• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mike and Mindy's PJ **January 5th, 2009** Disney photographer photos!!!

Which vest and tie do you like best with Mike's tux? (pics on page 8)

• all black

• all white

• black tie white vest

• white tie black vest

Results are only viewable after voting.
:eek: WOW! I've never seen the castle look so beautiful. :thumbsup2

And mad props to the DF for representing Boston sports while you were down there!! :goodvibes

We received our floral quote today from Rose. It looks like everything we wanted is going to fit into our budget which is such a relief. I am not a frilly girl so I really didn't want a lot of floral but enough to still feel like a wedding...lol. We chose glass bowls for the center pieces on the tables at the Cali Grill. Rose was able to send me photos to get an idea. She did say that they will have more flowers in them but we defiantely like the blue pebbles on the bottom :)
centerpiece-callalilliesswirled.jpg
centerpieces.jpg

We are having white calla lillies not yellow.

Also if you have been keeping up with my PJ you will have read about my two brothers who are proudly serving our country. Joshua is in the Marines and is stationed in Cali and Morgan who is in the Navy and is stationed in Virginia. Josh has been granted leave for the wedding and the at home reception, while Morgan is shipping out and will not be able to attend either. Well thanks for MegKate and her solution for everything!!! I WILL be having both of my brothers at my wedding. Josh will be live and in person and Morgan will be a foamcore cut out!! I finally received his picture last night!!!!
Morgan.jpg

There is actually a website that was found *cudos again MegKate* that makes Hero Helpers. They make cut outs of Military personnel for families to help ease the pain of seperation. It is such a great idea. I will be able to have my brother at my wedding for less than $50...only 18 inches tall but he will be there. Besides that we can bring him into Disney for free and take him on rides...and take pictures with him...hehehehe :banana:

In case anyone is interested: http://www.lifesizecustomcutouts.com/index.php?categoryID=19

I had to pull Rob in the room to read that. I have so many weird ideas on a daily basis, it always makes me happy when one actually works!!! :cloud9:
You and Mike must have his picture taken with characters. :thumbsup2

He will be with the characters...on as many rides with photos as possible...and he will be on our photopass...hahaha It is a way to make a not so wonderful situation a little less crappy :):cool1:

He will be with the characters...on as many rides with photos as possible...and he will be on our photopass...hahaha It is a way to make a not so wonderful situation a little less crappy :):cool1:

True that - he'll get a kick out of it - and you'll feel better. People might wonder about you two though... :hug:

Great updates! I love the floral idea. They are very pretty and elegant.

Looks like everything is coming together. Not too much longer! :goodvibes

So after bugging the MW staff about 4 times now I think we have finally decided. However we are still debating one element and I am hoping you ladies will be able to lend an opinion.

Here is Mikes Tux
WC3_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830548960.jpg

Now we are at odds about the tie and vest colors. I want white
8897ROWHT_F06_DC_v4_m56577569830531156.jpg

and he wants the black

8897ROBLK_F06_DC_v4_m56577569830531054.jpg
with the neck tie of course not the bow you can see the neck tie in the bottom right

Here is My dad's Tux:

WC1_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830548958.jpg

8896PRMAR_F07_DC_v4_m56577569830548904.jpg

The groomsmen and best man
WC4_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830548961.jpg

The Best Man and Jr. Groomsman
8897ROPER_F06_DC_v4_m56577569830531114.jpg

Groomsmen
8897ROMID_F06_DF_v4_m56577569830531104.jpg
Step father 1 and 2
WC1_F07_DF_v4_m56577569830548958.jpg

8857HBNVY_F07_DC_v4_m56577569830548850.jpg

I'm sorry Mindy, but I like the black :confused3 But I'm known for being wrong. Often.

PS - Did you get my PM?

I just wanted to stop by and give a quick update...I'm gone on a business trip all next week so when I get back it is going to be CRUNCH time! We finally have my dress back from David's bridal...after the seamstress had to fix my dress 4 TIMES!!! She screwed up my bustle and sash so bad!! One of the fitting my MOH actually looked at me and told me not to "go Zilla" on the seamstress! I needed to have buttons placed on my dress so that the sash could attach and be placed just right. Well the buttons were all over the place! The whole situation was SO STRESSFULL! So..to top it all off 2 weeks ago I sent my wedding band away with my engagement ring "fused" together and resized to be larger. Well I picked them up yesterday and they were made smaller instead of larger. So now there is a chance that I might not have my rings for the wedding!!! AUGH Im so stressed! :mad:

OK my rant is over!! :)

Hey Girl! Just catching up with your plans and I love 'em all!

There was something I wanted to comment on, but I forgot -- guess I'll have to go back and jog my memory!

Oh yeah, I remember -- I LOVE LOVE LOVE your gown!! LOVE, in case I wasn't clear. lol That being said, I like the over bustle best.

:lovestruc

The other night we finally got around to meeting with our DJ for our at home reception! She is great and was a local DJ on one of the radio stations in our area. She is young and has a great personality so I am sure she is really going to get our guests out of their chairs!

We picked out our songs:

the parents and bridal party will be walking into (my favorite band) New Kids On The Block's "Right Stuff"

Mike and I will be walking into the song that plays with the Boston Bruins score a goal...I dont even know the name of the song.

Our first dance is going to be to "All I need" by Bret Michaels (Mike is a huge Poision fan)

The song for my dad and I is "I loved her first" by Hartland

Mike's song with his mom is "song for Mama" by Boyz II Men

We are not doing a garter toss but we are doing a bouquet toss...for that song we are going to have "put a ring on it" by Beyonce

Speaking of rings. I just went and picked up my newly sized wedding and engagement ring that I had fused together so I dont have to send them away after the wedding. They fit great and are so pretty!

If I could get some of your help!!! I need to write the wording for the announcement of the memorial candle for during the ceremony...any suggestions?? I dont even know how to start that!

I also wanted to thank everyone who has continually helped me along with way with their posts of congrats, opinions and advise. With the wedding just 2 weeks away I probably wont post very much becuase there is a lot of last minute things that I still have to do. I just wanted to let all of you ladies know just how apreciative I am for everything :hug: With out Disboards I honestly dont know how I would have done it. Thank you all for letting me read your planning journals!!! If I don't post again before...I hope these up coming holidays find you all warm and loved! :santa:

MINDY I love the songs - esp the Right Stuff and the Bruins song (I don't even know the name of that song, but I know which one you mean!).

I can't believe how close you are - I can't wait to see pictures and all of the wedding! It's going to be beautiful - and just think - NO SNOW!! :cool1:

So we leave tomorrow night. As I type this I am running around trying to get everything packed! Does anyone know if you can bring a garment bag as a carryon? I hope so I refuse to check my dress...is that bad? My mom, MOH and I just had our manis and pedis done and I got my eyebrows done for the first time in my life...im pretty sure they are crooked but everyone assures me that they arent..lol. We also went and ordered the boutinEARS for the reception and the coursages! It is going to be over $200.00! A bit more than I had expected but that is ok! We should be getting some money back from disney so it should be ok. We over paid kind of on purpose...just in case! So ladies...I hope you all have a wonderful New Y-EARS! Next time you hear from me I will be married and a year older...so much going on ... AHHH!!!!! I CANT BELIEVE THAT I AM GETTING MARRIED IN LESS THAN A WEEK! :banana:

If I could get some of your help!!! I need to write the wording for the announcement of the memorial candle for during the ceremony...any suggestions?? I dont even know how to start that!

We put this saying in our program.

In Loving Memory
In honor of those who are no longer with us, we have placed a white candle at the left side of the alter.
Even though you are no longer with us, we know you are here in spirit and will live forever in our hearts.

Rev. Knox made a mention of it during the ceremony. I do not remember his exact words. If I can find them I will let you know.

Here is a photo of our Memorial Candle along with our alter and side floral bouquets.
afe1a2b5.jpg

Picture of everything together.
b663e728.jpg

And here is a picture of our cake table. They brought the Memorial Candle over from the ceremony and placed it here (glass filled with white flowers and floating candle). I did not realize they were going to do this but I am so happy they did.

ca9fd77d.jpg

Linda

Here is some wording that came with our wedding kit.

As we celebrate this wedding today, we would like to pay tribute to the special memory of __________, the mother of _________. She is with us today in the hearts of those who knew her and loved her. The love that she gave continues to live on, especially in the love that _______ brings to this marriage. We light this candle to honor _______. (Couple should go together to like the candle).

As both my DH and my mom had passed away with did not want to specify one person. Rev Knox said something like about but just changed it around a bit.

Linda

Have a great time! I hope your wedding day is magical and your trip wonderful! Enjoy!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter