• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Michael & Theresa ~ 4/19/2010~WP/CG/UK lower~holy moly an update! day 4 is up

Oh, I can't believe I forgot to mention, WE FINISHED OUR INVITES!!! All we need to do is get them to the post office to be weighed, stamped, and mailed! WOOHOO! I'll take some pics tonight and hopefully be able to post them tomorrow. :goodvibes I'm so proud of them... I designed them myself with the handy dandy capabilities of photoshop!!! i:lovestruc photoshop!

Loving your TR/PS we go in dec and I am getting excited....
the gel cylinders sound beautiful at WP- thats one of my main concern not sure what to do there.... looking forward to seeing your invites:goodvibes

Thanks Tammy! The PS was so much fun! You'll have a great time! As for the gel cylindars, I wanted something simple, fun and bright! I think I'll get that with those!

So as posted earlier... WE FINISHED THE INVITES!!!! Here they are. I made them all using photoshop... I :lovestruc photoshop. The colors are a little off in the pictures but the outer parts are a bright orange, the actual invite is metallic ivory and the inserts are ivory on pink, purple, and orange backgrounds. sorry the pics aren't so good...

SNV31189.jpg

SNV31190.jpg

SNV31191.jpg

SNV31192.jpg

SNV31193.jpg

SNV31197-1.jpg

SNV31200-1.jpg

I forgot to take a pic of the front of the envelope but it's not very exciting just the address in Pink Waltograph font. :goodvibes

Wow! That looks so great! Good job! If I attempt to make my own, I am def using these as inspiration (hope you don't mind)!!:goodvibes

The pictures are great!! The cake tasting looks yummy!

And your invites look wonderful!! :goodvibes You did a great job!

How's the condo hunt going?

love the inserts! :)
When are you mailing yours?
Thank you! We are actually mailing them this weekend b/c a lot of our family has been asking questions and we also have a lot of procrastinators who we have a feeling will be taking their time in regards to reservations and whatnot. So this way we are encouraging them to get things done early!

WOW! Your invites look great! VERY NICE! You did a great job! Love the colors......:goodvibes
Thank you so much Tammy! I worked really hard on them and am quite proud. Now that they are all done I feel like a weight has been lifted a little!

Wow! That looks so great! Good job! If I attempt to make my own, I am def using these as inspiration (hope you don't mind)!!:goodvibes

Thank you so much!!! Totally use them for inspiration if you want. Let me know if you need any help! :goodvibes

The pictures are great!! The cake tasting looks yummy!

And your invites look wonderful!! :goodvibes You did a great job!

How's the condo hunt going?

Hey Bunchy! The condo hunt is truckin' along i suppose. The cake was delicious! I can't wait for the real thing!

Hey Bunchy! The condo hunt is truckin' along i suppose. The cake was delicious! I can't wait for the real thing!

I know you'll find something soon! When we lived in your town back in the early and mid 90's we had a great condo off of Ridgeland Ave.

Hello Everyone! :flower3: I don't have much to update but wanted to wish everyone a very Happy, safe, New Year! :wizard: I hope everyone had a wonderful holiday. :goodvibes

As for updates, not too much going on:
~ we found a condo and have it as contingent right now. There have been a few bumps in the road though. I'm really hoping and praying it all goes through soon. I'm very stressed out.

~ I can't believe we are 3.5 months away!:scared1: I feel I still have so much to do but with the holidays and the condo thing, I just haven't had much time or energy to do anything wedding related:sad2:

~ we haven't gotten too many rsvp's back yet. our date to have them back is Jan 1 and a couple people have said they have their cards filled out but are waiting until they make their reservation to send it back to us. :sad2:

~ i have set my New Year's resolutions though. B/c i've had 2 years to get in shape for this wedding and i've basically done NOTHING to achieve my goal, I'm setting a goal of fast food only once a week voluntarily. I say voluntarily, b/c sometimes I come home to it:laughing: also, i will be doing my wiiFIT more. I was doing well with it at first but then got lazy. my goal is to do it Mon, Wed, Fri for at least a half hour. I know it's not much but it's something more than i do now:laughing:

i think that's all for now. hopefully after the new year i'll have more to report. we are going to try and get the Grand One on Jan 19 so keep your fingers crossed for us! Hope everyone is well!

I hear you w/the not having much time or energy to do anything wedding related. Until we got close to leaving for here (yes, I'm in Orlando! :goodvibes), I hadn't done anything since Thanksgiving.

Yea, WiiFit! I wanna do that more (esp. the arm one where you can hold a bottle of water and any ones for thighs) because I haven't in a while either.

Fingers are crossed! I know Jan. 19th is an important day! (Money day for DF&I, so I'm sure for you too!) Good luck!

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you on that condo! :thumbsup2 Hopefully all the details holding it up will come together soon.

Sounds like you need to have a talk with your dad about the 'take out food' situation!! :laughing:

Ok, to help reduce some stress in my life at the moment i am making a list of things we still need to do for the wedding and i would greatly appreciate all your help! :thumbsup2 invites have been sent out already so thats taken care of.

to do:
itineraries for guests
ceremony to send to Rev. Day
make bridesmaid bouquets and groomsmen bouts
flowers for placecard holder vase
placecards
additional stuff for welcome bags
print welcome bag tags
add a couple hidden mickeys here and there
pay disney!!!
programs
finish picking out music :scared1: i forgot about that
make play lists for the iPod at reception
make appointment for manicure and pedicure (any suggestions on disney property?)
contact Carolyn Allen's for dress steaming

hmmmm... what else??? all suggestions are welcome. the more the better so i definitely don't forget anything. :laughing:

I would make a list of every single little thing you need to bring with you, especially items to be worn or used on your wedding day!!! Any other item for any other day on your trip won't matter as much as forgetting something needed on your wedding day.
And I say this from experience!!!! :laughing: We were living 'back home' when we came out here to get married. We forgot my DH's dress shirt!!!!!!!!! He had to literally run to the mall to buy one. We didn't realize we forgot it until about 2 hours before we were to leave for the chapel. :eek:
Fun, fun, fun!!!

Ok, to help reduce some stress in my life at the moment i am making a list of things we still need to do for the wedding and i would greatly appreciate all your help! :thumbsup2 invites have been sent out already so thats taken care of.

to do:
itineraries for guests
ceremony to send to Rev. Day
make bridesmaid bouquets and groomsmen bouts
flowers for placecard holder vase
placecards
additional stuff for welcome bags
print welcome bag tags
add a couple hidden mickeys here and there
pay disney!!!
programs
finish picking out music :scared1: i forgot about that
make play lists for the iPod at reception
make appointment for manicure and pedicure (any suggestions on disney property?)
contact Carolyn Allen's for dress steaming

hmmmm... what else??? all suggestions are welcome. the more the better so i definitely don't forget anything. :laughing:

Oh, I am going to have to copy some of that list!!!! I already contacted Carolyn Allen's for mine, which means you should probably do the same soon!

Here are some things to add to your list from mine:
-find sheet music and figure out when to play what
-book any tours/shows
-fittings for bridal gown
-purchase any remaining accessories
-marriage license arrangements
-seating charts
-travel insurance
-pet sitter (if needed)
-make sure all wedding party is outfitted (and has it done)
-buy any clothes specifically for honeymoon

I think that is all I have that differs from your list! I hope it helps!!!

Is the officiant included in the Disney fees? If not you want to put that on your list. I do not know if it will help you but I use Ourweddingday.com to keep track of my tasks. You can even print the list out. It is a free site. I have not tried there website or anything but the task list really helps. Remember if you want to book any additional dinners through Disney outside of your wedding program you want to book those 90 days out. I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter