Memory Maker........

kristinradico

Mouseketeer
....Is it worth it???? How much do you normally use it??I am really torn. On one hand It will be nice to have family pictures without finding someone to help us. On the other hand, I'm afraid it will be a waste of $150

WE love it! We have great pics that have everyone. We also love the ride pictures as they are so fun to see, mainly because I hate drops and my face is priceless on ToT! The magic shots are so fun. On a large family trip we have a pic of us scaring with Mike W from Monsters put into the shot. It is up to you but we like it!

Personally I don't like it, especially since it cost so much and there were many doubles of us...

I am also interested in hearing replies. I did the pre-purchase photo CD on our last trip for $99... for some reason the $150 is giving me pause. Each photo download individually is $14.95.. so that would be 10+ photos I would need to want to justify the price. Even paying extra for a ride or meal photo would still leave room to purchase a few. During our last trip I really only "used" the digital file on a couple of photos. Most I only used to incorporate in our Disney made photo book... for which I didn't need to actually purchase the photos for anyway.

My question... if I do the memory maker is it tied to my magic band. Do the photographers just scan that. The convenience of not having to keep track of the photo pass card would be nice.

With memory maker do you get character dining photos on your account if you scan your band?

With memory maker do you get character dining photos on your account if you scan your band?

We had breakfast at CRT and Ohana and the dining photos were included on our memory maker account.

I don't think my card was linked properly to my band (even though I linked it and can see it linked on MDE). Some of my first ride photos didn't show up. So I kept having them scan my memory maker card.

Memory maker was worth it to us. It allowed me to get in the picture, since I am normally the photographer. We did character breakfasts and lots of meet and greets. We ended up with over 100 pics.

eta - not one of my ride photos have shown up in my account, which is annoying.

Formerly known as Photopass +, we have purchased it for our last two trips and I intend to purchase it for my upcoming trip in June. We used to have a million pictures of our family minus one person, my mother, who was taking the pictures. Now everyone can be included without having to ask another person (I know it's not a big deal, but I hate bothering people). Another perk is the special effects they are able to include in pictures, such as holding up Simba or holding Tinkerbell in everyone's hands. We also like have all the pictures from the rides, and plan out poses to use on every single ride. Lastly, it was great at the waterparks. My camera is not waterproof and it was nice have Photopass CMs waiting after and during rides to take pictures. I guess it depends on how much it might be worth to you, but I will never go again without purchasing it.

Memory maker was worth it to us. It allowed me to get in the picture, since I am normally the photographer. We did character breakfasts and lots of meet and greets. We ended up with over 100 pics. eta - not one of my ride photos have shown up in my account, which is annoying.

Did the memory maker go and collect each of them after you rode?

If you purchase the memory maker online how do you link it to your magic band & can you link it to more than one band in your party?
TIA

If you purchase the memory maker online how do you link it to your magic band & can you link it to more than one band in your party?
TIA

You add the confirmation number to your MDE account. You can only make one person the "primary" person for ride and dining photos. However, everyone else in your party can add regular photopass photos to their bands. You just have to make sure it says under your friends and family list under each person it says "share and view all photos".

Does anyone know if I am the main person my magic band should get ride photos right? How about if I give my wife the card that came. Can she get a ride photo with the card if I'm not there?
Thanks

Does anyone know if I am the main person my magic band should get ride photos right? How about if I give my wife the card that came. Can she get a ride photo with the card if I'm not there?
Thanks

There is only one main person that can add attraction and dining photos, according to the website. But if she has your band/card, that should work. They just need that one card/band to add them. Not everyone in your party can add them to their MB. KWIM? Regular photos, yes.

There is only one main person that can add attraction and dining photos, according to the website. But if she has your band/card, that should work. They just need that one card/band to add them. Not everyone in your party can add them to their MB. KWIM? Regular photos, yes.

that's interesting because we were there a week and a half ago, and both my spouse and I were able to to this.

For us it was - 175+ pictures in 3 days.
But we did a lot of character meet and greets, a breakfast at chef mickeys and we made it a priority to get our picture taken when ever we saw someone with a camera. We also took muliptle photos from different photographers who were at the same location. I'm glad we did too- some of the photographers we had better chemistry with and we got better pictures.

For character meet and greets they started taking pictures as soon as my son started interacting with them. So for each character we got 4-6 pictures. My favorites are actually the candid pictures of my son with the characters. It added up pretty quick.

For us it was, but we also treated it like a scavenger hunt and made it fun looking for the photographers.

We even did some magic shots where the photographer put us in a pose and when I downloaded the picture there was an animated character in the pose with us.

My goal was 150 pictures, so a dollar a picture. I checked them at night on my computer and kept a running total of how many pictures we were at.

So, its one of the those things where it is what you make of it. It can be worth it if you put in the effort to stop and get your picture taken. If you don't, then it is not.

I guess I'm still not sure I'm explaining it right...when I bought this they sent me a card. I have added that card number to my magic band. So I'm assuming I shouldn't have to show both the card and my magic band each time for a ride photo right? Just my magic band should work right? But then if my wife carries around the card she should also be able to use the card to get pictures added too...or does it not work that way?
Andrew

I guess I'm still not sure I'm explaining it right...when I bought this they sent me a card. I have added that card number to my magic band. So I'm assuming I shouldn't have to show both the card and my magic band each time for a ride photo right? Just my magic band should work right? But then if my wife carries around the card she should also be able to use the card to get pictures added too...or does it not work that way?
Andrew

We had 6 in our group and as long as everyone's MDE had sharing photos, anyone can add to the main memory maker - you don't need the card.

Just returned from WDW and used Memory maker. We have 235 photos mainly ride photos. My kids weren't interested in many character meet and greets. Ride photos were great. We got so many they did many funny poses each time.
Very easy to use. great photos of jedi training for my son. It is worth it to us.

Andrew

You can also carry a regular photopass card and add those photos to your MM account. At Pirate's League, they used a different card (didn't even want the MM card, which I had on me). And if you go to Enchanted Tales with Belle, they hand you a card with all the photos taken during the show. I just added them to our MM account that night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter