Member Cruise for 2016

md9692

Earning My Ears
Does anyone out there know when they might post the new dates for the member cruise for 2016 ???:tigger:

I thought I read that they announce it while on the Member Cruise for that year. My husband wants to do this, but we have a cruise booked for September this year.

Over on the Cruise Board, there is a post saying that the rest of DCL 2016 schedule will be released sometime this week.

Over on the Cruise Board, there is a post saying that the rest of DCL 2016 schedule will be released sometime this week.

They won't announce the member cruise, but folks will figure out by the "gap" of no cruise for a certain timeframe. So look in August 2016 and find the place where no 4 night cruise is listed, of course it could be September too.

Sometimes there is no gap. We get posts saying that suddenly the cruise someone booked is no longer available. I wonder if they will have 2 MCs next year as they have this year.

Can any member go on the member cruise even if not booking with points? we bought resale and were wondering this. Dont know too much more about the cruises. We were also wondering the same things as to when 2016 comes out!

Can any member go on the member cruise even if not booking with points? we bought resale and were wondering this. Dont know too much more about the cruises. We were also wondering the same things as to when 2016 comes out!
If all of your points were purchased resale after 3/20/2011, you can't book the member cruise at all.

They won't announce the member cruise, but folks will figure out by the "gap" of no cruise for a certain timeframe. So look in August 2016 and find the place where no 4 night cruise is listed, of course it could be September too.

Or January, February or May.

Current policy is that members must own SOME number of points purchased direct from DVC in order to book a member cruise. Even if you're paying cash.

If all points were bought resale, you cannot attend a member cruise.

There is a "grandfathered date" meaning that if you have resale bought before a certain date, the restriction does not apply, and you can even use those points for a Member Cruise, or you could use cash. I do not know when that date was, maybe in 2012????If you only have resale points, and you bought after that date is, you cannot book a Member Cruise at all. At least, that's the way the rules are now.

There is a "grandfathered date" meaning that if you have resale bought before a certain date, the restriction does not apply, and you can even use those points for a Member Cruise, or you could use cash. I do not know when that date was, maybe in 2012????If you only have resale points, and you bought after that date is, you cannot book a Member Cruise at all. At least, that's the way the rules are now.
Resale purchases prior to 3/21/2011 are grandfathered in.

We did our first ever cruise this past January; is their much of a difference between the regular Disney cruises and the members only ones?

We did our first ever cruise this past January; is their much of a difference between the regular Disney cruises and the members only ones?
DVC brings in special guests and additional entertainment on top of the regular ships shows. The price is typically more than a regular DCL cruise with the same itinerary for the same time of the year.

Below are scans of the "Experience Guide" from the 2014 Member Cruise (click thumb nail for larger image):

They also leave gifts in your stateroom everyday:

Thanks for the info, we weren't impressed with the one we took but we had really high expectations too and for first time ever cruisers it just wasn't long enough we felt like we didn't do hardly anything on the Dream with only having 3 nights and 2 port stops. Our own fault I guess. We also were disappointed in the food. Disney world food has always been great and we felt cruise food was average to below average.

Does anyone know if I have a standing DCL OBB reservation am I allowed to modify it to a Member Cruise if I am paying cash?

NEVERMIND I called MS and was told that since this a Charter I would not be able to modify the existing reservation with DCL, I could cancel it without penalty and book the Member cruise but for $4263 for 3 people for 4 nights plus $810 in airfare ill pass.

Last edited:
Thanks for the info, we weren't impressed with the one we took but we had really high expectations too and for first time ever cruisers it just wasn't long enough we felt like we didn't do hardly anything on the Dream with only having 3 nights and 2 port stops. Our own fault I guess. We also were disappointed in the food. Disney world food has always been great and we felt cruise food was average to below average.

I refer to the Dream as the Nightmare. If you go again, try one of the smaller ships.Service is so much better, food was better etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter