Military discounts I know about DIS

C

chance

Doe anyone know if there are on great military discount for the DW park and DW resorts? We have a trip booked on the 4 day Wonder which is a great military deal for active military. Thanks!

Hi chance,
This is a great question for the Budget Board and I will move your question for you and you will find your thread here

Cathy

The discount amounts to approx $20 off a 4 day passport, and you can find the military rates at that website for Shades of Green. While it's closed they have a counter at the Contemporary to buy the passes at military rate.

On another thread a poster said the Disney Salutes America's Heros discount for passes was extended until Dec. 31. I called Disney, and the agent was adamant it had expired Apr. 30, but the woman who posted just got it for Oct. The hotel portion wasn't extended. She said to call Disney res and get the e-mail address then make the request through there. They did this 3 wks ago and heard from Disney 2 weeks later and were given a code to present at the ticket booth along with proof of employment. After explaining all this to the res agent she did give me the email address, and I sent my request today. We shall see if we get the discount. It is: free admission for the active duty person and half off for family, and it applies to hopper passes.

Can you please explain who I have to call and Email to get the code to recieve the discount???? I am a little confused this is my first try at the Disney World thing! Thanks a million!

I sent my email yesterday to: wdw.guest.communications@disney.com You must make sure to include your phone number. Here's what I wrote:

My husband is active duty navy, and we were told by a NY firefighter's family that the discount on passes has been extended until Dec. 31st. They said Disney called them with the details after they sent an e-mail. We were very excited to hear that because we were unable to take advantage of it by April 30 because we had to make a last-minute move cross-country thanks to 9-11. My husband couldn't take leave before then since his job is to process the paperwork necessary to deploy troops. We are planning a trip in November and would so much appreciate being able to take advantage of this generous offer. Our home phone is xxx, and his phone at the base is xxx. He is (gave military title - rate, last name) if you should call there. I'm home during the day, but I'm going to Illinois to settle my mother's estate from June 29 - July 8.

The poster on the other board who already got this discount says they e-mailed late May and heard from Disney by phone 2 weeks later. Methinks Disney is keeping this quiet hoping we'll forget about the offer. When I called yesterday the res agent was adamant there was no extension, but I told her that I knew of someone who'd just been given it for a trip in Oct., so she gave me the e-mail. Good Luck! They really should've extended it since the more you were affected the more impossible it was to go by April 30.

Thanks a million for all the info... my husband is active duty Navy we are in Pax River in MD and headed for Disney World in Aug, I really hope this works! It would be great!

NEW INFO - I just called Disney and talked to a res agent who knew more. They are evaluating it on a case by case basis. In other words, you need to explain why you were impacted by 9-11 to the degree you couldn't make use of the offer by April 30.

I will try it we had an awful year, hubby was deployed 9 month out of 12 and just got back and I had a ruptured aneurysm at 36 weeks pregnant and spent months in the hopsital. We are on a budget but really need to do something fun now that I am doing better and he is back. Our 4 year old has been thru heck....thanks, I will post if I hear anything and do the same :)

Tiff

I sent my e-mail wish me luck. and you all too. What does the discount apply to? We are going for 3 days so I gather if granted my hubby is free and my 4 year old and myself get 50% off the 4 day park hopper pass or my 3 day 1 park tickets. Is this right? How much is a 4 day park hopper.

Thanks-
Tiff

Hope you got my e-mails, and yes, you do understand.

Reg prices for 4 Day Hoppers
adt - $203.52
chd (3-9) - $161.12

5 Day Hoppers
adt - $230.02
chd - $182.32

A friend of mine Emailed Disney and she recieved a return Email that said that Disney has not yet approved an extention. They were sorry to inform her that there was nothing they could do at this time blah blah blah..... hope someone else has better luck :(

how long did it take her to get the reply? did she e-mail the address you and I used? I called DW today and was told case by case basis.

Yeah she used the same EMail address we used, and our ITT office called Disney and was told it was also on a case by case basis... I Emailed before her and I haven't heard anything, it only took 2 days for her to hear back so I guess we will see. I still have my fingers crossed. The Master Chiefs of the commands here were sent an Email to ask them to explain the restrictions on leave post Sept. 11 th for opperation readiness if Disney needs that sort of things to honor the discount extention. Thanks to the ITT office and one all to Disney.. that might be helpful to others in other locations...

Thanks for the info and let me know what happens and I will keep you posted. When I sent my first e-mail to the normal DW e-mail off their website I received a no within 2 days but I have not heard back from the guest communications either. I will keep my fingers crossed. Please keep my e-mail and let me know if your command hears something back. It seems as if it is a cas eby case basis they should allow those that are asking that have valid reasons. Are husbands do serve their country while everyone else is comfy in their beds. Best of luck!

I was on duty for 4 months at Prince Sultan Air Base in Saudi Arabia during 9/11. It was the strangest time..... Being in the RAF serving with USAF forces means nothing to Disney. I have spent ,more time with Americans via Sicily and Kosovo, Puerto Rico etc but Disney say well you are not american, but I say I uphold the freedoms we all enjoy whilst you sleep at peace 24/7.

I'll be in Disney when you see this.;)

I am also waiting for Disney to respond to my email regarding military discount on tickets. We have been in Belgium for the past year, and this is the first chance we got to return to the states. What a nice treat it would be to get 1/2 price tickets to Disney. We are going to go next week anyway, but it sure would be an added bonus for all of us!!!!!!! Good luck...

I was told no that no extensions were being granted. I shot back how is that fair that some are some are not. I will let you know what I hear.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter