"Mickey Mouse Rock'n Roller Coaster"????

If I were Disney, I would rebrand it as Mickey's RnR and change the music periodically. It would be more fun to me to wonder what music I was going to hear, go back on to hear something different. It would be easy enough to offer specific new bands royalty for playing their songs. Might even help out new, up and coming bands. And for the record, Aerosmith is my favorite band and I love hearing their music, but it is a business.

Does seem like they need to do something here - sitting through that video every time you ride it is just plain awful.
It's a bit dated and really cheesy no matter how much a fan of Aerosmith you are.
I think I ride it less just because I don't want to sit through it again - even in the single rider line you see too much of it - wish that would by pass it totally.
I like the music on it and it does fit the ride - but I really think it is time for a change - and of course Disney has to pay them to use the music and images etc...
These guys are also getting older and anything can happen...what do they do then..so yeah they must be planning something down the road.

Since they have added Ghost Rider to Agents of Shield and own the Marvel Charters that seems like a perfect fit for a roller coaster - especially since the Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield drives a car. Of course does that mean he is excluded under the Avengers deal..not sure - but Im sure they are trying to make use of the Marvel properties where they can.

Does seem like they need to do something here - sitting through that video every time you ride it is just plain awful.
It's a bit dated and really cheesy no matter how much a fan of Aerosmith you are.
I think I ride it less just because I don't want to sit through it again - even in the single rider line you see too much of it - wish that would by pass it totally.
I like the music on it and it does fit the ride - but I really think it is time for a change - and of course Disney has to pay them to use the music and images etc...
These guys are also getting older and anything can happen...what do they do then..so yeah they must be planning something down the road.

Since they have added Ghost Rider to Agents of Shield and own the Marvel Charters that seems like a perfect fit for a roller coaster - especially since the Ghost Rider in Agents of Shield drives a car. Of course does that mean he is excluded under the Avengers deal..not sure - but Im sure they are trying to make use of the Marvel properties where they can.

The bolded part.... I think it is the opposite, wouldn't Aerosmith be paying Disney as the sponsor?

The bolded part.... I think it is the opposite, wouldn't Aerosmith be paying Disney as the sponsor?
I cant imagine that they pay Disney for it - but I see where you are coming from.
Based on this article - and if its on the internet its true...lol - they originally wanted the Rolling Stones but they were too expensive.
Aerosmith was much less - and ended being a great choice since they have had a few comebacks and stayed somewhat relevant.

Here is the link - Im sure someone can come in and debunk everythign in this artical
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...up-as-the-hosts-of-rock-n-roller-coaster.aspx

I cant imagine that they pay Disney for it - but I see where you are coming from.
Based on this article - and if its on the internet its true...lol - they originally wanted the Rolling Stones but they were too expensive.
Aerosmith was much less - and ended being a great choice since they have had a few comebacks and stayed somewhat relevant.

Here is the link - Im sure someone can come in and debunk everythign in this artical
http://jimhillmedia.com/editor_in_c...up-as-the-hosts-of-rock-n-roller-coaster.aspx

I would expect Jim Hill to be quite accurate, so I see this as being true.

Thanks for posting that.

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Tower of Terror is my favorite ride. So I hope they don't change it to the GOTG. :(. I know they are doing this in Disneyland...but stay away from Florida even though I don't plan to go back any time soon. :(.

I'd rather they stick to TGMR for a Mickey ride other than RnR. Then the RnR/ ToT earn will become Marvel land?

There were a bunch of rumors after Steven Tyler visited the ride a while back. First I heard that he was disappointed in the state of the ride and wanted to pull the Aerosmith name, and then they said that they wanted too much money to continue letting Disney use the Aerosmith name. Either way, Aerosmith was definitely supposed to be taken out.

If I were Disney, I would rebrand it as Mickey's RnR and change the music periodically. It would be more fun to me to wonder what music I was going to hear, go back on to hear something different. It would be easy enough to offer specific new bands royalty for playing their songs. Might even help out new, up and coming bands. And for the record, Aerosmith is my favorite band and I love hearing their music, but it is a business.

Yeah maybe have a few different options of songs, let the limo riders vote while in the queue.

There were a bunch of rumors after Steven Tyler visited the ride a while back. First I heard that he was disappointed in the state of the ride and wanted to pull the Aerosmith name, and then they said that they wanted too much money to continue letting Disney use the Aerosmith name. Either way, Aerosmith was definitely supposed to be taken out.
Which was it, a bunch of rumors or definitely being removed? That's quite a jump to go from you heard a bunch of rumors to saying it was definitely supposed to be taken out. Sometimes an off handed comment made in jest gets legs and runs through the Internet and becomes fact when it was far from it.

For what it's worth, as we left the ride this week we saw several new items with Aerosmith on them. I don't think the change in the merchandise has a single whit to do with a branding change on the ride. Though I don't see what difference it makes anyway. While I love the music it's not the music that brings me to the ride. It's the ride, the music just makes it better. I'd still love the ride if it played nothing.

For what it's worth, as we left the ride this week we saw several new items with Aerosmith on them. I don't think the change in the merchandise has a single whit to do with a branding change on the ride. Though I don't see what difference it makes anyway. While I love the music it's not the music that brings me to the ride. It's the ride, the music just makes it better. I'd still love the ride if it played nothing.
And for me, the lack of music would make it a better ride (the music behind my head throws of my equilibrium.

And for me, the lack of music would make it a better ride (the music behind my head throws of my equilibrium.

this makes me lol -- its the music behind your head that throws off your equilibrium???? not the twists, corkscrews and dark/black lights? i think you may be in your own head on this one :)

Tower of Terror is my favorite ride. So I hope they don't change it to the GOTG. :(. I know they are doing this in Disneyland...but stay away from Florida even though I don't plan to go back any time soon. :(.
I would be fine with a rebrand of RnRc,the Aerosmith version is 17 years old and a change would be fine by me but HANDS OFF ToT,that's a perfect ride experience with a great theme and any change to it would be killing the ride.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter