mid-JUNE weather & crowds?

psu4glory

ka-chow!
anyone have any june WDW experiences to share?

wondering what the weather and crowds will be like then.....

During the 3rd week of June, we had torrential rain from morning to night; that shredded our dollar store ponchos in a few days (proud owners of the yellow Mickey ones now, have used them since - virtually, indestructable).

It was in the high 70's - low 80's, relatively non-humid...just got hot under the ponchos.

The rain evidently kept the "locals" away, as everything was do-able in the parks using FP & EE - can't remember waiting more than 10 minutes in line for anything.

The day we left, the rain stopped, sun came out & it was up to 90 before noon, seemed sweltering! Of course, that didn't deter us, we're returning the same time this year.;)

If I'm gonna be hot, might as well be @ WDW.

We were there last June--14th-24th, I think. Not much rain to speak of (came the week before, I hear), but oppressively hot and humid, and crowd-levels built each day. However, we still had a fantastic time by: staying hydrated; taking long lunches at sitdown restaurants during the heat of the day; using FPs religiously; following UG's advice re: which parks which days; using those little battery powered fans; and remembering that a hot, crowded day at Disney sure beats a day just about anywhere else! :flower:

I went last year during the week of June 21st. lol.

Anyways, we (my grandma, mom and I) found it to be too hot. And we're from Minnesota so you'd think we'd be loving the hot weather. lol. But it was the damp, dry heat that we didn't like. Like you just feel gross cause it's so hot and icky. We still had a good time though.

The lines can get busy and have long wait times, but as far as I can remember the park didn't seem overly crowded or anything when we were walking around. So if that's the time you want to go, go for it. Just be prepared for some damp, sticky heat and long wait times at times.

I think it did rain a couple of times. I used to live in Florida for a month over in Miami and oh man. I swear it rained like ONCE everyday. This was in the month of July. It varies, but in the summer there's always a good chance of rain so be prepared for that as well.

Anyways, hope you have a great time.

Hi we were there Father's Day week June 19th-24th. We had a lot of rain, but not all day long. On Monday we had a torrential down pour that ruined my digital camera--it was in my fanny pack and was floating in over 3" of water. But the heat wasn't bad and the crowds really weren't either--didn't have to wait too long for anything except Space Mountain and Splash Mountain. It seemed pretty normal for a Florida summer. We would travel in this time again.
Paula

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter