Memory Maker........

I purchased Memory Maker online today for our trip at the end of May. The confirmation number was emailed to me but I wasn't able to link Memory Maker in MDE with this number. I called Disney and was told my card will be mailed and it will have a voucher number assigned to it. I'll need to use the voucher number to link Memory Maker to my account.

I think it's great. We used Memory Maker last week. We ended up with over 150 photos.

The crowd moves out of the way for Disney photogs more than they do for me. :-)

Do you have to pay for the paper copy of the pictures at the restaurants to get the digital version on your account? That is what it says online but it sounds like that isn't true.

Do you have to pay for the paper copy of the pictures at the restaurants to get the digital version on your account? That is what it says online but it sounds like that isn't true.

Where did you read that? Memory Maker includes ride and dining photos without having to purchase them individually. Now, I don't know if the opposite is true - in other words, I don't know if you can get the physical copy of the dining photo if you have Memory Maker, although I would assume you would at CRT and Akershus since the picture is included in the cost of the meal.

Where did you read that? Memory Maker includes ride and dining photos without having to purchase them individually. Now, I don't know if the opposite is true - in other words, I don't know if you can get the physical copy of the dining photo if you have Memory Maker, although I would assume you would at CRT and Akershus since the picture is included in the cost of the meal.

I think i read it on allears or wdwinfo..thanks for your help though! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't true before i purchased it

Edit, yes read it on wdwinfo

Character dining locations offering PhotoPass (tableside photo purchase is required to add the photos to your PhotoPass card):

1900 Park Fare
breakfast at Ohana
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table*
breakfast at Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Akershus Princess Storybook Dining*

*price of photo package is included with meal.

Just returned from a trip using memory maker. We got both digital and print from CRT, but were NOT given the prints at Chef Mickey's or Tusker house... Those locations were just available to us digitally. Seemed kinda silly to me really... I mean, I paid $150 already, and they're standing right there with the print in their hands. But they toss it instead of giving it to us. No big deal really, since I can get my own print super cheap and I didn't love those pics anyway, but still seems chintzy to me not to include the print.

Memory maker was definitely worth it for us... Lots of great character shots, ride shots, and really, Jedi Training alone would have almost been worth it. I would have a really hard time just picking a few of those to purchase individually.

Just returned from a trip using memory maker. We got both digital and print from CRT, but were NOT given the prints at Chef Mickey's or Tusker house... Those locations were just available to us digitally. Seemed kinda silly to me really... I mean, I paid $150 already, and they're standing right there with the print in their hands. But they toss it instead of giving it to us. No big deal really, since I can get my own print super cheap and I didn't love those pics anyway, but still seems chintzy to me not to include the print.

Memory maker was definitely worth it for us... Lots of great character shots, ride shots, and really, Jedi Training alone would have almost been worth it. I would have a really hard time just picking a few of those to purchase individually.

Thank you so much for the confirmation!

Can I log in each night at my WDW hotel and see the pics from the day or do I have to wait for the end of the trip?

And you are saying I still have to purchase a picture at 1900 Faire to get my MM picture??? ugh. That is very annoying as $150 for pictures is plenty!

Can I log in each night at my WDW hotel and see the pics from the day or do I have to wait for the end of the trip?

And you are saying I still have to purchase a picture at 1900 Faire to get my MM picture??? ugh. That is very annoying as $150 for pictures is plenty!

You'll get the 1900 PF picture digitally and with memory maker can download it as many times as you want (and order prints from somewhere cheaper than Disney). You'd only have to pay extra to walk out of the restaurant with the print in your hand.

I think i read it on allears or wdwinfo..thanks for your help though! I just wanted to make sure it wasn't true before i purchased it

Edit, yes read it on wdwinfo

Character dining locations offering PhotoPass (tableside photo purchase is required to add the photos to your PhotoPass card):

1900 Park Fare
breakfast at Ohana
Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show
Chef Mickey's
Cinderella's Royal Table*
breakfast at Tusker House
Hoop Dee Doo Musical Revue
Akershus Princess Storybook Dining*

*price of photo package is included with meal.

That's if you don't have MM and just want to add it to a PhotoPass card that you got from one of the PhotoPass photographers.

Can I log in each night at my WDW hotel and see the pics from the day or do I have to wait for the end of the trip? And you are saying I still have to purchase a picture at 1900 Faire to get my MM picture??? ugh. That is very annoying as $150 for pictures is plenty!

Yeah you can but generally it can take up to 24 hours for photos to appear in your account. They aren't normally uploaded instantly and then they usually have to make it past the moderation queue before they're allowed to be posted.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Sorry to hijack thread but I'm just curious about buying this for my Sept trip :)

1. Can I buy this as a UK resident? (I'm staying offsite so no magic bands)
2. Will it last the full two weeks I'll be there?
3. If I want a particular ride photo, what do I do? Do I go and say the photo number and have them scan my card?
4. I've heard that each photo is something like $15 to buy.. Is that if I want disney to print it and mail it to me? Are all digital photos downloadable as part of my package so I can save them to my computer when I get home?
5. When I see a photographer, do I just get them to scan my card and that's it?

Thanks so much in advance :goodvibes

Sorry to hijack thread but I'm just curious about buying this for my Sept trip :) 1. Can I buy this as a UK resident? (I'm staying offsite so no magic bands) 2. Will it last the full two weeks I'll be there? 3. If I want a particular ride photo, what do I do? Do I go and say the photo number and have them scan my card? 4. I've heard that each photo is something like $15 to buy.. Is that if I want disney to print it and mail it to me? Are all digital photos downloadable as part of my package so I can save them to my computer when I get home? 5. When I see a photographer, do I just get them to scan my card and that's it? Thanks so much in advance :goodvibes
1. Yep. Magic bands aren't needed - you can use regular PhotoPass cards. You would just purchase it via mydisneyexperience.

2. Memory maker lets you download photos and any photos taken in the next 30 days when you download your first so it'll last your whole trip. Just watch for photos expiring 45 days after being taken.

3.you got it exactly. They'll ask if you have memory maker you'll say yes they'll scan your card.

4. Yes if you want prints you would have to purchase them but memory maker comes with digital downloads of all your photos and the rights needed. You can have them printed locally for a lot cheaper.

5. Yep. They won't approach you and force you to take pictures. You just walk up they take the pictures then scan your PhotoPass card. Online you claim the card to see your photos and in less than 24-48 hours they're viewable online.

I probably won't do it again.

1. Pics weren't that great. When they take your pic you can't see it until way later. If it is a bad pic, you've lost that photo opp. If you get a stranger to take it and it's terrible, just take another.

I was really hopeful about a night pic in front of the Eiffel Tower. He took three and you can't even tell it is my family!

2. We were moving pretty fast most days. We really didn't slow down for pics. We got the major shots. The ones we took with our phones were usually better. We were there for seven days. So, for the whole week we took enough to justify the cost I suppose.

3. The website to get your pics is crazy slow.

The good thing is that it helps you to remember to take pictures. If you really think you will slow down to wait for them, and you aren't comfortable asking strangers for help, do it.

I won't do it again.

I'm also sorry for hijacking the thread, however I too have a question.

If you don't buy the memory maker, can you still get a photopass card when you get to the parks and buy a single print when you get back? DH and I do this each year to document our trip

1. Yep. Magic bands aren't needed - you can use regular PhotoPass cards. You would just purchase it via mydisneyexperience. 2. Memory maker lets you download photos and any photos taken in the next 30 days when you download your first so it'll last your whole trip. Just watch for photos expiring 45 days after being taken. 3.you got it exactly. They'll ask if you have memory maker you'll say yes they'll scan your card. 4. Yes if you want prints you would have to purchase them but memory maker comes with digital downloads of all your photos and the rights needed. You can have them printed locally for a lot cheaper. 5. Yep. They won't approach you and force you to take pictures. You just walk up they take the pictures then scan your PhotoPass card. Online you claim the card to see your photos and in less than 24-48 hours they're viewable online. Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You have been a HUGE help thank you SO much!! :) sorry just one question- if I purchase it through MDE, do I get it posted to my UK address or do I collect it at the park? I definitely think I will be purchasing this :)

PhotoPass cards haven't gone anywhere. Neither had the PhotoPass service - it's still complimentary for all guests.

When you order your memory maker, you'll get an email confirmation. You can either use that number to link up, or you can choose the will call option. You pick up the card at will call, claim the number in your account, assign download privileges to the person who would be using the PhotoPass account and then from there you can either use the card or get a PhotoPass card.

During character meets do the Photopass people automatically take pictures of each person, or do you need to give them your Photopass card first? We aren't buying MM - I don't have to actually DO anything in the parks other than keep track of any Photopass cards I get in order to be able to view all our PP pics once we're home, right?

If you get photo pass instead of mm, can you still order the cd? That's what I've done the last two trips. I never buy the ride photos. What's the difference in prices for photo pass and mm?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter