Memory Maker

mommypenguin29

Mouseketeer
Ok so we have never gotten memory maker and never purchased photo pass pictures since it always seems so expensive for pictures that I can easily take... But this time I am going back and forth about doing it and looking for some feedback... Background on us and the trip - it's me, dh, ds (10) and dd (7)... we go about every other year to Disney...this is the first year we are doing park hoppers (5 Days) and dining plan (7 nights) - so very excited!! So here are a few questions I have...

Do you get pictures from the memory maker at restaurants (especially character ones)?
Do you find it takes alot of time out of your touring to get the pictures taken?
How many pictures do you get when you are done?
Do you really feel like it is worth it compared to taking your own photos?

TIA!

Really, what sold it for us were the magic shots. We really liked these. And the now with Ride photos (and some videos) it was more than worth it. I will say, it does take time to get all the photos you might want...but for us, that was a nice slow down to our otherwise hurried (and stand in line) kind of days. Also, I was really happy with all the stock photos that were available to include for scrapbooking. We did memory maker, but then paid the extra to have the CD sent to us...seemed glitchy when trying to down load ad missed some pictures, so I wanted to be sure I had them all (and all the stock photos). I will be honest, many of the pictures can also be had by handing your camera to the photographer...the only ones that you really can't get that way are the rides and magic shots (see pictures for a sampling of magic shots). I hope this helps you some.
Doc1.jpg

Do you get pictures from the memory maker at restaurants (especially character ones)?

The only pictures you get at restaurants are taken outside the restaurant, usually just with a backdrop, but I think there might be a couple (maybe CRT and Tusker House?) where you get your picture taken with a character. But the PhotoPass photographers don't take pictures inside the restaurants with the characters.

For my 8 days, 5 park days/DTD/Blizzard Beach vacation, I've got over 1000 photos in my account. Take away the stock photos, probably about 800 for my family of 5. The price went up so much this year, but I've been spoiled with MM and PhotoPass+ in the past few years. So I gave in and didn't regret my decision. So much easier to stood aside and enjoyed the excitement in my daughters' face. I didn't even use my camera. Just phone and MM. Also, I didn't take any photos or video of the fireworks or Fantasmic. Better videos in YouTube and it was a better experience.

The only pictures you get at restaurants are taken outside the restaurant, usually just with a backdrop, but I think there might be a couple (maybe CRT and Tusker House?) where you get your picture taken with a character. But the PhotoPass photographers don't take pictures inside the restaurants with the characters.
This is true most places. But O'Hana breakfast, you do get a photographer during the meal with Stitch only, but not Mickey or Pluto or Lilo.

It is so worth it! Do it! :)
You will all be in the photos. If you see an available photographer it doesn't take long to stop and take a couple of quick pics.
Also, once I logged in it was so nice to see all of the photos the photographer took while we were waiting our turn. The excitement in my daughter's eyes as she was clutching her autograph book in her hand. You won't regret it!

I think it's really about personal taste. We like it because it complements the pictures that I take and allows me to be in some of the photos. We also like that they've added the ride photos and the pre-meal shots. We've done some of the magic shots and they're pretty cute. It does take a few minutes here and there, so I guess that will take time out of your touring style if you're on a tight touring plan. We don't plan that intensely.

Really, what sold it for us were the magic shots. We really liked these. And the now with Ride photos (and some videos) it was more than worth it. I will say, it does take time to get all the photos you might want...but for us, that was a nice slow down to our otherwise hurried (and stand in line) kind of days. Also, I was really happy with all the stock photos that were available to include for scrapbooking. We did memory maker, but then paid the extra to have the CD sent to us...seemed glitchy when trying to down load ad missed some pictures, so I wanted to be sure I had them all (and all the stock photos). I will be honest, many of the pictures can also be had by handing your camera to the photographer...the only ones that you really can't get that way are the rides and magic shots (see pictures for a sampling of magic shots). I hope this helps you some.
View attachment 120966

How much was the CD? Thanks.

I think it was $26. I'm pretty sure it was under $30. It was something we purchased after getting home. We purchased Memory Maker prior to going on vacation so we had the discount...but after we got home and began downloading we saw that we could purchase a CD of our pics...we received a CD of our personal pics and a CD of stock photos...for us, a great investment b/c of time to down load...we had LOTS of pics taken...and finding that some were skipped when downloading.

I'm doing Memory Maker for the first time this year also, and I'm really excited about it! We usually go about every other year too, but we are taking my parents this time (this is their first trip), and I want pics of all of us together.

I like the Memory Maker. It is just my daughter and I, so we don't often get photos together unless we ask. Disney sort of solves the problem for us. I also love the ride photos - her face for the first time on RnR was priceless! I am so glad that it was included in the photo package!

I am also thinking of doing g this, I have a couple questions, there are 11 of us going. On the MDE I am the main person, so if I purchase this will it include all of us, do I only pay the one price and the pictures will be of all of us. And also if we are all linked under my family and friends, if we are not together, would I have to be there or can pictures be take, hope that wasn't to confusing

I am also thinking of doing g this, I have a couple questions, there are 11 of us going.

1. On the MDE I am the main person, so if I purchase this will it include all of us, do I only pay the one price and the pictures will be of all of us.

2. And also if we are all linked under my family and friends, if we are not together, would I have to be there or can pictures be take, hope that wasn't to confusing

1. Yes, as long as they're in your Friends and Family list.

2. No, you don't have to be there.

I am also thinking of doing g this, I have a couple questions, there are 11 of us going. On the MDE I am the main person, so if I purchase this will it include all of us, do I only pay the one price and the pictures will be of all of us. And also if we are all linked under my family and friends, if we are not together, would I have to be there or can pictures be take, hope that wasn't to confusing

I think having a big group is one of the best arguments for getting the MM. If you split off to different rides or parks, you'll get so many pictures of each little subgroup, which will make it fun to see what people were doing when you weren't together. Of course, it's especially beneficial if several in your group split the cost. :) Be sure to tell everyone that all pictures will be captured and encourage them to stop at photographers to maximize your MM

Have you thought about doing a share group? I don't even think memory maker was around last time I went and we would only get 1 photo from our trip but we are only paying like 30 to be in a group and we can get any photo we want out of our trip.

The Memory Maker pictures from our last trip (and first time using MM) featured something that hasn't been in our pictures in the last 7 years - me. It was worth the cost alone to have a few dozen pictures featuring our whole family, without having to track down a CM or a stranger to take a pic for us, and without having to lug the camera bag with me all day in the August heat. No-brainer addition for us from here on out.

I had no idea you could purchase a cd of your pics from the memory maker. That's great news. Thank you for mentioning that

Have you thought about doing a share group? I don't even think memory maker was around last time I went and we would only get 1 photo from our trip but we are only paying like 30 to be in a group and we can get any photo we want out of our trip.
How does that work?

Wondering how this works as well. I am in a group but it's our first time doing this and nobody knows exactly how it works lol. We have allowed the person who purchased MM to access our photos and she has given us access to hers. Does this mean she would have to download everyone's photos for us or because we are linked to her account we should be able to download photos ourselves? I remember seeing something somewhere about people in shares creating a dummy account but not sure if we have to do that or not. Any help would be greatly appreciated!! :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter