"Mickey Mouse Rock'n Roller Coaster"????

Yea I'm sure it was a simple edit for them to do, but still seems a bit pointless if they were just going to replace it soon anyhow. Some extreme groups like One Million Moms might have said something, but it's a video that has been there for 17 years with no complaints. Think they could have gotten away with another few months to year fine leaving it

I could see a scenario in which person A was trying to find reasons to argue for getting rid of Aerosmith in a meeting or something ... and let it slip about the rude gesture. Person B (a boss) was shocked, didn't buy that Aerosmith should be replaced but hit the roof about the gesture and pulled strings to get it fixed.

I love Rock N Roller Coaster, but I'm pretty tired of Aerosmith. I'd actually be happy if it got rethemed to anything. I'm sure they will make the music intense no matter what the theme is (if it ever happens).
Welp, One Direction it is! lol

I love this ride. It's one of my faves. I would be so sad if they change it. I love rock music. But oh well. I would still ride it I guess if it becomes something else, but PLEASE not TS!

I grew up listening to Aerosmith, but it is time to move on to something new. They now fall into the category of Geezer rock, and have not been relevant for over a decade. Hoping a new overlay ties in better with the new direction/name of Hollywood Studio.

Rockin Roller Coaster will be closed from Oct 27- Nov 9 for "refurbishments". Since it is such a short amount of time, I'm guessing that it is getting a good cleaning, etc.

A quick google and I found the cup of this on disney store. It's not retheming, it's a combo of guitar hero inspired by the ride... probably just cross marketing..

"Enjoy a taste of life in the fast lane with guitar hero Mickey who does a solo performance on this mug. Inspired by the Rock 'n Roller Coaster attraction at Disney's Hollywood Studios, this cool cup totally rocks! "

I think down the line they should probably get rid of the Aerosmith music and throw in something a bit more modern and relateable.
Disney have made a point in recent years of moving with the times and I think it's only a matter of time before Aerosmith is pushed out.
But I really can't even let my imagination remotely consider a Mickey Mouse themed RnRC. That just hurts my brain

Not sure if anyone has seen these yet, but I just saw these t-shirts spotted in the gift shop at RnRC posted by a Facebook friend!

Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.53.01 PM.png Screen Shot 2016-09-21 at 12.53.20 PM.png

Disney Store has a whole line now ...........

https://search.disney.com/search?o=store&q=rock+roller+coaster

Always thought KISS would be a nice change, but he's derailed some. Key here is you can't go too contemporary because the music needs to be universally recognized and have longevity. MANY young people know and listen to classic rock. Or you go the rumored Playhouse Disney route. Personally I think Mickey is a dumb theme ....

We're big Aerosmith fans. We're big RnRC fans. We're big Mickey fans.

But Mickey + RnRC on merchandise? DOES NOT do it for us. At all. To each his/her own, but I really don't get this one!

Not that this or a brief refurb is a sign that Aerosmith it OUT, but I have to say we would be VERY disappointed if they went in that direction. Very. :sad2:

I saw some of this merch in the RR store during our late August trip this year. It's cute and I thought it was just a way to sell merch to the so many kiddos who surprisingly ride this coaster and who don't know Aerosmith nor care too much about rock 'n roll.

I don't think its going to be a Mickey coaster. I think they are selling Mickey Mouse merchandise at the RnRC gift shop. I saw a Mickey themed souvenir at ToT gift shop as well

Whether Mickey theming is coming or not, it's all about the merch. Mickey will sell more merch than Aerosmith.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter