Memories Collection info?

lenshanem

DIS Veteran
Does anyone have a good link that really goes over the Memories Collection? Looking at this for a vow renewal.

Are there requirements for room stay? We have DVC.
Curious about upgrading photo package, too.

Thanks for any help!

I am no expert but I am having my memories wedding at the end of this month :)
You are only allowed 4 guests, minimum requirement for accommodation is that you spend at least 2 night (including the wedding night) on resort. No other restrictions as far as I know.
Disney offer an hours photography as part of the package... I was going to opt for the CD of all the shots with copyright for $500
But then I found out that Randy Chapman does a memories phoyography package including the copyright CD and combines that with a videographer who shoots your ceremony (with 2 cameras - from 2 angles) and 3dvds of that for a combined price of $500!!!
A no brainer for me as you can't guarantee who your Disney photographer will be and some have very mixed reviews - and I was going with the upgrade anyways :)
Disney have been brilliant with everything else though and were very accommodating about us having a Halloween wedding even though it falls on a Wednesday (outside of usual memories availability)

Yep - they have to sign a third party waiver which is supplied by Disney.
It does mean that you are then not entitled to the hours Disney photography (and the few photos) and you cannot get money off the flat rate fee for forfeiting this from the memories celebration - but as I said Disneys add-ons for the photography are very expensive compared to what some outside vendors offer x

I was recently engaged at Disney World on Luau Beach at the Poly after the Wishes fireworks were over.

I was looking at the Memories Collection for a few reasons:

1. The Memories Collection venues offers Luau Beach which is now a special place because that's where we were engaged.

2. I don't want a huge ceremony. I know it's only for four guests other than the bride and groom and I am agonizing over this whole thing. My plan was to invite people to come and take everyone to dinner at 'Ohana in lieu of a reception since it is one of my fiance's and mine favourite places to dine. Plus, it goes with the whole ceremony venue theme. The problem lies in that I now wonder if guests will be totally upset because they can't be at the ceremony. I'm wondering if they can be onlookers in the distance not RIGHT at the ceremony? Or does Disney completely block this off and allow no one at all near the site? The idea is that everyone is there to share in a vacation week since we are celebrating many birthdays during that month and it is my dad's 70th birthday as well... Just adding the fact that we are happening to be married is icing on the cake. Thoughts?

I highly recommend buying the Disney Weddings and Honeymoons Passporter book written by our very own Carrie. It is A lifesaver! Has all of the info you could ever want in it.

I'm no help with the memories collection but wanted to let you know about the Passporter book.

How many extra guests are we talking about? There's no way for Disney to block the public path that goes by Luau Beach, and I have heard of past Memories events having a few extra onlookers. But Disney's not going to like it if 25 extra people just "happen" to be standing around the beach during your ceremony because they specifically designed this package to be small and easy to manage.

If you do decide to have a private ceremony and only invite guests to your reception meal, you may find that people are very understanding about the guest limit and just happy to celebrate at Ohana with you. ...Or you may get some who have their feelings hurt. It's hard to say. But if, like you pointed out, the main attraction of the trip to your guests is celebrating birthdays, they might not mind.

Just throwing an idea out their but could you keep it a secret and just have your parents with you at the ceremony, plan the Ohana meal with everyone and then just turn up and go surprise we got married today?

Just throwing an idea out their but could you keep it a secret and just have your parents with you at the ceremony, plan the Ohana meal with everyone and then just turn up and go surprise we got married today?

That's a great idea! :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter