Member Cruise for 2016

I am interested in the whole experience, beginning with the ABD. I have not made up my mind yet.

I am interested in the whole experience, beginning with the ABD. I have not made up my mind yet.

Doesn't look like ABD is available for cash, and with the value of 395 points, I could put together a heck of a NYC experience...

Did not realize ABD was not available for cash. We are saving points for Aulani. I think it would be one heck of a NYC experience. I would like to have it all arranged for me, but not for points.

I have a friend, a DVCer who is interested in going! DH is encouraging me to go with her.

We are definitely going, God willing! 2 couples That were table mates from the Alaska cruise are planning to go, too. Hope we can all work it out!

I would really love to go on a MC but my DH isn't interested in traveling up the coast to Canada. He only wants to cruise to the warmer weather. So I guess I'll be passing on this one. Maybe in 2017.

Jean, I hope one year it does work out for you. This will be my 3rd MC without DH. I like them way more than he does.

I'm trying to decide. It would mean three days off of school for the kids, and one day off work for me, which is a little tricky. It also seems a little expensive. I guess I was willing to spend the $$$ for the once-in-a-lifetime Alaska MC, but this one wouldn't be much less, for only 4 nights, & 1 port. Hmmm.

Did not realize ABD was not available for cash. We are saving points for Aulani. I think it would be one heck of a NYC experience. I would like to have it all arranged for me, but not for points.
I notice that Adventures By Disney offers a New York City Long Weekend package for dates in September and October 2016, and it sounds a lot like the ABD package that will be offered before the Member Cruise. The price for the 3-night, 4-day package is $2,649 per adult. I doubt that ABD package connected to the Member Cruise would be priced less, assuming it could be purchased for cash.

Is it 395pts per person, or the equivalent of appx $5k?

If so, that looks like a very $$$ to Canada for only 4 days. ;(

It looks you save around 20 points for kids. :rolleyes1

Wow, that ABD trip is really expensive, even more so if you can only pay with points since the rental value of the points is roughly $4740 per adult (395 X $12 per point).

Hi...I am a new DVC member (yeah!!) but not new to Disney. I'm wondering...is a member cruise worth the $$? We live in NYC so no airfare! We cannot pay in points (don't have that much yet) so if I figured correctly $$ for me, DH & DS would be around $4,000 (if inside cabin available and more if prices didn't include port taxes). Not cheap for a 4 night cruise. We've been on a Disney cruise before and loved it. The main reason we'd go on this cruise is for the members-only experience, not the destination (though Canada is nice - been on a Canadian cruise before). Is it worth it?? Has anyone been on a MC before?? Are the "members perks" worth spending this $$ for at least this one time...just to experience it?? We love MNSSHP and F&W and usually take a long weekend in Sept or Oct. to enjoy it. Is the members only cruise worth giving up a fall trip to Disney World? We all enjoy cruising...and love Disney. Just trying to decide if there a better way to spend this money on a Disney vacation (probably at least $5,000 or more after tips and whatevers) or is a members-only cruise definitely worth trying at least once. And since this one is NYC it's very convenient for us. Thanks for any input, opinions, advice....

Hi...I am a new DVC member (yeah!!) but not new to Disney. I'm wondering...is a member cruise worth the $$? We live in NYC so no airfare! We cannot pay in points (don't have that much yet) so if I figured correctly $$ for me, DH & DS would be around $4,000 (if inside cabin available and more if prices didn't include port taxes). Not cheap for a 4 night cruise. We've been on a Disney cruise before and loved it. The main reason we'd go on this cruise is for the members-only experience, not the destination (though Canada is nice - been on a Canadian cruise before). Is it worth it?? Has anyone been on a MC before?? Are the "members perks" worth spending this $$ for at least this one time...just to experience it?? We love MNSSHP and F&W and usually take a long weekend in Sept or Oct. to enjoy it. Is the members only cruise worth giving up a fall trip to Disney World? We all enjoy cruising...and love Disney. Just trying to decide if there a better way to spend this money on a Disney vacation (probably at least $5,000 or more after tips and whatevers) or is a members-only cruise definitely worth trying at least once. And since this one is NYC it's very convenient for us. Thanks for any input, opinions, advice....

This is another thread on the topic!

http://www.disboards.com/threads/members-only-cruise-pros-and-cons.3459467/

I've given my answer to "is it worth it" many times and for me, it has been. This will be my 5th MC. My DH has been on 2 with me. He would go with me on this next one, but a friend has asked me to join her, and he's OK with that. I am not however giving up a fall trip to WDW, I'm going with some friends in mid September for a Halloween party. I am retired, and have a lot of free time for travel!:)

We have been on one member cruise and loved it. Can't wait for the new York cruise next year! Will arrive a couple days esrly to hit some theater. Halifax and Nova Scotia are beautiful and the colors should be out then. We would never use points. Just doesn't seem like you're getting good value for that many points.

Did not realize ABD was not available for cash. We are saving points for Aulani. I think it would be one heck of a NYC experience. I would like to have it all arranged for me, but not for points.=QUOTE]

Nope...adults are 395 points each and kids are 379 points each...For us, we only have 200points per year, it's completely infeasible. I honestly think they should have included a Disney Broadway show since there is no way to stop at CC. While it sounds fun, we will wait for the 2017 cruise. Hubby really wants to take our daughter to hear more about the jobs. She went nuts when we gave her all the stuff from the people on this year's cruise. Her art teacher cried.

It really just depends on the location. This NY to Canada trip, not really. The Alaska 7 day is only of the big ticket DCL cruises and does not go up to Denali...stays on lower Alaska/Canadian coast. Their Caribbean itineraries are goid prices, even using DVC...the trick is the season rates. If you can catch it off season, you get some great deals. We took our three kids on off peak for just under 2 years of our points. We don't have a ton of points so we are judicious when using them.

Love that this years Member Cruise is sailing out of NYC but they may have out priced us. Will be taking a look at the other Magic cruises out of NYC as well.

I just tried to look at the other DCL Canadian cruises out of NYC for next year, and apparently they are sold out!

From NYC you can go to the Bahamas or to San Juan as the repositioning cruise.

I just tried the same thing earlier and could not find the other Canadian cruises either. Anyone know how many there were for 2016?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter