MEMORY MAKER

Southern Bell

DIS Veteran
Has anyone purchased the memory maker and what is the difference in it and the photo pass. I have purchased the photo pass in the past, mainly because of getting those hard copies of pictures, too. Now they don't have that, the one year I'm taking grandchildren to Cinderellas Castle! So what is the gain or good thing about purchasing this. Anything I need to know or is it worth it! Any information or opinions appreciated!

We bought the memory maker last trip and will buy it again this time in April. It was nice to automatically get pictures on all the rides as well as all kinds of places around the parks and at FW. After your trip (or during if you want) you just download all the pictures from the website. Then you can pick which ones you want to print and bring them to the pharmacy to be printed at your leisure or have them printed from an online vendor. It was a pretty good deal IMO.

We had MM in December and would purchase it again. I think the biggest difference is MM is all digital download and not the CD like photopass was. Had some nice pics and videos, also a few extra touches to some of the pictures too. (Like Zven photobombing a picture)

Loved the memory maker on our last Halloween trip. Especially with the special effects like olaf, tinkerbell andthe stitch in the pictures. the one movie included was a few seconds of the drop on tower of terror. i didn't look very happy!

Thank you for your replies. I guess I will purchase it. Does it matter how far in advance you order it from your vacation. I thought about purchasing it today to have one more thing paid for. My vacation isn't until end of June.

Some like it. If you do plan to buy it, do it before your trip as it is $50 more once you get back from your vacation. You should buy it one week (at least) before your trip. If you do decide to get it during your vacation, it won't contain all your pics (so I have heard).
Do make sure you stop often!!! The more places you stop for photos, the more pictures you will have. Also, do make sure to also take your own when possible. We have went for the past three years and a row and you get to view your photos whether you buy it before hand or not. Disney sends lots of emails after your trip to go and "view them, buy them". I have noticed with each and every trip there are several missing. This year is was missing one of the princesses and also when we went for Woody & Buzz meet in greet the photographer was unavailable. So don't forget to take your own with you at all time and take a few of each important spot/meet in greet.

We purchased the pass the first year and only bought a few select images from the past two trips. Or maybe the first year, they had photo pass and we got that. I still don't know what the difference is between the two. One you get a hard copy cd for extra $$, something like that anyway.

I have only seen a FW photo photographer once so don't count on many if any taken at FW.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter