Memory maker questions please help

princess evie

Mouseketeer
Hiya all

I'm off to Disney in 3 days time, could someone please explain the memory maker? I have no idea what to d? How does it work? And is it worth the dollers? Also there are 2 different packages which one is better? I've never done this before so first time lol not sure what to do?

TIA

EVIE

Basically, if you buy Memory Maker any pictures taken in the parks by the Disney photographers plus ride photos from certain rides and attractions will be added to your Memory Maker account. I believe you can buy a ride only option (you always used to be able to).

If you wish to pre-purchase it (for a reduced price) you would need to do that straight away as any photos taken within 3 days of pre-purchase will not be added to your MM account.

There is a really comprehensive guide here

ETA: in terms of whether it's worth it, for me it really depends. If you are planning to spend a decent amount of time in the WDW parks, it is really worth it for getting pictures with all of you in them. If you only plan a couple of park days, unless you intend to spend a lot of the time getting pictures taken, then maybe not. Only you can really answer that question.

Last edited:
Hi
Thank you for replying back to me, still a tad confused but then it's not hard for me lol......so you can't get photo pass any more? I had this 5 years ago when I went!!
In your opinion is it worth buying or shall I just take hubby's camera? And if I was to get it, would you go for the $199 package as the cheaper one you can't use for the first 3 days!! I do have the Disney experience app and will be collecting my magic bands when we arrive

Thank you

No, the Photopass was replaced by Memory maker. If you have used Photopass before, it's the same premise. It isn't that you can't use it for the first 3 days, it is that if you buy at the advance purchase price ($199) you have to do that at least 3 days before you want to use it - so you could buy it now and it will be OK in 3 days. You can still add it, at the full price, while you are there though so if you aren't sure, it might be worth waiting and see how many pictures you have, to see if it is worth paying for.

We always take our own pictures, even if we have Memory Maker.

Oh right silly me I'm such a divvy lol the one for $169 says you can't use and I thought that any pictures in the 1st 3 days wouldn't be loaded lol

So basically I can pre order for $179 or pay $199 when I get there? How would it work if I waited till I'm there? I'm presuming you scan your wrist band and the photos would still be loaded and then you pay the $199?

So sorry for all the questions, seems so many changes since I was last there lol x

Yes, if you pre order then any pictures taken within 3 days of purchase will not be loaded onto your MM account. If you want to buy while you are there, just have pictures taken as normal, have your band scanned and then if you decide to buy, just go to one fo the Photo places to buy it and your pictures will be downloadable (once you have edited, etc.) from www.mydisneyphotopass.com (yes they still have photpass int eh site even though it's Memory Maker, just to add to the confusion)

We always take our own pictures as well as using memory maker, just incase there is any issues with it. That being said I always feel like MM is worth it for us :)

So wether I pre purchase or do while I'm there I don't get the first 3 days? Am I reading correctly? Sorry I'm confused easily lol

And if I get while I'm there, I can wait till they are all loaded on my magic band?

I really do appreciate your help x

So wether I pre purchase or do while I'm there I don't get the first 3 days? Am I reading correctly? Sorry I'm confused easily lol

And if I get while I'm there, I can wait till they are all loaded on my magic band?

I really do appreciate your help x

I don't know how else to explain it. It is to down to how much you pay for it. Basically, if you buy at the cheaper (pre-purchase) price, because the premise is that you are pre-purchasing, you cannot have any pictures taken within 3 days of purchase added to your account. So, if you bought it today, the first time you would be able to have pictures added is in 3 days. However, if you pay full price (i.e. buy it while you are there or pay full price now) then any pictures taken from now on (or before as long as they are within the download time limit - 45 days, I believe) will be on your account. It is to stop people buying it at the cheaper price when they are already there, as it is supposed to be a discounted price for pre-purchase only. I hope that makes sense this time.

We used Memory Maker when we visited WDW last November. In addition to the pictures taken for you by photopass photographers and the ride photos, it will also include videos taken on a couple of the rides. I know for sure (because these were the rides my kids rode) that you will get videos of the Tower of Terror in Disney Studios and the 7 Dwarf Mine Ride. I think I read that they are also doing a video of the Haunted Mansion now, but I could be wrong about that. . . . . You mentioned that you will have Magic Bands, and those work beautifully with the Memory Maker. All ride photos and videos are automatically captured by the Magic Bands and they show up in your photos without you having to take time to stop at the picture kiosk at the end of the rides.

Hope this info helps. Have a great trip.

I think I get it now lol the 3 days mentioned is from when you buy the memory maker......which makes the pre purchase price so I'd be able to use your the time I get there and th normal price I can do when I'm there and presuming you scan your magic card lol

I bet you think your trying to explain to a right divvy lol x

I think I get it now lol the 3 days mentioned is from when you buy the memory maker......which makes the pre purchase price so I'd be able to use your the time I get there and th normal price I can do when I'm there and presuming you scan your magic card lol

I bet you think your trying to explain to a right divvy lol x

You've got it :thumbsup2 So, basically, if you want to pay the pre-purchase price, you probably need to buy it now so you can have pictures added from as soon as you arrive. If you aren't bothered about saving the $30 or whatever discount it is, then just buy while you are there if you have had enough pictures taken to make it worthwhile. You can go to the photo centres at the parks at any time to view your pictures or look at them on www.mydisneyphotopass.com

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter