• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Mickey's Halloween Party 2012 -- Check In

Staying at DLH.
We have been to MNSSHP, Looking forward to seeing if the party is any different at DL.:flower3:

:laundy:
well ours is a little different...its really nice but try not to go in thinking about how wdw's is vs DL's..i know easier said than done...we dont have a full blown parade like MNSSHP..we have a mini cavalcade but we do have trick or treat stations, dance parties, meet n greets with characters and villains...its cool...you will like it...and hey DL has HMH and wdw does NOT!! plus DL has the ROA and fog coming up all over it...hehehe.....

We will be there from 20th Sept to 3rd Oct - if there's a party on Tues 2/10 I think we will go to that as it will be a nice end to our trip. Also would prefer to go to a weeknight party instead of a Friday.

We'll be there from the 13th to the 18th, attending the party on the 16th. Costumes still not yet determined. :woohoo::woohoo:

All American, checking in!

I am traveling with my family and my sister's family. There will be 11 of us. We are hoping to convince my parents and younger brother to fly out for the party too! (That would make 14.) Of course, we'd want my mother-in-law to go with us as well as my oldest brother and his wife. (Hmmm...18 of us so far.) If my 2nd oldest brother could make it, that'd be awesome too. So, let's see -- :teacher: -- Maybe 18 in my group, but 11 of us for sure! There's a lot of us, but I promise we'll be as polite as our Southern Mama taught us to be.

We're shooting for October 16th. Costumes, TBD.

ETA: Thanks, Kristin and Sherry for all of your work putting these threads together and answering everyone's questions during Halloweentime. I love your enthusiasm and hope its contagious!

You're welcome, All American! Thank you for the kind words!

For me, I put the 2 Superthreads together (Halloween and Christmas) not only because I personally adore those two holidays so much and always have, but because we (the mods and the members of the DIS) get soooo many questions throughout the year about Halloween Time and the holidays. I began to see that it was necessary to keep year-round ongoing Superthreads about these 2 subjects, to tackle all aspects of the seasons and all that the seasons entail. That way there would always be a place that people could go - in any month of the year - for comprehensive information, to ask questions, view photos, access links to more info, etc.

Also, because I tend to go crazy with the detailed pictures during Halloween Time and Christmas time at DLR, it's a great way to use those photos that I take to do fun things like "Countdown Theme Weeks," which focus on certain highlights of the seasons and encourage everyone else to dig up their photos of those same themes and share them!

Kristin has been and continues to be very helpful in the Halloween Superthread (as have Belle Ella/Jessica and funstdisney/Liza), and she is doing a great job with the MHP check-in thread as well!:thumbsup2

If DLR ever decided to really go all out for Easter, you'd probably see an Easter Superthread pop up too!:rotfl2: (That's probably my 3rd favorite holiday!:rotfl2:)

Wow! You're going to DLR for Halloween Time with 11 people? That will be a party all on its own! You're bringing your own party to the party!

We'll be there Oct 21-23. Only a few days to do a things in both parks. We've never been in October so I'm not familiar with the Halloween Party. Just only some of the stuff I've read about on here. I'll have to think about it. I am looking forward to all the decorations though.

So what is the short and sweet details? A party is sometimes on a Tuesday evening and only available to those that purchased tickets? What does that mean for the park and people that don't buy the party tickets? I doubt we'll have costumes, but some sort of Halloween spirit will be worn.:confused3

kristie73 -

The good thing is that even if you don't attend the actual party (Mickey's Halloween Party, or MHP), you will still get to experience all that the Halloween Time season has to offer. The MHP is really only a part of the Halloween season - and some people feel it's worth the money while others do not - but there are plenty of people who enjoy all the Halloween decorations, treats, merchandise, ride overlays, etc., without ever doing the MHP at all, just as there are also people who visit Disneyland in September/October and do not care about the Halloween season in general at all!

So you will have a lot to look forward to even if you decide against the MHP - you'll experience Haunted Mansion Holiday, Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy, the Halloween Round-Up (fabulous carved character pumpkins!), the Dia de los Muertos (Day of the Dead) display, the Ray Bradbury Halloween Tree, characters dressed in Halloween costumes, Villains posing for photos, a Duffy photo spot in California Adventure, all kinds of wonderful window displays along Main Street, special seasonal treats (all kinds of pumpkin-flavored goodies), etc., etc.

Hey everyone! We are going to be there September 26rd-October 3rd. I am thinking of going to the Halloween party on Sep 28th, but I was wondering if it will be fun at all for just a married couple (we are leaving the kids home this time! YES! lol)? Also, is DCA open during the party or just DLR?? Thanks!! :goodvibes

Hey everyone! We are going to be there September 26rd-October 3rd. I am thinking of going to the Halloween party on Sep 28th, but I was wondering if it will be fun at all for just a married couple (we are leaving the kids home this time! YES! lol)? Also, is DCA open during the party or just DLR?? Thanks!! :goodvibes

Oh my gosh, yes!

In 2010 we did a Tuesday night party with our two girls in tow. I wanted to see how the weekday party compared to the weekend party in terms of crowds, so my husband and I had a date night for the following Friday. We had a blast both times!

When it was just the two of us, it was easier to meander through the party-goers. We could people/costume watch. It was nice not having to worry about the girls but just have Disney fun together. In fact, we saw lots of groups of adults. Go and have a great time!

Oh my gosh, yes!

In 2010 we did a Tuesday night party with our two girls in tow. I wanted to see how the weekday party compared to the weekend party in terms of crowds, so my husband and I had a date night for the following Friday. We had a blast both times!

When it was just the two of us, it was easier to meander through the party-goers. We could people/costume watch. It was nice not having to worry about the girls but just have Disney fun together. In fact, we saw lots of groups of adults. Go and have a great time!

Ooooh that sounds great!! I am so excited! Thanks for sharing!! Do you happen to remember if DCA was also open during the party? Wondering if we will be able to hop back and forth if we want to during??

Ooooh that sounds great!! I am so excited! Thanks for sharing!! Do you happen to remember if DCA was also open during the party? Wondering if we will be able to hop back and forth if we want to during??

If you want to go to DCA, you would need a separate park ticket. The Halloween Party ticket will only gain you access to the park where the HP is (most likely in DL). Keep in mind that people visiting during that time that do not have tickets to the HP, will all be in DCA.

If you want to go to DCA, you would need a separate park ticket. The Halloween Party ticket will only gain you access to the park where the HP is (most likely in DL). Keep in mind that people visiting during that time that do not have tickets to the HP, will all be in DCA.

Ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying that. We will have our parkhoppers, in addition to the Halloween party tickets, so I guess we will be able to hop over to DCA then too if we want....sounds like it might be really crowded there though during the Halloween party! yikes! Glad to hear that it IS open if we feel so inclined to go though! Thanks so much! Starting to get excited!!! :D

Hi JacksGirls! We'll be there the 12th too and we're in Salem. When are you going down?

We're are leaving after school on Tuesday, October 9th and coming home on Sunday, the 14th. Hoping to get in the Halloween Party, World of Color, Mad Tea Party and Fantasmic each of the 4 nights we're in the parks. Found some good fares with Jet Blue and couldn't resist.

We are going too!!:cool1:

Put us down for 3 people going Oct. 1-4th, with party (hopefully) on Oct 2nd!

No idea on costumes yet, I doubt I could get DH to go for that.;)

We'll be there 14th-19th and will pick up tickets for the party on the 16th once announced.

Will update costumes and what not once those deets have been finalized.

We are a group of 8. 4 Adults and 4 kids. Not sure on the costumes yet....
Hoping to go to the party on Halloween night!:cool1:

Ahhh I see, thanks for clarifying that. We will have our parkhoppers, in addition to the Halloween party tickets, so I guess we will be able to hop over to DCA then too if we want....sounds like it might be really crowded there though during the Halloween party! yikes! Glad to hear that it IS open if we feel so inclined to go though! Thanks so much! Starting to get excited!!! :D

just an FYI...DCA wont let you in if you are in costume...adults are not allowed in any park in costume on a regular basis ..only during the halloween party and at whichever park they decide to do it at this year...Im assuming it will be DL...but who know :confused3 so if you are just going normal then there wouldnt be a problem but better to know now than later:goodvibes

just an FYI...DCA wont let you in if you are in costume...adults are not allowed in any park in costume on a regular basis ..only during the halloween party and at whichever park they decide to do it at this year...Im assuming it will be DL...but who know :confused3 so if you are just going normal then there wouldnt be a problem but better to know now than later:goodvibes

This is really good to know! Thanks so much!! ::yes:: That just made my mind up about wearing costumes to it! I guess we'll do hats! :D So we'll be there September 28th with Disney hats on! Hubs is on board, yippee! SO FUN! :D

The family (Wife, Daughter 7, Son 5, Son 4) will be in Disneyland on October 21, through October 28.
We hope to attend the October 23 Halloween Party.
We have already made the costumes, and we are going as a Scottish Highland Family (Daughters dress looks like Merida's, boys in Kilts, etc...) My costume was easy, since I play the bagpipes, and play in a Pipe Band, I'll just be wearing one of my regular Kilts and usual attire. We'll be doing a "Brave" theme.
It should be a lot of fun, and the kids are all excited. We're big Disney fans, have been to all the parks (Excluding Paris), but this will be our first Halloween Party. It's always a fun to experience a new adventure.
Any tips for new Halloween Party attendees?

Lynn -

That's an excellent point! I'm glad you brought that up about wearing the costumes into DCA (or into whichever park is not having the MHP), just in case anyone has an idea to go to the party, hop over to DCA while the MHP is happening, and then go back to the party!

Here4mydisneyfix -

It's up to the individual what he/she wants to do, of course, but I would not personally recommend buying separate tickets to Mickey's Halloween Party and then hopping over to DCA during party hours, and then hopping back to the party. I would do one or the other - either stay in California Adventure or do the party. Otherwise, to me, it seems like a waste of money for the tickets, and a waste of time. The party tickets are probably going to be anywhere from $49-$65 each, give or take a few dollars and depending on if you use an AP/DVC/Disney Visa discount or buy them without a discount.

Everyone kind of moves at their own pace at the MHP, and last year we pretty much only had time to hit all the treat trails (and all the treat stations along those trails) around Disneyland, and then watch the Halloween Screams fireworks, with a short break to sit down and drink a Coke. Granted, we did leave one hour before the party ended because we needed to make a stop on the way home. But if we had stayed that extra hour at the party we would have spent it maybe taking photos with the characters at the special PhotoPass locations. And then there is the character cavalcade as well.

So, basically, if you buy an MHP ticket with the intention of trick or treating at the various trails/stations, watching the Halloween Screams fireworks, stopping at the different photo spots, watching the cavalcade, shopping for party exclusive merchandise and/or eating, riding some rides with shorter lines, etc., your time should be pretty full. To go over to DCA would only take away time from all of the party-specific things.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter