. She said the lady didn't give the FAX address because she wasn't able to for whatever reasons.... all of this leads to our false hope I know but I just thought I would share.... Evidentally our local ITT has no more information than we do but some have luck I suppose.

Everyone have fun at Disney! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter