• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

MickeyMed 7/25/2014 12 Night Cruise

Andrew:
Looking forward to reading your trip report-- you are always very thorough and informative.

On 8/2 we are on Fantasy western Caribbean in the same room you and your family had --12012. Your detailed trip report and photos was one of the reasons we booked that room!! ( you should be on the Disney payroll!!!)

I hope you have a great trip-- my family did a Princess European cruise some years back with stops in many of the ports you will visit -- you will have fun.

Safe travels
Bob

Andrew:
Looking forward to reading your trip report-- you are always very thorough and informative.

On 8/2 we are on Fantasy western Caribbean in the same room you and your family had --12012. Your detailed trip report and photos was one of the reasons we booked that room!! ( you should be on the Disney payroll!!!)

I hope you have a great trip-- my family did a Princess European cruise some years back with stops in many of the ports you will visit -- you will have fun.

Safe travels
Bob

Bob thank you very much Room 12012 on the Fantasy was fantastic and that's the plan have a reference point to hopefully help anyone in their research.

With Seven ports in twelve nights I hope we will use the Internet package to bring you and anyone who wants to view along with us.

In Alaska I did a live blog, I can't promise that as we have long day trips and I do not know where I will get a signal. We have three IPhones, one IPad and two cameras at our disposal, we will get photos and we will post during the cruise so bookmark us.

If the photos are too much for the systems to cope with there will be a lot more post the cruise added.

So come along for a 12 night Med cruise, in concierge on the Magic.

Looking forward to your review/report. I can't get enough of the Med trip reports.

Have a great trip!

Hi Andrew! I always love your informative posts and I was so glad when you directed another diser to this 'blog' report. You told that poster that you might handle 'requests' if there was anything we 'later' cruisers wanted to know. If it happens that you visit the gift shops with a camera, could you take some pics of the 'Med' (or anything else, actually) merchandise? I am doing the last 7 night with DH and we are leaving DDs (20, 18) at home this time, so they were asking me what was available for them to pick out for me to buy them:rolleyes:

Thanks! I hope you have a fantastic cruise! I will be meeting up with some fantastic cruisemates of yours during a break in their tour actually while you are docked in Athens! I never would have imagined a DISmeet in Athens! :D :goodvibes :cheer2: You are more than welcome to join, but I am assuming you would have already made plans. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Hi Andrew! I always love your informative posts and I was so glad when you directed another diser to this 'blog' report. You told that poster that you might handle 'requests' if there was anything we 'later' cruisers wanted to know. If it happens that you visit the gift shops with a camera, could you take some pics of the 'Med' (or anything else, actually) merchandise? I am doing the last 7 night with DH and we are leaving DDs (20, 18) at home this time, so they were asking me what was available for them to pick out for me to buy them:rolleyes:

Thanks! I hope you have a fantastic cruise! I will be meeting up with some fantastic cruisemates of yours during a break in their tour actually while you are docked in Athens! I never would have imagined a DISmeet in Athens! :D :goodvibes :cheer2: You are more than welcome to join, but I am assuming you would have already made plans. If there is anything I can do to help, let me know!

Hello,

I will see what I can do, we plan to buy some shop stuff if it is good, Athens, we do have a trip organised with PK Travel to max our time there.

Thank you.

Day one. Travel. Started off well to the airport and check in, but flight delay due to (1) incoming flight delay and (2) reported thunderstorms at Barcelona meaning Spanish Air traffic delays at destination and restricted slots. Plans on arrival cut any rest time out so we will have a transfer to our hotel checkin and then after a quick freshen up go to the Hard Rock for dinner where we have a reservation. Plans post dinner are to walk La Rambala subject to the rain. We embark the cruise on Saturday. First tip of the day! It rains in Spain, yes it's normally hot in summer but bring a Mac or poncho and have plan B touring plans for rain say Sagrada familia ! Present flight we could see the captain going around the thunder clouds locally as we got into Spanish airspace . We landed at 15.25 local that's about 40 mins late. Border control and to baggage reclaim at 15.40 nothing up yet.first thing seen through border control was a DCL rep. In fact there was another DCL rep at our baggage claim and plenty outside we were out and in our private transfer by 15.55 on the way to the city.

Wow, sounds like this is going to be an amazing trip! I will be following along! Have fun!

Lots of updates, in the room now, and had concierge meet and lunch in Cabanas, was in room at 12.30 love the cut little port maps, and Internet fast but I. Am charged per byte so on blog only

I look forward to following your trip report. We just got off the ship yesterday (Venice to Barcelona) and are almost home now. We did this exact cruise last year with the stops in Athens, Kusadasi, and Mykonos. Should be an amazing cruise. Hope we left everything ship shape for you!

BTW, what hotel did you stay on your pre night and did you like it? Sorry if you mentioned it already - I'll blame the sleepiness. I'm still on Barcelona time - 4:30am.

I look forward to following your trip report. We just got off the ship yesterday (Venice to Barcelona) and are almost home now. We did this exact cruise last year with the stops in Athens, Kusadasi, and Mykonos. Should be an amazing cruise. Hope we left everything ship shape for you!

BTW, what hotel did you stay on your pre night and did you like it? Sorry if you mentioned it already - I'll blame the sleepiness. I'm still on Barcelona time - 4:30am.

We stayed at Hotel Jazz pre cruise and going back after a very good hotel.

Thanks for the pictures of the merchandise, it is pretty much what I was looking for. :D I am devouring every word and photo on your blog but do not want to 'sully' it with my inane comments, here I feel much safer :confused3

To the PP, I believe they were staying at the Hotel Jazz, there are some photos up on the blog.

A great day in Villefrance, Visited Monaco, Antibes, St Paul De Vance Nice, lots of updates,

Can post the photos here till post cruise as I have gone through 50% of the largest Internet package. In a day! Internet good photos large.

The best photos will be posted post the cruise,

The ones we can post are by my cell IPhone to elsewhere, As I have a European coverage on that but those photos are not great.

Looks like the link is not allowed here, sorry!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter