• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Met Any Celebs While Touring?

We saw John O'Hurley eating dinner at the Yachtsman Steakhouse. We also saw Michael Eisner and his wife (back when he was CEO) when we were staying at the Yacht Club. They were staying on the same floor as us and we rode the elevator down together. Very friendly people. We also saw Celine Dion's Christmas Day show taping at the GF. Nick Cannon (AGT) was hosting. He was very funny and friendly also!

We saw Dan Bucatinsky from Scandal at the pool at Boardwalk. No one in my group knew who he was, so I had to keep most of my excitement to myself, but I always loved his character on the show.

Never saw anyone famous. But I often tell DD who is 8 that if I even did run into someone famous and they happen to be on "my list" :love: of good looking guys, she would embarrass me like crazy! So I often hope I don't meet anyone famous :o:o:o

While we didn't see her, we were stuck in the line for Peter Pan because Courtney Cox wanted to ride alone, no one else in the ride with her and her daughter. We were not happy having to wait longer.

This is why I don't pay any attention to celebrities or get giddy when they are around.. Because so many of them are rude, arrogant, entitled people who think their time and comfort is far more important than anyone else's.

Hey Courtney is just another human being... She needs to brush her teeth and use the restroom like all the rest of us. What makes her think this behavior is ok? Oh.. Because she is an actress.. Not even a movie actress like Meryl Streep or something but a TV actress whose big show ended 12 years ago.. Yeah she's sooo important.

Saw Angelina Jolie riding the TTT (Peoplemover) in 2007, she was cloaked in a hood, and had a few guest liaison types with her, but it was definitely her. :)

At Disneyland recently---Diane Keaton and her daughter. In line with them for Soarin.
Eric Stonestreet (Cam on Modern Family) walking behind him through Downtown Disney, then later the same day we were both eating at Carthay Circle.

We rode in an elevator with Joe Namath at the Yacht Club in the early 2000's. I didn't have a clue who he was at the time, being a high school girl, but my dad introduced himself and shook his hand. I just thought my dad had lost his mind and was shaking hands with a random stranger in an elevator.

I've seen quite a few famous people at Disney (& Universal). The other week I saw Tracy Morgan at AK. Poor guy just trying to get to Starbucks but he was getting mobbed by people wanting to take pictures with him. Years ago I saw Mariah Carey in a special reserved part of the Rose Garden they set up for her so that she could watch the fireworks in peace. I saw Michael J. Fox putting his hands into cement when they used to do that in DHS and then he did a little motorcar parade thing after which was cool and I'm pretty sure I saw Christian Serratos (from The Walking Dead) last year at MK. I wasn't sure if it was her at the time so I didn't say anything but when I checked her Instagram later that day it was definitely her so then I was really bummed I didn't say anything because it's my favourite show.

And lastly, the most surreal experience I've ever had at a theme park was meeting Michael Jackson at Universal Studios. He was trying to get to MiB when I saw him (which they closed down for him so his family could ride in private) but he could barely move because the crowd of people around him was that big and he was surrounded by umbrellas and Universal staff. He had his kids with him as well and they were all wearing Spider Man masks so you couldn't see them and literally people were just jumping in front of him so that they could get a picture with him and people were grabbing his hands and crying etc because they were so excited to meet him. I've got a couple of pictures somewhere but it was just so weird at the time. I remember a man actually grabbing me and shaking me going "IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON! IT'S MICHAEL JACKSON!". I was only 16 at the time so I was just like "Okay buddy. Chill."

There's probably been more "celebs" that I've seen but I've either been oblivious to them or didn't know who they are e.g. American Sports Stars.

We saw Michael j fox last October in DHS. Looked like he had a private tour guide and yesterday we saw "evil dick" of big brother fame at Epcot!

We saw Robin Williams over Christmas of 1996 in Coral Reef. He stopped and talked with people and signed autographs and the staff said he was the only celeb to ever do that at the time.

I live in NY and met him on the street when I was 15, and a couple of years ago when filming on my street...ALWAYS lovely to everyone! A real loss.

In the early 90s we saw Candace Cameron (Full House) eating lunch at the EPCOT restaurant in France... and she spilled red wine on herself.

That's the only celeb I can think of in 50+ visits. I run into people I know from home far more often. So I make up for it by pointing out people who look somewhat like a celebrity to my family, and claiming they are.

We saw Big Ang from Mob Wives. She had her hands full with a bunch of little kids. I saw her take a few pictures with people. She seemed really nice.

Kelly Ripa almost ran me over with her baby carriage in 2008, and we rode EE with Neil Patrick Harris and his significant other in 08 as well. hmmmmm who else????

Mickey Minnie Goofy Donald Daisy Puto

I saw Kelly Ripa and her entire family at Hollywood Studios coming off of Rockin Rollercoaster

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter