• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Member Merry Mixer dates Released

We have only been to one and will be going back this year. They did have the DJ, they did have 2 or 3 character photo ops, they did have games, they had a couple of "elves" entertaining people. It was "snowing" outside and they had "snowflakes" projected on the walls inside. They did have numerous drawings for gift baskets and there there was a very nice DVC ornament when you left. We had a nice time. Not great but nice.

Yes, the lines for pins and merchandise were long, we only got 1 gingerbread cookie per person, there weren't too many places to sit, more standing tables than sitting tables.

There was however absolutely no presentation or selling of DVC. Same with the Welcome Home Wednesdays, no presentation or selling.

If you go in with a bad attitude you'll probably not enjoy yourself. If nothing else you'll get a cookie, a beverage and an ornament and a new experience.

Thanks for the confirmation! Sometimes I don't understand the negativity. What you describe is what I was expecting.

Thanks for the confirmation! Sometimes I don't understand the negativity. What you describe is what I was expecting.

Doug, last the DVC Castmember table was on the right as you entered the room. I didn't go over there and I do not recall them coming out and soliciting. So no worries;

I would get the photo ops first.

Last year they were on the right side of the room, past the DVC table. Take your own camera to have a WDW Castmember take photos for you if you don't want to buy the professional photos.

Last year the stage was on the right also. Go past the stage and on the other side of the room is the second photo op.

Coffee, lemonaide, hot chocolate are located on the left as you walk in the room and also is a similar place on the floor on the far side of the room. You could get drinks their, too

By the drink area is where you give your coupon that they give you as you entered to exchange for a packaged Christmas treat with several choices.

In the back of the room against the wall they also have a pin trading table area. If you bring some pins, you can trade with them.

Last year, on the far left of the room they had merchandise for sale.

Last year, as you entered the room, they had a children area on the far left/front area;

There are a lot of tables in front of the stage and a very large open area in front of the stage where kids and adults sit on the floor waiting to participate in kid and adult games with the DJ directing. Very fun to watch. I laughed so much.

Have fun, and if they hand out special ornaments out, they will be given out as you leave the front door.

Doug, last the DVC Castmember table was on the right as you entered the room. I didn't go over there and I do not recall them coming out and soliciting. So no worries;

I would get the photo ops first.

Last year they were on the right side of the room, past the DVC table. Take your own camera to have a WDW Castmember take photos for you if you don't want to buy the professional photos.

Last year the stage was on the right also. Go past the stage and on the other side of the room is the second photo op.

Coffee, lemonaide, hot chocolate are located on the left as you walk in the room and also is a similar place on the floor on the far side of the room. You could get drinks their, too

By the drink area is where you give your coupon that they give you as you entered to exchange for a packaged Christmas treat with several choices.

In the back of the room against the wall they also have a pin trading table area. If you bring some pins, you can trade with them.

Last year, on the far left of the room they had merchandise for sale.

Last year, as you entered the room, they had a children area on the far left/front area;

There are a lot of tables in front of the stage and a very large open area in front of the stage where kids and adults sit on the floor waiting to participate in kid and adult games with the DJ directing. Very fun to watch. I laughed so much.

Have fun, and if they hand out special ornaments out, they will be given out as you leave the front door.

Thanks RaySharpton for the excellent tips. Sounds like an opportunity to have a great time. I think my kids will really enjoy the DJ, games and character encounters (and we will too!).

I was so happy to see that they are having the mixer again this year. There was some speculation that it wouldn't be held. We went last year and had a good time. We are going this year on 12-2 right at 3. We booked the Holiday De-lights tour and it starts at 4 (sharp!) at the front of EPCOT. Unfortunately, we won't have a lot of time to stay at the mixer. Just enough time to get our treat and hopefully the ornament.

Thanks for posting the pics and link Ray! If I see you I'll say hi!

April

I haven't ever been to a mixer in this location. I was only able to make two of these events back when they were held outside the International Gateway of EPCOT.

And guess what????? I won't be making it this year, either. :sad2: We arrive 12/9 (after 5pm) and leave 12/15. Poop. :headache:

But for those of you attending, pixiedust:.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter